Getting closer...

Memories of Love

@CreateTheSound it’s… something I’ll explain I’ll explain soon. Lol, Kyuhyun the Insensitive Maknae
@AvyA7X It’s okay, don’t need to always comment
@kimleeraemi annyeong! Thank you!

Okay, gonna end this story
--

2012, June 25, 12:00 pm

“HYEMI!” shouted Ryeowook. Everyone looked at Ryeowook then where he was looking. They all ran to her but when Hye-Jin tried hugging her she walked right through.

“W-What just-?” said Hye-Jin.

“How did she-?” asked Sungmin.

“Is it you Hyemi?” asked Kyuhyun. The girl they were talking to started to back away, but she started becoming more transparent.

“What’s happening?” asked Ryeowook. Hyemi shook her head slowly and started running away. They were all speechless.

“She just runs away?!” said Sungmin.

“Well?! Run after her!” said Hye-Jin.

“Whatever,” Sungmin grumbled.

“You guys-ah, damn it!” said Kyuhyun. It started to rain heavily just like before. “Why now?!”

“You guys take care of Hye-Jin, I’ll go after her,” said Sungmin and ran off immediately.

“And I was just about to say that…” said Kyuhyun.

“Good job, you didn’t even make it pass the hero of the day,” Ryeowook teased. Kyuhyun punched him on the arm.

“Shut up…” muttered Kyuhyun. “So, what are we going to do now?”

“ACHOO!”

The boys turned to Hye-Jin who was sneezing.

“ACHOO!”

“Why is she…?” asked Kyuhyun.

“Must be a cold, she’s sick!” exclaimed Ryeowook. “She shouldn’t be out in the rain, let’s take her-“

“Aniyo, don’t let me spoil your fun of investigating stuff like you wanted. I’ll take care of myself, you can run after Hyemi,” said Hye-Jin.

“Aniyo, Yesung hyung is going to get mad at us. Sungmin’s got his spotlight of being the hero today, our time will be next time,” said Kyuhyun.

“We’ll take care of you, we want to see our healthy noona, and a healthy baby,” said Ryeowook.

“Don’t say that-“

“You have got to stop being so courageous Hye-Jin, you can’t possibly always be strong for others,” said Kyuhyun.

“Fine. You guys are sweet,” said Hye-Jin hugging them.

Menawhile, Sungmin was running at the speed of lightning. He couldn’t see much through the rain, and Hyemi was becoming more transparent by the second.

“Hyemi!” shouted Sungmin. She kept running and then disappeared out of nowhere. Sungmin stopped running and panted. He looked everywhere behind him, in front, beside, but he couldn’t see Hyemi anywhere.

“Hyemi!” Sungmin called out to her. There was no response and no one came near him, like anyone would.

“Great, I lost her and I’m soaking wet. But I now know Yesung hyung saw her. Her figure wasn’t solid though. Then what was that thing? I know it was Hyemi, but…” muttered Sungmin. He went to the nearest building looking for shade.

“Annyeonghaseyo, would you like anything to eat?” asked a girl in a water’s uniform. Sungmin looked at her then moved back awkwardly.

“No thank you. I’m just here because of the rain,” replied Sungmin Then he realized he just entered a restaurant and everyone was eating while he was the only one standing up. He smiled which made the girl’s knee slightly shake.

“Alright, if you need anything call me over, okay?” said the girl.

“Okay,” said Sungmin. The girl looked back at him before she left to serve another customer while he just stared out the window. There was nothing to look at besides a traffic jam and a tree in a park, the only tree he could see.

Sungmin heard a small whisper behind his ear. He looked back but no one was close to him. He continued staring out the window until he felt someone touch his shoulder. He looked but no one was there.

“I think I’m going crazy…” mumbled Sungmin. Then he heard another whisper.

“Sungmin… Sungmin…” he could hear. He looked back once more then really thought his mind was playing tricks on him.

“I must be tired, and now I-ACHOO!” said Sungmin. He sneezed loudly which caught everyone’s attention.

“Sorry for disturbing you all,” he bowed. He put his hand to his forehead. He was burning hot.

“So, now I have a fe-ACHOO! A-A fever…” said Sungmin.

“Um… excuse me?” he heard behind his back. He ignored the voice, thinking the person wasn’t there.

“Excuse me?” the voice asked again. Then he felt a poke and looked back unknowingly and saw the waiter. He was frightened and bounced back.

“Wha-oh! S-Sorry,” said Sungmin shaking his head.

“So um…” said the girl, “… my name is Hye Sun and…”

Sungmin blanked out on her and kept nodding. He kept staring outside and was suddenly interested in that tree. Then he saw a small shadow beside it which caught his attention.

“So, is it a yes?” asked Hye Sun. Sungmin kept nodding until he realized she was still right next to him.

“Mhm… hm? Oh! What did you say?” asked Sungmin.

“I said, will you go out on a date with me?” asked Hye Sun. Sungmin was shocked and couldn’t reply.

“Ah… I-I-I… do you know that tree over there?” Sungmin asked changing the subject pointing to the tree.

“Oh, of course, they say that tree is where spirits leave to go to heaven,” said Hye Sun.

“Y-Y-Y-You m-m-mean…?” said Sungmin. “They… leave?”

“Neh,”said Hye Sun nodding. “Is there something wrong?”

“A-A-Aniyo…” said Sungmin stuttering.

“Are you sure?” asked Hye Sun.

“Of course, I’m sure I’m o-o-okay, haha,” said Sungmin smiling. “Uh, do you know more about that tree?”

“Well… I could tell you, but I’m busy at the moment and I can only talk for another moment… so how about a date and I’ll tell you everything,” said Hye Sun.

“Sure! Tell me everything you know about it!” said Sungmin.

“Great! Pick me up at 7 o’clock tonight, and this is my address,” said Hye Sun handing Sungmin a piece of paper. “Don’t be late~!”

“Alright, gomawo-wait…” said Sungmin. He waited until Hye Sun was somewhere else before talking to himself.

“I have a date with a girl I don’t know when I’m married?! Haneul is going to kill me if she finds out…” said Sungmin

“Yo Sungmin,” he heard behind him. He turned around and sighed.

“Kyuhyun! Ryeowook! Hye-ACHOO!!!” said Sungmin happily. “Hye-Jin!”

“Are you-ACHOO! Are you sick too?” asked Hye-Jin.

“You too?” asked Sungmin. The three nodded. “Well, did you find out anything?” asked Sungmin.

“Aniyo, we were taking care of Hye-Jin. But you know that tree?” asked Kyuhyun pointing to the tree Sungmin was interested in. Sungmin nodded. “When we walked by we saw a shadow near it, out of nowhere.”

“That’s what happened with me when I looked at it!”

“We need to know more about it… whatever that thing was, that ‘Hyemi’ couldn’t have been Hyemi, Hye-Jin walked right through it,” said Ryeowook.

“Oh, I’ll have all of the information about it by tonight,” said Sungmin sarcastically.

“How?” asked Kyuhyun.

“A date,” said Sungmin.

“Haneul knows nothing about this,” said Ryeowook.

“Oh, I’m not going on a date with Haneul, apparently someone who works here who knows everything about that tree,” said Sungmin.

“You’re cheating on your wife?!” asked Hye-Jin. She smacked him on the head. Ryeowook and Kyuhyun also smacked him.

“You know I didn’t exactly agree to it! I only said yes so I can find out what goes on with that tree!” said Sungmin. “And I didn’t even know it was a date until I got her stupid address! She blinded me, woman!”

“Well why don’t you tell her no?!” asked Hye-Jin.

“You want to find out what the heck goes on with that tree or not?! You know this could lead us to Hyemi!” said Sungmin. Everyone thought for a moment. Sighing, they all agreed.

“Fine, fine, fine. Go ahead and have ‘fun’ on your ‘date’,” said Kyuhyun.

“No one tells Haneul about this, because if I go down you’re coming down with me,” said Sungmin threateningly.

“Whatever. Then we’ll try keep Haneul distracted,” said Kyuhyun.

“Won’t that make it obvious though?” asked Hye-Jin.

“No way, say we’ll look after Kwangjoo with her,” said Kyuhyun.

“Sure, we’ll meet at 9 o’clock after the date, at the dorm,” instructed Sungmin.

“Yes sir…” muttered Kyuhyun sarcastically.

After Sungmin arrived home, soaking wet and sick he was already getting ready for the date. Haneul walked into the room after he got changed into a suit in their room. She coughed which caught his attention. She crossed her arms and Sungmin sensed that she was angry.

“Where were you today? For the whole day in the rain and not even bother calling or telling me that you couldn’t take care of Kwangjoo today so I had to call Yunae to take care of him while I was buying more stuff for Kwangjoo?” said Haneul.

“I-I-I can explain…” said Sungmin. “I was recording a new song, then on my way home I got wet in the rain and got sick and there was a traffic jam…”

“So it wasn’t something like chasing a ghost, was it?” asked Haneul in a serious tone.

‘Busted!’ thought Sungmin.

“Of course not, jagiya…” said Sungmin.

“So where are you going?” asked Haneul in an angry tone.

“… out,” said Sungmin.

“And is it such a special occasion that you wouldn’t tell me and you’d have to dress this fancy?”

 “Jagiya,” said Sungmin using aegyo, “what are you thinking? Where do you think I’m going?”

“I have absolutely no clue Sungmin. It seems like something I’m not invited to,” said Haneul. “What is it? A party? A ball? A date?”

“Alright… fine, I admit it, who told you?” asked Sungmin.

“When I got to the dorms there was something weird about Kyuhyun, hm… what sign could that be Sungmin? And the fact that they kept whispering around me? And didn’t include me in conversations? Can you tell me what this mystery is? Then when I ask what they keep talking about the run away from me. Then I found Kyuhyun, oppa is the best, he told me everything out of his own pure free will,” said Haneul.

“You mean ‘his own pure free will’ as in ‘I forced it out of him with a fake knife that looks real so he can tell me the truth’?” asked Sungmin. Haneul nodded.

“Now I can explain but you won’t believe me,” Sungmin said as Haneul walked up to him.

“At least tell why you’re on this stupid date? Are you actually cheating on your own wife like Kyuhyun said?” asked Haneul.

‘Pabo evil maknae!’ thought Sungmin.

“Uh, of course not Haneul, you know I wouldn’t do that,” said Sungmin as they sat down on the bed. “This is a really fake date, I don’t know the girl, I don’t even have any interest in her and all I need is to get information out of her.”

“So you’re using a girl?!” asked Haneul furiously.

“What?! Of course not!” said Sungmin.

“It sounds like it!”

“No way, I wouldn’t ever use a girl!”

“Don’t worry, I was just joking,” said Haneul laughing. “But next time, please tell me about this, arasso?”

“Arasso, bye,” said Sungmin giving Haneul a small peck on the cheek, walking out of the house and drove all the way to Hye Sun’s house. They drove to a restaurant and had dinner.

“So, are you going to tell me more stuff about that tree?” asked Sungmin.

“Why are you asking so much about that tree? It’s really nothing special,” said Hye Sun.

“I… like nature, I’m studying… biology,” said Sungmin. “So has there been anything strange going on with that tree?” asked Sungmin.

“Well… once my friend walked past it just a few days ago and she saw a shadow and she saw no one around the tree, but I don’t believe her,” said Hye Sun.

“Well, when did people start seeing the shadow?” asked Sungmin.

“I don’t know, it started around a few weeks ago,” said Hye Sun. “Also, a few weeks ago, I saw a girl hanging around that tree.”

“Jinjja?” Sungmin asked excitedly.

“Neh, she was crying under the tree. Then she disappeared, but I saw her again under the tree just today.”

“And that’s it?” asked Sungmin.

“Aniyo, there’s more to it. I tried talking to her because she was scaring everyone, and I thought she was the one responsible of the shadow.  I told her to stay away but she ignored me so I tried touching her but my hand just went right through hers! Her whole body wasn’t solid!” said Hye Sun.

“Interesting…” muttered Sungmin.

“I asked her what was wrong with her and why she isn’t normal, or if she was just a spirit. She shook her head and pointed to someone who looked exactly like her! She was crying, so I walked over to her and she was an actual person, thankfully,” said Hye Sun.

“No way, she was solid?!”

“Mhm! This time she was actually speaking!”

“Where was she?!” Sungmin asked standing up.

“She was sitting on the bench near the tree,” said Hye Sun. Sungmin was just about to walk away until he remembered he was still on a date. He turned to Hye Sun.

“Hye Sun-sshi, this was a really nice date, maybe we should go home now? It’s getting cold,” Sungmin said sweetly.

“Oh, okay then,” said Hye Sun. Sungmin drove her home and on the way it was quite awkward. When they arrived at Hye Sun’s house, Hye Sun got out of the care but Sungmin caught her wrist before she closed the door.

“Hye Sun-sshi, I know you’re a really sweet girl and we have so much we need to find out about each other, but I don’t think this relationship is going to work out,” said Sungmin.

“Yeah, I was thinking the same thing when you mentioned you were studying biology,” said Hye Sun, “did I mention I really hate nerds?”

“Okay,” Sungmin said slowly, “goodbye then.” Hye Sun waved goodbye and walked back into her house.

“Tuh, she thinks I’m a nerd… SHE THINKS I’M A STUPID NERD! A nerd is good in many subject besides sport, don’t I look like I’m good at sports?!” exclaimed Sungmin. “Wait, so does this mean we won’t ever see each other again? Well then that’s okay with me.”

He went to meet Kyuhyun, Ryeowook and Hye-Jin at the dorm.

“Ya! Kyuhyun!” Sungmin immediately shouted when he opened the dorm. Kyuhyun ran to him then stepped away when he saw Sungmin’s angry expression.

“Uh… Sungmin, annyeong!” said Kyuhyun. “Why are you so early?”

“YOU TOLD HANEUL, DIDN’T YOU?! She was going to kill me! KILL ME!” Sungmin shouted. “You do realize she was holding a FAKE knife when she was threatening to kill you?!”

“Are you serious!? She’s going to pay…”

“No, YOU ARE! You swore you wouldn’t tell! Then why would you!?” asked Sungmin.

“Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, guy! Guys! Sungmin! Did you get any information?” asked Hye-Jin.

“If I didn’t I would be here at 9:00, not now,” Sungmin said. Hye-Jin and Ryeowook sighed. Sungmin told them everything, so they immediately drove over to the tree. They searched everywhere around the tree but they didn’t find anyone, not even the ‘Hyemi’ that appeared earlier.

“Where is she?!” asked Ryeowook.

“There!” said Kyuhyun pointing to the transparent Hyemi. They ran to her and she backed away slowly.

“Hyemi ah, please, where’s the real Hyemi?” asked Hye-Jin. Hyemi shook her head stepping back.

“We don’t have time, we want Hyemi back,” said Kyuhyun.

“Wait,” said Sungmin pointing somewhere else. “There she is!” They ran over to a girl who was crying, sitting on a bench. She looked up and gasped.

“HYEMI!” everyone shouted.
--

I thought I said I’d never do cliff-hangers… but I just LOVE doing them!!!  ᄏᄏᄏᄏᄏᄏᄏᄏᄏᄏᄏᄏ

Comment!