Pranking Wars Part 1

Memories of Love

 

“Oppa, how are we going to tell them?” asked Haneul as Sungmin paced up and down his room.

“I don’t know, do you think they would understand?” replied Sungmin.

“Maybe… but we should tell them soon, shouldn’t we?”

“Uh… okay then… but since we’re now officially a couple-“

“Sungmin oppa, can you please stop worrying about it!” exclaimed Haneul. Sungmin stared at her in shock. “It’s making me worry about you.”

“Mianhae, I’m just afraid of what everyone will say, that’s all. You should know this, I love you no matter what so I will protect you, there’s no need to worry.”

“Uh….” said Kibum entering the room interrupting them. Both of them stared at him.

“Kibum how much of that did you hear?” asked Sungmin.

“All of it…” replied Kibum slowly. He smiled. “Don’t worry, I won’t tell until you’re ready to tell them.”

“Oh thank you Kibum-“

“SUNGMIN IS HANEUL’S BOYFRIEND!” shouted Kibum running to the Living Room immediately where all of the members were. He puffed and stood in front of all of the members and even caught Kyuhyun’s attention, who never took his eyes of the computer screen. “Haneul…. Sungmin, they’re together, a couple!” He left all of the members silent as Sungmin and Haneul rushed into the Living Room. There was an awkward silence.

“When did this happen?” asked Leeteuk breaking the silence.

“Just last night…” replied Sungmin.

“Congratulations dongsaeng! I’m finally happy that you’re finally happy!” exclaimed Kyuhyun hugging Haneul.

“Finally?” asked Haneul confused. “How could I finally be happy?”

“You were always sad, I could see it in your eyes,” replied Kyuhyun.

“So now everyone can see through my eyes?”

“Yes,” said Kyuhyun and looked deep into Haneul’s eyes, “and you also kissed last night.”

“What?!” exclaimed a few members standing up.

“You’re a terrible liar Haneul,” stated Kyuhyun. She glared at him and some members laughed. Haneul glanced over to Kangin who was texting someone on his phone. He looked at a few other members cautiously and then continued texting.

‘What’s he up to?’ thought Haneul. She decided to not bother.

“But what’s SooMan going to say?” asked Leeteuk.

“Oh no,” gasped Haneul and looked at Haneul with a scared and anxious face. He didn’t look back at her innocent face.

‘I know he’s going to beat Sungmin oppa up… he’s a scary man…’ thought Haneul.

“We’ll keep it a secret for a few days… then… we’ll meet up with him and tell him…. If that’s going to help…” said Sungmin.

“Okay… fine,” said Leeteuk and everyone went back to their schedules.

‘Meet me at the alleyway close by in 30 minutes, we need to talk...’ thought Kangin as he texted the message to a few members. He walked out of the room and started driving to the alleyway.

After waiting for 30 minutes he saw all the members he texted; Kibum, Hangeng, Yesung, Shindong, Heechul, Leeteuk and Siwon. Everyone started exchanging glances wondering why Kangin sent them over to this place.

“So… what do you think we should do?” asked Kangin.

“About what?” asked Kibum.

“About what? About Sungmin and Haneul of course. I don’t think Haneul should continue hanging around us, that’s my true opinion,” said Kangin. Everyone was surprised of Kangin.

“Is that what everyone’s considering about thinking is right?” asked Leeteuk. A few of them nodded.

“Why do you think that hyung?” asked Siwon to Kangin.

“Because, Haneul has been making Ryeowook and Sungmin fight ever since the day she came into our lives, do you know how much trouble that has caused?” questioned Kangin. “If they officially announce that Haneul and Sungmin is a couple you know how much bad publicity we’ll get? What will ELF say? And SooMan? Do you think he would agree to it straight away?”

“He’ll beat up Sungmin to break up with her if he has to,” stated Yesung.

“Obviously the other members still thinks she’s okay to be with us, that’s why I didn’t text them to come here. What do you guys say? We try and get them to break up or kick Sungmin out-“

“Kick Sungmin out?!” exclaimed Siwon. “Hyung how could you think we would ever do that to a member?!”

“Well either that or Haneul backs off of Sungmin and they break up.”

“So what are we going to do?” asked Shindong.

“Leader?” asked Kangin. All of them turned to Leeteuk as he thought of a solution. After a few moments he had no idea what to do.

“We’ll talk to Sungmin and we’ll see if he’ll break up with her, as well as the rest of the members. They’re also close to her so they’ll be involved in this sooner or later, might as well be sooner,” concluded Leeteuk.

“Alright, if it doesn’t work, instead of kicking Sungmin out, we’ll have to break them up, can we do that?” asked Heechul.

“Fine then, we’ll tell them, at least before they tell SooMan…” said Kangin and they returned to their schedules.

The next day after everyone was home from their schedules Leeteuk called everyone, except for Haneul, to go into the Living Room for a band meeting.

“Now… yesterday, Kibum, Siwon, Heechul, Hangeng, Yesung, Shindong, Kangin and I met up and agreed on something,” explained the leader, “we know that Eunhyuk, Donghae, Sungmin, Ryeowook, Kyuhyun are the closest with Haneul, so can you all go up to the front?” All of them did as they were ordered.

“We want her out,” said Kangin going straight to the point. “All of us agreed that we want Haneul out of here.”

“BWO?!!!!” exclaimed Kyuhyun and Sungmin while Ryeowook, Eunhyuk and Donghae were speechless. “WAE?!”

“Because… what do you think’s gonna happen after you announce that you and Haneul are an official couple?” questioned Kangin to Sungmin. “What’s everyone going to say?”

“Sungmin, we know you just officially became a couple with her but he’s right,” said Siwon.

“Bwo? You agree with him?” asked Sungmin. Anger was being filled up inside of him he was going to burst out shouting soon.

“All of us say she should go, she doesn’t belong here anymore,” said Shindong.

“How…? How? Wae? I don’t understand… you!” shouted Sungmin pointing at Heechul. “You! I thought you were the one who brought her here! Why do you suddenly think she’s just rubbish and should leave?!”

“I never said she was rubbish,” replied Heechul without any expression shown on his face.

“Answer!”

“Fine… I think she’s…. how should I put it? I think she’s… no longer needed here, and she needs to grow up on her own. We’ve already raised her to be such a selfish girl who won’t even leave her family-"

“WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!”

“I said-“

“I know what you said! No longer needed?! Grow up?! Selfish?! ARE YOU SAYING SHE’S A LITTLE KID OR SOMETHING?!” Sungmin finally exploded and couldn’t hold in anymore of his anger.

“Of course, she’s not growing up at all, she’s sticking to you guys and expecting things from us, she’s grown into that habit,” said Heechul standing up and walked over to Sungmin, “she needs to learn to not cause trouble anymore. And she needs to buzz off and not get into anyone’s business anymore, especially ours’.”

“WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THAT?!”

“You see, she’s making us fight. That’s exactly why and you haven’t noticed how bad the fights between you and Ryeowook are? They almost caused you two to quit because you were fighting over her. It almost broke you into pieces right?” questioned Heechul. Sungmin didn’t respond which made Heechul smirk.

“And your reason?!” asked Sungmin to Kibum.

“Everyone didn’t know this. Now I have to confess… when I first saw Haneul it was like love at first sight-“

“You were in love with her as well?” asked Kyuhyun.

“Neh, but too bad for me. She loved you and Ryeowook hyung, and she never took notice of me. So I just simply gave up, I don’t think it’s necessary for her to be here, I don’t want her here anymore.”

“Just because she didn’t love you?” asked Sungmin. He shot a glare at Kibum before continuing. “And? Yesung?”

“We’re not particularly close… and she’s someone I have no more interest in anymore,” replied Yesung.

“Hankyung?”

“… She’s absent-minded, she doesn’t notice how she acts in front of me. She treats me like garbage, and just like Kibum and Yesung, we’re not close neither does she take notice of me,” replied Hangeng.

“Well? What about you? ‘Leader’?” asked Sungmin. Leeteuk stayed silent and didn’t respond. “No explanation? You make your choice, let her stay or she’s gone?”

“… gone,” replied Leeteuk, “to be honest I never liked her, at all.” Sungmin glared at all of them, he left the room and bumped into Leeteuk’s shoulder leaving Leeteuk expressionless as well and starring out into space.

“What’s wrong with all of you?” asked Kyuhyun crossing his arms. “You’re not the hyungs I remember you being, why would you suddenly do this to her? Why would you do this to me? And Ryeowook? And Eunhyuk and Donghae? Do you expect us to just agree with you and kick her out straight away?”

“We never expected such a thing. Kyuhyun, you’re the youngest, and the closest to her besides Sungmin and Ryeowook. You act like an oppa to her, yet we wanted to see what you would do,” explained Kangin.

“Of course I’m not going to agree or talk to Sungmin or anyone about this! I’m on Sungmin’s side, nothing is going to change, and if anything does it’s not going to be Haneul leaving!”

“That’s enough Kyuhyun!” exclaimed Leeteuk. Kyuhyun was surprised to see his leader’s reaction. “Just...! Just….! Decide later!” he shouted and stormed into his room.

“He may decide later, but we are deciding now. Kyuhyun?”

“Of course you know the answer! NO!”

“So we couldn’t even convince one of them at all, then Plan B guys! Start in the morning!” announced Kangin. Kyuhyun, Ryeowook, Eunhyuk and Donghae were dumbstruck at their reactions.

‘They wouldn’t just agree to let her stay that easily, and it was a pretty stupid fight and a waste of time. Wait, Plan B… what are they planning to do? Just throw Haneul onto the streets or something?” thought Kyuhyun.

It was early in the morning and Kyuhyun was still up playing Starcraft. He finally got off when he finished the final stage and won and walked over to Haneul’s room. Her door was still wide open. He looked at Haneul who was still sleeping-but he didn’t see any of her belongings. He looked in her cupboards, wardrobe and closet, none of her clothes or anything was in their place.

He walked over to the window, the one that she smashed when she had amnesia. It was still not fixed. He looked at some people on the street across the road. He saw Kangin, Leeteuk, hindong, Hangeng, Heechul, Kibum, Siwon and Yesung. He spotted a suitcase and a bag-Haneul’s bag.

He widened his eyes and ran out into their front yard. He could see some of them smirking and waving but Leeteuk still had a serious face.

“YAH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH HANEUL’S STUFF?!” shouted Kyuhyun causing Sungmin to wake up. Sungmin quickly got up, got dressed and walked out into the front yard still half asleep.

“She’s going Kyuhyun! We’re forcing her to leave!” Kangin shouted back. Sungmin heard what he said and he was struck woken up straight away and looked at the guys with Haneul’s suitcase and bag.

“Leeteuk-ah! Is that your decision! Are you saying she’s officially leaving?!” shouted Sungmin half laughing. Leeteuk stared at Sungmin with a serious face.

“… She’s leaving, for real Sungmin. There’s nothing to laugh about, this is not a joke,” replied Leeteuk calmly. Sungmin’s laugh died straight away.

“BWO! ARE YOU SERIOUS?! WAE?! GET HER STUFF BACK INSIDE! NOW!” shouted Sungmin. Ryeowook, Eunhyuk and Donghae couldn’t take all of the noise so they got up and walked outside and realised straight away what the guys were doing.

“Are you serious? They’re actually going to force her to leave?” asked Ryeowook.

“Neh, and they’re acting stupid just trying. Go into Haneul’s room and lock her door, just jump out of her window, you’ll be alright. Then come back and we’ll see what they-“ Sungmin whispered but then saw Kangin waving a bunch of keys into the air. It was the house key, it could access any room.

“Now that’s useless.”

“Sungmin-ah! What are you going to do now?! Just give up! You lose!” shouted Kangin. “She leaves NOW!”

Sungmin fell onto his knees and started sobbing. Eunhyuk went to go and wake up Haneul. She had no reaction at all. She came out straight away. Sungmin stood up and hugged her.

“Is this the end? Are we really breaking up?” whispered Sungmin.

“Oppa… of course it’s not. Nothing’s going to happen, no one’s going to tear us apart,” replied Haneul teary-eyed.

“Haneul! Hurry up!” shouted Heechul but she ignored him and continued hugging Sungmin.

“Haneul… please don’t go, don’t leave me,” begged Sungmin.

“I’m not leaving, I won’t leave even if they drag me, I won’t leave your side.”

“Guys! We have three words to say! HIDDEN CAMERA PRANK!” shouted all of them. Leeteuk’s face finally lit up and he smiled with everyone else.

“Huh?” asked Sungmin and Haneul confused. They all rushed to Haneul with her suitcase and bag smiling and laughing.

“Yeah, prank. But we’re sorry,” explained Kangin.

“You’re going to be dead,” said Sungmin and Haneul. Kyuhyun, Ryeowook, Eunhyuk, Donghae, Haneul and Sungmin cried together.

“We just wanted to see Sungmin’s face when Haneul left, but then you two couldn’t stop hugging. He was crying even harder than when we were filming Goong T,” said Leeteuk.

“You’re such mean actors,” said Haneul hugging Sungmin again.

“We’re sorry, we feel guilty. Forgive us?” asked Leeteuk.

“After we prank you back,” said Haneul forcing herself to choke out those words since she was crying so hard.

“Okay then, we’re sorry. Group hug!” shouted Kangin as everyone hugged the couple and they continued crying. A few cameras were surrounding the group and they began asking questions.

“Sungmin, why can’t you stop crying?” asked a cameraman.

“Because… it felt so real,” he said then continued crying.

“I’m so touched by their tears, I feel really sorry and guilty,” apologized Kibum, “but don’t blame me, I’m a good actor. Although I was going to laugh when Leeteuk hyung stormed into his room last night. I had no idea what he was doing.”

“It’s because the pressure was all on me, you know?” asked Leeteuk.

“Okay then, Haneul forgives us!” shouted Heechul.

“No I don’t I haven’t pranked you back yet!” she shouted.

“But, after that you forgive us, right?”

“Only if you’ll be as worried to death as I was,” she replied devilish.

“Okay then! She forgives us!” concluded Heechul.