Oppa's going to the army!

Memories of Love

@alexpop I know, it’s confusing, lol, and it hurts my fingers to be going everywhere around the keyboard, usually I just type with my first three fingers, haha
@LuvvKyuWook Yeah, purple bedroom is my favourite too
@AvyA7X It’s good to be happy
@kaitlyntheillestt Cute and pretty is what Sungmin would’ve wanted anyway

By the way, all of the bedrooms and one of the playrooms are upstairs and the rest are downstairs. (Two-story house!)
--

2011, October 13, 4:00 am

Baby Kwangjoo cried in the middle of the night. He cried nonstop, as if he only wanted attention, but really he just wanted milk. Haneul lazily got out of bed, got out a bottle of milk and fed it to her baby. She slightly rocked him up and down and waited for him to finish the milk and couldn’t help but smile at Kwangjoo’s cute face.

“Ya, stop using aegyo on me, you’re not going to get more milk,” said Haneul. Kwangjoo finished the bottle in 5 minutes. “How could such a small baby drink so much milk in so little time?” Haneul asked herself. Then she burped him and put him back in his cot.

A few hours later Haneul was already up and going for the day organizing all of the ‘non-minor things’ that Sungmin didn’t organize for the wedding. Sungmin walked out of the bedroom and saw Haneul scribbling on different pieces of paper in the Living Room. Although he was half asleep he thought, ‘I have such a hard-working wife, she’s not lucky, I am.’ He went back to the bedroom and saw Kwangjoo waking up. He saw his daddy and giggled.

“Ah, appa’s here,” said Sungmin carrying Kwangjoo into his arms, “I heard umma last night, are you already using aegyo on her? Good job. Wait, did you just giggle?” He didn’t reply, just looked up at his daddy with innocent eyes. “It’s not even a week and you’re giggling? You sure learn fast, maybe umma taught you because she laughs too much.” He walked out of the room and gave the baby to Haneul interrupting her concentration and lost her big idea. “Have you already ate?” asked Sungmin.

“Neh, and you made me lose my idea for the wedding, but it’s okay since you brought Kwangjoo,” replied Haneul.

“So if I bring Kwangjoo with me then you won’t mind?”

“Maybe…”

“Then Kwangjoo’s going to be with me whenever you’re serious or angry, I have a back-up plan now!”

“Don’t get any ideas,” said Haneul while Sungmin brought out the baby food for Kwangjoo and made breakfast for himself. Suddenly they heard the door burst open.

“Haneul unnie! Where are-wow, this place is big!” they heard a girl’s voice echoing. They walked over to see who it was then Haneul immediately gave the baby to Sungmin and hugged the girl who just noisily came in.

“Ha Ni! I missed you so so much! When’d you come to Seoul?” asked Haneul.

“A few hours ago but I haven’t told Heechul oppa yet, don’t tell him. I want it to be a surprise,” replied Ha Ni.

“Uh, ladies, am I the only one, besides Kwangjoo, who doesn’t know what’s going on here?” asked Sungmin.

“Oh, oppa, this is Ha Ni, when I travelled to KangWoonDo where Heechul lived as a child I met Ha Ni. She told me she was Heechul oppa’s childhood friend, but she didn’t know much about him since he was already a trainee when she was still quite young. I asked Heechul oppa about her and he still remembers her,” Haneul explained.

“Nice to meet you Ha Ni, Lee Sungmin imnida. I’m Haneul’s husband,” said Sungmin shaking Ha Ni’s hand.

“Keure, nice to meet you too, Geum Ha Ni imnida. Did you just say husband?” asked Ha Ni and he nodded in reply. “What? You’re so young Haneul unnie! You should tell me more stuff you’re up to more often.”

“Mianhae, but I’ve been busy with wedding plans, and I didn’t even know you were coming.”

“Ha Ni have you eaten yet?” asked Sungmin.

“Ani, I was too excited,” replied Ha Ni and then her stomach rumbled.

“Right, I’ll make you breakfast.”

“I’ll call Chullie oppa, you make yourself at home,” said Haneul and immediately dialled Heechul’s number.

“So how old are you?” asked Sungmin.

“Eighteen,” replied Ha Ni.

“Wow, so young.”

“And you’re so old,” Ha Ni said teasingly.

“Yeah, I know, and what about Heechul hyung?”

“He looks younger than you though.”

“Bwo?”

“Just kidding, you both look young, just your age is old. And your reflex ages aren’t that old,” said Ha Ni.

“Jagiya! Ha Ni! Heechul’s here!” shouted Haneul. They waited near the door and Heechul came in. He immediately fixed his eyes on Ha Ni.

“Ha Ni!” he shouted.

“Heechul oppa!” Ha Ni shouted and they hugged each other tightly.

“When did you come? Why didn’t you tell me?” asked Heechul.

“I wanted it to be a surprise. I missed you Chullie oppa!”

“I missed you too Ha Ni! Finally one of my friends come to visit me!!!”

“What a sweet reunion. Come on guys, let’s eat, I made breakfast for everyone,” said Sungmin leading them to the kitchen. There were three bowls of kimchi ramyeon on the table a small bowl of baby food for Kwangjoo.

“Ramyeon! I haven’t had that in a long time!” exclaimed Ha Ni.

“Let’s enjoy it together,” said Heechul.

‘They like each other, I know it,’ thought Haneul. Haneul fed Kwangjoo the baby food and everyone finished their breakfast.

“Can we show Ha Ni around the house?” asked Heechul.

“Sure, don’t get lost though, if you do just ring the bell, it’s in every room,” instructed Sungmin.

“Arasso, let’s go Ha Ni, there’s a perfect room that I would love to show you,” said Heechul.

“If it is, I want to move into this house,” said Ha Ni and Heechul grabbed her hand and they ran to a room.

“They’re just like little kids. Imagine when Kwangjoo would grow older,” said Sungmin.

“Yeah, teach him to have manners,” said Haneul scribbling it down on her to-do-list-for-when-Kwangjoo-is-a-toddler-to-a-teen list.

“Jagiya, do you think we’ll have another baby?” asked Sungmin.

“Hopefully not until a few more years, if we do, how many more?”

“Maybe… three?”

“M-“ They heard a bell sound.

“Ya! Guys! We’re lost!” they heard Heechul shout. Haneul and Sungmin quietly giggled then Sungmin went to go find them.

 

2011, November 14, 11:00 am

The wedding was coming closer, Haneul was worried and running around the city to find people, writing invitations etc. and she would always come home with Kwangjoo, hand him to Sungmin and collapse onto the couch.

“The wedding’s in one month. God! I haven’t even tried on any wedding dresses yet!” said Haneul and scolded herself. Sungmin looked at her weirdly.

“J-Jagiya! It’s okay, the wedding is going to be perfect, we’ll go tomorrow to find one,” said Sungmin calming his wife down, “arasso?”

“Arasso-“ They heard the door open and Ha Ni came bursting into the house and ran immediately to Haneul with tears flowing down her cheeks.

“Haneul unnie! Heechul oppa! He… He…” Ha Ni broke down crying.

“Ha Ni, what’s wrong? Wait, we’ll go to my room, Sungmin, you take care of Kwangjoo and I’ll comfort Ha Ni,” instructed Haneul and led Ha Ni to her and Sungmin’s room. Haneul got a box of tissues and handed it to Ha Ni who was continuously crying. She even grabbed a big teddy bear for Ha Ni to cuddle. “Calm down, take deep breathes. Tell me what’s wrong.”

“Heechul oppa… he’s going to the army soon.”

“When?”

“After Christmas. He’s going to leave me…. I’ve only been with him for one month after 12 years. How could he do this?”

“It’s what men must do after they turn 21. He’s already 28. Cheer up, two years isn’t a long time, if you think it is then spend all of your last moment with him. Make them all worth it for not seeing him for two years then you’ll be able to see him again and you’ll make more memorable memories and spend time with him again,” said Haneul hugging Ha Ni and comforting her.

“What if… I’m in love with him?” asked Ha Ni.

“If you’re truly in love with him, you would let him go for a while, not too much, and not too little. If you’re truly in love with him, you’ll agree with what he think is right. If you’re truly in love with him, you will tell him and he might even love you as well. Then you will know how great it feels to finally know and express how you feel about him.”

“What do you mean by express how I feel?”

“It means if that you will both truthfully love each other and to the both of you it won’t matter who cares.”

“Do you think he loves me? Because, I’m not sure if he does so I wrote a small song about how I felt. It’s about the riddle I want to solve to know if I love him, and if he loves me,” said Ha Ni wiping he tears, reaching into her pocket and got out a piece of paper with the lyrics. “You can still sing, right?”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” asked Haneul.

“Nothing, nothing. Can you sing it to me?” asked Ha Ni resting her head in Haneul’s lap.

“Alright.”

“Wait, you know English right? I like English, sing it in English.”

“Okay…”

“Wait, let Sungmin hear it.”

“But-“

“Sungmin oppa! Can you come up here for a minute?!” Ha Ni shouted loud enough for her voice to be echoed around the whole neighbourhood – if there was one.

“What? Where? When? Why? Who?” asked Sungmin rushing into the room.

“Haneul unnie is going to sing a song in English. I want you to hear it.”

“Jinja? Okay, I’ll get Kwangjoo, I want him to listen as well,” said Sungmin running out of the room and came back with Kwangjoo. Haneul started singing and Sungmin, Ha Ni and Kwangjoo (with the help of Sungmin) clapped along to the song.

I always find myself picking the petals of a flower
To solve the riddle that you made me rethink about
Is our love true?
Or is it just sibling love?

Because you don’t treat me like the other girls
You always watch my back
When I break down crying on the ground you’re always there with my favourite toy
It’s like I don’t know, you don’t know, we don’t know-

“And that’s it, I can’t read your messy writing,” said Haneul.

“Aw, but it was getting good! Ya, did you say my writing was messy?!” asked Ha Ni outraged.

“Don’t worry about it,” replied Haneul rolling her eyes.

“You should make your debut in the US sometime. It sounds good,” praised Sungmin.

“Gomawo, you okay now Ha Ni?” asked Haneul.

“Neh, gomawo unnie! I’ll tell Heechul oppa that I love him. Bye!” Ha Ni waved good bye and left the house. They began making lunch and they heard the door open again.

“Hyung! I’m here! Can I play with Kwangjoo?” they heard someone shout from the door. They walked over to see Donghae at the door.

“Oh, Donghae, sure, you can keep Kwangjoo company,” said Sungmin, “have you ate lunch? Want us to make some?”

“Yes please! Kwangjoo!” called out Donghae and held Kwangjoo and played with him while Sungmin and Haneul made lunch. “I’m Uncle Donghae. You can call me Uncle Fishy. Your umma and appa are lucky, I want to become an appa,” said Donghae as Kwangjoo just stared at him. Donghae picked him up and started swinging him around the room. “I hope when you grow older we’ll be close, we can play Xbox 360 together, PlayStation 3 and Football. Don’t be unmanly like your appa.”

“I heard that!” shouted Sungmin.

“Mianhae hyung!” Dongahe shouted back. “But it’s true!”

“My cuteness is natural and I have muscles unlike you!”

“Then why do you have so much pink in your wardrobe?”

“You said you would respect me having pink as my favourite colour! You’re lucky I’m not going to wear pink on special occasions!”

“Okay then!” ‘Thank god,’ thought Donghae.
--

New character! Two new characters coming in the next chapter which might come out during this week or the next. Comment!