Are You Scared? Is That It?

Memories of Love

 

There was a long silence. Sungmin slowly sank back into bed and Leeteuk sighed knowing it was useless trying to get him out of bed again so he left the room.

“Sungmin hyung, don’t you want to see her again?”  asked Kyuhyun.

“I know, I do… but I don’t know why I’m still afraid,” replied Sungmin.

“Well, maybe you’re scared she might forget you again, or maybe she’ll reject you again?”

“I don’t know… maybe…” The small talk between them was getting awkward.

“Come on then, want to go and have a few drinks?” asked Kyuhyun. Sungmin agreed and finally got out of bed. They went to a pub and ordered a bottle of soju.

“I think, maybe I’m just jealous,” said Sungmin slowly.

“Why?” asked Kyuhyun.

“Because… she was Ryeowook’s girlfriend, and you were so close to her. It felt like I was being pulled away, or she was pushing me further away from her.” He smirked and drank the soju in one gulp.

“You know you’re her closest friend?”

“… No, I never thought she would think of me like that, not since she was Ryeowook’s girlfriend. Now my life is ruined.”

“How?”

“I let her reject me, I let her get into that car crash, and I let Ryeowook break her heart. Then I let her go crazy and now she has amnesia, I shouldn’t have let her be left alone all the time.”

“It’s not your fault, you know that.”

“No, it is, I didn’t protect her. I let her slip through my hands,” said Sungmin sheepishly grinning and then gulping down another cup of soju. “She chose him over me, she made the wrong decision.”

“She didn’t, do you even know what you’re talking about?” asked Kyuhyun looking deeper into his hyung’s eyes. The aegyo king smirked. “I guess not then, wait what? You’re already drunk? We haven’t even drunk the whole bottle yet, how could you-?” He looked at a drowsy Sungmin sleeping on the counter. He smirked and chuckled to himself and continued drinking the rest of the soju.

‘That’s how I got the name evil maknae and EvilKyu, kekeke…’ thought Kyuhyun.

He ended up having to drag Sungmin back to the dorms. Leeteuk looked at Sungmin with a concerned look.

“Kyuhyun, what’d you do to him?” asked Leeteuk amazed at how much they stank of alcohol.

“Teukkie hyung, can I keep skipping my schedules?” asked Sungmin smiling like a goofball.

“What? No. Kyuhyun, do something about him, and do I have to keep asking you to stop drinking at unnecessary times?”

“But! Fine…” replied Kyuhyun but then smirked when he turned away.

“Now get to bed.”

“Wait…” said Sungmin walking drowsily towards Ryeowook’s room.

“They’re gonna fight again, Sungmin!” shouted Kyuhyun. “Don’t you dare step in that room!” He shouted pointing to the door.

“Shut up! Don’t bother us!” Sungmin shouted back. He stepped inside Ryeowook’s room while Ryeowook was on the internet. “You!”

“What hyung?” asked Ryeowook standing up immediately almost frightened.

“You, do you think you ever deserved her?” asked Sungmin as Kyuhyun and Leeteuk came up to the room as well. “Did you ever think she would be heartbroken when you broke up with her?”

“Neh… but-“

“Yes? Then why the hell did you even do it in the first place?! I even treat her better than you did. Ah, I see, you didn’t think she would be like this? So you think you’re better than me? Well you’re not! If you knew that then why did she choose you over me?!” Sungmin scolded Ryeowook as the younger sensitive boy just stood frozen looking into Sungmin’s eyes. “Do you even think of how sincere you were when you promised her that you’ll be by her side?” asked Sungmin as both of them started tearing up.

“Sungmin ah, don’t do this-“

“Did you mean what you said?! I still don’t understand Ryeowook! How could she think that she could trust you more than me?! Why?! If I were you I would’ve protected her with my life, but you… you left her alone, you abandoned her and she ended up how she is now.” Ryeowook looked at Kyuhyun.

“Has he been drinking?” asked Ryeowook.

“Neh,” replied Kyuhyun. Ryeowook got a bottle from his cupboard and looked at Sungmin in the eyes while gripping the bottle tightly.

“This always helps me to wake up whenever I’m drunk,” stated Ryeowook. He walked up to Sungmin so that they’re faces were inches away. They glared at each other. Ryeowook lifted the bottle and wacked it on Sungmin’s head. The bottle broke into pieces and Sungmin fell to the ground.

Kyuhyun ran up to Ryeowook and held him tightly so he wouldn’t do anything else. Leeteuk checked if Sungmin was okay. Sungmin held the spot Ryeowook hit him and looked at his hand covered in blood. He looked up at Ryeowook and stood up.

“Well then, this always wacks the stupidity out of me,” said Sungmin as he got another bottle from the same cupboard and threw the bottle in Ryeowook’s face. Kyuhyun’s jaw dropped to see that Ryeowook was bleeding. Some members came into the room and saw the two boys all covered in blood.

“Sungmin stop it!” exclaimed Leeteuk pulling Sungmin.

“Then why don’t you do that to yourself?! Huh?! You’re the one acting stupid now!” shouted Ryeowook.

“Tch, you think I would be stupid enough to let her go like you did?” asked Sungmin.

“Hyung! WHAT is going on?!” asked Eunhyuk to Leeteuk.

“I have no idea, but it looks like they’re fighting,” said Leeteuk sarcastically.

“But WHY?!” asked Eunhyuk.

“Over Haneul, why else?!”

“Everyone just get out and let us fight!” shouted Sungmin.

“Then why don’t you leave me to what I was doing?” asked Ryeowook punching Sungmin in the face.

“Oh, now they’re literally going crazy,” said Donghae.

“Wait, didn’t Ryeowook break up with Haneul, why is he still fighting for her?” asked Heechul.

“Sungmin started it, maybe Ryeowook just likes to play along…?” said Kyuhyun.

“What? Oh that makes sense, doesn’t it?” asked Eunhyuk sarcastically.

“No it doesn’t,” said Donghae.

“I know that!” exclaimed Eunhyuk. Sungmin and Ryeowook continued fighting while Leeteuk and Kyuhyun tried stopping them.

“Guys, this is really ridiculous!” shouted Siwon over the top of everyone and tried pulling them apart.

“You liar!” cried Sungmin.

“You over exaggerate, when are you going to grow up?!” exclaimed Ryeowook.

“At least it’s not my fault she’s got amnesia, now is it?”

“Just shut up!”

“This is getting out of control, I’m going in,” said Kangin.

“Good luck buddy,” said Eunhyuk patting Kangin’s back. Kangin looked at him and Eunhyuk stepped out of his way. “Sorry,” he said. Kangin pulled Sungmin away from Ryeowook and threw him on the bed. With his amazing strength Ryeowook backed away and hid behind Kyuhyun.

“Guys, you’re acting like little kids, grow up and work it out!” shouted Kangin and left the room. The two boys shot intense glares at each other.

The next day Kyuhyun was sitting by Sungmin’s bed, and again he wouldn’t get out.

“Come on hyung, aren’t you going to visit her?” asked Kyuhyun bouncing on the bed. “She wants to see you, don’t you care?”

“Yeah, I do, but she won’t even remember. I know she won’t.”

“Fine, your only and next visit to her will be in a few months before she’s released from the hospital, unless you go now.”

“Whatever, just leave me alone, I’d rather visit her when she’s released from the hospital.”

“Are you scared just by seeing her? How do you know what’s she’s thinking?” Sungmin shot a glare at Kyuhyun. “Okay then, visit her whenever you like,” he said backing away, “at least get up for your schedule.”

“Fine-but you’re not driving me to my schedules.”

After that, Sungmin got over the whole accident. Well, looked like it anyway but it still hurt him inside. He made up with Ryeowook and tried not talking or worrying about Haneul. It had been a few months already.

“Kyuhyun, is Haneul released from the hospital yet?” asked Sungmin to Kyuhyun who was driving.

“I think so, wait a minute is that… is that Haneul walking on the road?” asked Kyuhyun looking closer at a girl walking passed cars.

“It is-she’s gonna get hurt,” said Sungmin quickly unbuckling his seatbelt and got out of the car. Kyuhyun kept his focus on the girl. He shook his head and looked out the window. He saw a car driving towards them and widened his eyes.

“Watch out! Save her!” Kyuhyun shouted quickly. Sungmin quickly ran to the girl in hopes of saving her. The girl looked at the car coming at her, she tried running but her legs were frozen and she couldn't move.

“No! Haneul!”

**

Do I use cliffhangers too often? XD Ah well, comment!

Also, the poster's coming soon!