I saw Hyemi... I know I did

Memories of Love

@epik_perfection I’ll try updating ASAP
@chaeyeon everyone’s so curious XD
@tina_luvs_music Silly, stinky, fishy Donghae! XD
@alexpop me too, no one likes a rude selfish girl, but she does have a reason: her past
@CreateTheSound Oh yeah, I remember Christmas, snowball fight was epic. MANY TWISTS! WAIT FOR MORE! Thank you, I try keep everyone in character. Good, you’re learning! And now you’ve finally worked out how to subscribe, get ready for another three adventures!

Thanks to school, I can only update around twice a week T_T

Wait, so it’s Sungmin, Ryeowook, Kyuhyun, Kangin, Hye-Jin, Hyemi and Yesung’s mystery, sorry just had to remind myself. And maybe both Haneuls and Yunae might meddle with this mystery as well ^^

OMG! I FORGOT! Okay, VERY IMPORTANT! Please read this, but Jaehyun is pregnant and I forgot to mention it (ever since February 24)! Wow! Okay, just imagine you already knew… ==" And if any of you weren't aware, Hye-Jin's already 7 months pregnant, anyway, onto the story
 --

2012, June 5, 3:00 pm

It was almost sunset and Yesung hadn’t found Hye-Jin yet. He was searching for almost three hours around the city. Then he thought of one place she would be. He ran through tons of parks, and towards an old abandoned apartment. He lived in it with Hye-Jin before he moved into the dorms before debut with Super Junior.

“She’s gotta be here,” muttered Yesung walking towards the apartment. He looked to his right and left making sure no one was looking before he entered through the broken beat-up door.

He walked in. All there was to look at was dry blood, lots of dust and broken glass. He didn’t want to remember the painful memories, so he tried not to look at the blood-stained objects.

As he walked further in he saw a dusty picture frame. The glass was covered with thick dust, and it took quite a bit of effort to brush it all off. After he dusted the dust he could see a clear picture through the glass. He smiled and was tearing up.

The picture he was holding was the last one he took before graduation, and before Hye-Jin ran away. He kept it in his hand and walked further in.

He walked into a room with a few posters hanging on the walls all ripped in half, broken lamps and a light bulb smashed into pieces. This was Hye-Jin’s room. The room which her parents forced her out of, and left Yesung living on his own. He clenched his fist and pulled back his tears.

He walked into every other room, but Hye-Jin wasn’t there.

“Where is she?!” asked Yesung. He punched a wall and made a hole through it. He left the abandoned apartment, going through it was just a waste of time, but the apartment meant so much to him.

But there was one place left to find her. He ran across another lot of parks and buildings. She finally found her, standing like a statue.

“Hye-Jin ah! Where were you?! Why did you say we don’t know-“ asked Yesung but then he realized she wasn’t even listening. She was staring filled with tears, looking at something behind him. He turned around and saw an old beat-up tree that looked like it was on its last branch.

“What is this?” asked Yesung.

“It’s the tree, the tree we used to hang out at,” said Hye-Jin. “It’s… ruined…”

Yesung finally remembered what she was talking about. This tree held their memories. They were there almost every second of the day. They’d do homework together, play around together and had their first kiss there together.

Now… all of the memories were lost. He dropped the picture frame onto the ground and it landed softly. He stared at the tree like Hye-Jin. He walked closer to it, then dropped to his knees.  He hit the ground and cried, knowing it was useless.

A few drops of water landed on Hye-Jin’s face. She looked up at the grey sky, and it immediately started raining heavily as if right timing. A storm.

“WAE?!” cried Yesung. “WAE?!”

This was the last of their memories, crying together.

 “Yesung!” shouted Hyemi running to him standing beside Hye-Jin. Hye-Jin looked as if she couldn’t hear her.

“Hyemi,” muttered Yesung. Hyemi stared at him.

“Ya, come on, you’re going to catch a cold,” said Hyemi. Just then, the storm stopped abruptly and the clouds cleared out. The blue sky was clear of clouds and a rainbow shone through it. Then her figure started becoming more transparent.

“Hyemi?” said Yesung. Hye-jin looked at him weirdly.

“What are you talking about?” asked Hye-Jin. “Hyemi’s not here.” Yesung was speechless. He pointed behind her at Hyemi. Hye-Jin looked back, but she saw no one.

 Don’t fool around Jong-woon, Hyemi is not here, is there something wrong with you?” asked Hye-Jin.

“B-B-But…” said Yesung, “… sh-sh-she’s r-r-r-r-“

“Is there really something wrong?” asked Hye-Jin. Yesung kept staring at the transparent Hyemi. She started fading more and more as she started stepping away from him.

“Wait!” cried Yesung.

“Mianhae, I don’t want to see you again,” said Hyemi and ran away.

“Hye-!”

“Yesung! Stop talking nonsense!” exclaimed Hye-Jin. “What’s wrong with you?! Are you seeing things?” Yesung ran after the fading Hyemi and Hye-Jin ran after him.

“Hyemi! Hyemi!” shouted Yesung. Hyemi was disappearing faster and he could only see the light outline of her body. He tried reaching for her arm but his hand went right through it. She looked back with tearful eyes then disappeared.

“WAIT! HYEMI!” shouted Yesung then tripped. He landed on the floor as if he hit a boulder. Hye-Jin ran to his side and saw blood staining his sleeves.

“Jong-woon!” exclaimed Hye-Jin. She checked his elbow and the skin was ripped. “Are you crazy?! What were you thinking?!”

“But… Hyemi-“

“For the last time Jong-woon ah! Hyemi isn’t here and she never was! She ran away!” said Hye-Jin.

“She was… she… she…-“ said Yesung then everything started to become blurry. He didn’t have any energy left then everything went black.

“Oppa!” he heard Hye-Jin scream.

“Guys!” Hye-Jin called out to the others. She walked in the dorm with Yesung around her shoulder. Everyone ran to her and immediately helped her carry Yesung.

“What happened?” gasped Sookyung.

“I don’t know exactly,” said Hye-Jin.

“What happened to his elbow?” asked Eunhyuk setting Yesung down on the couch.

“He tripped… really hard surface,” said Hye-Jin.

“Did you… find… Hyemi?” asked Ha Ni.

“No…” replied Hye-Jin sadly.

“What must’ve happened to her?” said Kyuhyun.

“… I don’t know…” said Hye-Jin. “Give me some bandages, neosporin, anti-bacterial wipes, water and soap,” ordered Hye-Jin.

“Yes ma’am,” the boys said then went off to find the things.

“Can we help?” asked Ha Ni with the girls.

“No need, I need to handle things on my own. Besides, this is my husband, soon we’ll be living on our own, need to take care of him on my own,” said Hye-Jin smiling hiding the pain.

“Alright, will you be okay?” asked Hae Sun.

“Of course,” said Hye-Jin. “Do not worry about me. Yesung will be alright by tomorrow morning.”

“Okay, we’ll be in the next room if you need us,” said Jaehyun. The girls left and the boys came back with everything she needed.

“Gomawo, you may go, I’ll take care of him for the night,” said Hye-Jin.

“But noona, he’s our hyung, we can’t just leave him,” pouted Ryeowook. He sat beside her and made a puppy dog face. She laughed and ruffled his hair.

“Cute, I know how your hyung is important to you, but I didn’t take biology, chemistry, psychology and physics for nothing,” said Hye-Jin. Everyone was surprised.

“You could’ve become a doctor!” said Donghae.

“Neh…” said Hye-Jin sadly.

“Then what happened?” asked Kibum.

“Nothing, really…” said Hye-Jin hiding her tears.

“Alright, then call us right away if something happens,” said Hangeng. They all left Hye-Jin and Yesung together in the Living Room. Then a moment later, Haneul poked her head through the doorway.

“Er, Hye-Jin unnie,” said Haneul.

“Neh?” asked Hye-Jin. Haneul sighed and sat down next to Hye-Jin.

“Did you trip or anything?” asked Haneul.

“Aniyo, wae?”

“Unnie! Did you forget you are pregnant? I’m concerned! I’m worried!” said Haneul. “Running is too much when you’re already 7 months pregnant! The baby’s coming next month!”

“Arasso, arasso, I won’t run anymore, don’t worry,” Hye-Jin said to the pouting Haneul. She wiped the hair out of Haneul’s face. “You are just like your husband when you pout (you should know which Haneul I’m talking about now). Look, I’m absolutely 100% alright.”

“Arasso, but just please be careful next time unnie,” Haneul said then left.

“Aish, children these days,” said Hye-Jin and sighed.  She sat on the floor and started treating Yesung’s scraped elbow. She washed it with water and soap then wiped it with anti-bacterial wipes. Then spread Neosporin on it and covered it with a bandage.

She sat on the couch next to Yesung and laid his head in her lap. She gently his cheeks and smiled. Yesung’s eyes suddenly fluttered open.

“H-H-Hye-Jin ah,” whispered Yesung. Hye-Jin sighed in relief.

“Oppa,” said Hye-Jin. “What were you thinking?”

“I saw… Hyemi,” said Yesung.

“No you didn’t, you must’ve been seeing things, Hyemi was never with us.”

“Aniyo, I saw Hyemi, I know I did.”

“Well, I was chasing after you and you were chasing no one.”

“I really did, honestly.”

“Please stop Jong-woon. I saw no one.”

‘She’s right... Hyemi was fading away by the minute… then she disappeared out of nowhere…’ thought Yesung. ‘Then what was that thing?’

“Alright. What else happened?”

“You didn’t remember anything before you fell unconscious?” asked Hye-Jin. Yesung shook his head slowly.

“Everything was blurry…”

“Well, I ran after you while I’m 7 months pregnant,” said Hye-Jin. “Then you tripped, fell really hard onto the hard ground, scraped your arm and I had to carry you all the way home.”

Yesung looked at his scraped elbow, now covered with a bandage. It stung and he laid his arm on his stomach.

“How come you did that?” asked Yesung. Hye-Jin smacked him on the head.

“I’m your wife, you don’t think I’d take care of you?!” exclaimed Hye-Jin. “You think I don’t care?!”

“Hahaha, I was joking,” Yesung said laughing. He touched her cheek and it with his good arm. “Gomawo. Saranghae.”

“Saranghae,” said Hye-Jin. They smiled then Yesung turned to his side and fell asleep. Hye-Jin fell asleep too.

 

2012, June 25, 11:00 am

Ryeowook, Kyuhyun and Sungmin were in the same room, thinking of the same thing.

“What must’ve happened to Yesung, Hye-Jin, Kangin and Hyemi?” asked Kyuhyun.

“We don’t know the full story yet,” said Sungmin.

“Remember when Yesung hyung tripped and scraped his arm? I overheard his conversation with Hye-Jin noona when he woke up. He said he saw Hyemi, but Hye-Jin noona refused to believe it,” said Ryeowook.

“Do you actually think he was that close to seeing Hyemi? Remember, she ran away, no one knows where she is anymore,” said Kyuhyun.

“Then what did he see?” asked Ryeowook.

“We’ll have to ask Hye-Jin where he saw it,” said Sungmin.

“But, Hye-Jin noona doesn’t believe that Yesung saw anything. She would never tell us because she’ll think we’re up to something!” said Ryeowook.

“Then we’ll see if she wants us to solve this problem or not,” said Sungmin getting up and walking to Hye-Jin and Yesung’s room.

“Wait, Sungmin!” said Kyuhyun stopping Sungmin from opening the door. “What if they want to solve the problem themselves?”

“No matter what, we’re helping them, they can’t honestly keep their whole childhood a secret, can they? Neither can they keep what’s locked up inside themselves,” said Sungmin then reached for the door handle until someone caught his wrist. He looked up and it was Ryeowook.

“Hyung, we can’t disturb them, what if their childhood was bad? What if they can’t share their feelings with us?” asked Ryeowook. “What if Yesung hyung saw nothing?”

“He must have!” said Sungmin.

“But it’ll be a waste of time if Yesung saw nothing,” said Kyuhyun. “Think of all of the possibilities, what if it was Yesung’s imagination?”

“Look, do you want to solve this problem or not?” asked Sungmin. “This mystery is not making life better for Hyemi, Hye-Jin or Yesung.” Ryeowook and Kyuhyun glanced at each other before they let Sungmin through. “Thank you!”

Sungmin open the door so forcefully that it hit the wall and swung back a little. They walked in to see Yesung and Hye-Jin shocked of their entrance.

“Why’d you-?!” asked Yesung then Sungmin cut him off.

“We’re borrowing Hye-Jin for a few hours, is that okay?” asked Sungmin. “Yes? Good,” said Sungmin pulling Hye-Jin.

“Wow! Wait a minute! Wae?!” asked Yesung. Ryeowook, Kyuhyun and Sungmin glanced at each other then back at him.

“Mmm…. Lunch?” said Kyuhyun.

“Meeting?” said Ryeowook.

“I think to play outside for a few moments?” said Sungmin.

“You think?” asked Yesung. They nodded their heads. “Then why can’t I come? Why only Hye-Jin?”

“Uh… like Ryeowook said, meeting, and Kyuhyun said lunch, I said play outside, Kwangjoo wants to go for a run,” said Sungmin.

“He can’t even walk yet!” exclaimed Yesung.

“We’ll teach him then!” said Sungmin then pulled Hye-Jin out and shut the door. Yesung ran out but Sungmin, Ryeowook, Kyuhyun and Hye-Jin were already gone.

“This feels like wife-napping,” said Yesung. “THEN WHEREVER YOU ARE, BRING HER BACK!” Yesung shouted. He walked back into his and Hye-Jin’s room while shaking his head.

“Unreasonable reasons to be taking my wife away from me,” muttered Yesung.

“Where are you taking me?!” asked Hye-Jin in the back seat of Sungmin’s car.

“Tell us where Yesung saw Hyemi,” said Kyuhyun.

“He saw no one!” exclaimed Hye-Jin.

“Yeah, right, not from my point of view,” said Ryeowook. “I heard you two talking, don’t lie, you saw something otherwise Yesung hyung would’e never been running around.”

“Well then you shouldn’t have asked me what he saw! He said he saw Hyemi!” said Hye-Jin.

“Yes! And?! What else, come on, where did he see her?” asked Sungmin.

“Why should I tell you?” asked Hye-Jin. Sungmin stopped the car abruptly in the middle of the road.

“You don’t think we want to help? We want our dance teacher back, but we need to solve her problems to do so!” exclaimed Sungmin.

“What if she wants to be alone?! No one knows where she is, that means no one will find her!” said Hye-Jin.

“Don’t yell, it’s not good for your health to get stressed out too much,” said Sungmin then continued driving. Hye-Jin rolled her eyes.

‘Yeah, like you weren’t yelling just a few seconds ago…’

“Anyway, we need you to tell us where he saw Hyemi, then we’ll drive you back home,” said Sungmin.

“Why should I?”

“Because maybe we might find her in that area,” said Kyuhyun.

“Why do you want her back after she insulted everyone?” asked Hye-Jin.

“Because, it seems like her life is concerned with Young-woon hyung, you know who Young-woon is, right?” asked Ryeowook.

“Kangin?”

“Correct, and we may have problems if Kangin comes back,” said Kyuhyun.

“That’s why we’re setting them up together, for whatever Kangin did to her, or she did to him,” said Sungmin.

“You don’t know what happened with Hyemi and Young-woon, you think Hyemi will forgive him for doing something as bad as to break her heart?” asked Hye-Jin.

“Exactly, she will, if she falls for him,” said Kyuhyun.

“Again?”

“What do you mean, again?”

“Nothing…”  Sungmin immediately stepped on the brake pedal and looked back at Hye-Jin.

“NOTHING?! Hye-Jin, what in the world did Young-woon hyung do to break Hyemi’s heart?” asked Sungmin.

“Nothing alright! If I show you where he saw her, which I don’t believe, will you leave me alone?!” asked Hye-Jin.

“Deal,” they all said. Hye-Jin told them to drive in this direction and that direction until thye were on the other side of the city. They were at a big old beat-up tree. They got out of the car, and looked at it.

“Wow, this is old…” commented Sungmin.

“And stupidly old,” commented Kyuhyun.

“Wow, thank you insensitive maknae!” said Hye-Jin sarcastically. Then Ryeowook turned around to see a transparent girl.

“HYEMI!” shouted Ryeowook.
--

Sorry, I just had to stop it here, and like, the chapter was getting too long. I don’t think I’ve written a chapter this long. Yeah, cliffy, I thought I’d never do anymore cliff-hangers anymore, but I just had to.

Comment!