First Date: First Kiss

Memories of Love

@alexpop I think you laugh at almost everything
--

2012, January 24, 7:00 pm

It was dead silent between them. They didn’t speak and Jaehyun slowly turned away.

“Wait,” said Eunhyuk grabbing her wrist before she could walk off again. “Please, talk to me.”

Jaehyun sighed and tried shaking his hand off but he had a lot of strength.

“Please let go then,” said Jaehyun calmly. It started raining really hard but they ignored it. Eunhyuk slowly let her wrist go. “Thank you…”

“Please…”

“Please what?” asked Jaehyun turning around.

“Please… can we go back to the way things were?” asked Eunhyuk.

“Mianhae, what if I don’t want to?” said Jaehyun which disappointed him. “What if I want to be more than friends?” she said which made him feel a bit happier.

“Then… can we talk?” asked Eunhyuk. The rain pounded on his skin as he walked closer to Jaehyun. Surprisingly, he took off his jacket and put it on her. It seemed far too big for her that it ended near her knees.

“Thank you… Eunhyuk,” said Jaehyun trying not to sound thankful at all.

“Your welcome, come on, you might catch a cold,” said Eunhyuk. He pulled her inside the restaurant and they actually had a nice time; eating and talking to each other.

“Aw, what a cute couple,” commented an elder close to their table. This made Eunhyuk and Jaehyun blush hard.

“Oh, we’re not dating,” said Eunhyuk which made Jaehyun just a little sad.

“Oh that’s too bad,” said the elder then got closer to Eunhyuk. “I think the perfect girl for you is right in front of you,” he whispered. Jaehyun stared at them blankly.

“Her? Jaehyun?” asked Eunhyuk pointing to Jaehyun. The old man smiled and nodded. “Jaehyun? Jaehyun? Kim Jaehyun? That girl right there?” Eunhyuk kept asking over and over again and got the same response each time.

“Yes, I think she’s perfect,” said the elder.

“Are you sure?” asked Eunhyuk.

“Excuse me young lady,” said the elder man getting irritated, “do you mind if we have a talk. I know how annoying we men can be, I used to be like him before.” Eunhyuk’s nervous smile turned into a scowl. Jaehyun smiled and giggled.

“Of course,” replied Jaehyun. The old man immediately shot up and pulled Eunhyuk out the door.

“Wait! I’m eating! Don’t pull me away from my strawberries! I love them! Please old man! Nooo!!!” cried Eunhyuk making everyone look at him weirdly. Then the man dragged him to the side of the building.

“Come on! I’m having dinner!” whined Eunhyuk.

“Don’t be whiny about this. Trust me, she’s the right girl,” said the old man.

“Who are you anyway?” asked Eunhyuk.

“Sheesh, must you know everything? Oh well. My name is Lee Jaehyuk, back in the day, I used to be like you,” said the old man. “I had the perfect girl, until something bad happened. I let her go, never saw her again and now I have a terrible life… you, Eunhyuk.”

“Me?” asked Eunhyuk. Jaehyuk turned around and glared at him. The anchovy gulped in fear of his piercing eyes.

“Lee Hyukjae,” said Jaehyuk slowly.

“Why is everyone calling me by my real name?” Eunhyuk asked himself rolling his eyes.

“Now you listen to me, you had better keep that girl with you. Keep her safe, and away from every other boy.”

“What’s so special about Jaehyun?” asked Eunhyuk.

“That girl, could be your destiny,” said Jaehyuk.

Destiny? I’m not falling for that one old man,” said Eunhyuk.

“Listen!” cried Jaehyuk. “Now I understand why she hated me,” muttered Jaehyuk. “That girl could be as special to you as your stupid strawberries!”

“Don’t call strawberries stupid!” exclaimed Eunhyuk.

“Well in my opinion, green apples seem to be better,” retorted Jaehyuk. Eunhyuk gasped shockingly.

“Oh, don’t you dare think green apples are better than my red fruit!”

“Well, I don’t like the colour red, or silver!” exclaimed Jaehyuk.

“Well I don’t like green or gold! Neither do I like your name!”

“Oh, stop this nonsense!” said Jaehyuk and Eunhyuk shut up. It was silent until Jaehyuk got ‘serious’ with the subject. “How could a name like ‘Eunhyuk’ go past being cool?!”

“How can Jaehyuk be as good as anybody’s?”

“Oh yeah?”

“Oh really!”

Now I understand why she hated me!” exclaimed Jaehyuk. “Look at me, thinking I’m the best. Geez, I should’ve stopped myself! I must’ve been SO irritating…”

“Um, excuse me, uh, old man? Who is this… girl you’re talking about?” asked Eunhyuk. Jaehyuk glared at him then sighed, sat on the edge of the street and patted the empty space next to him.

“Sit, I’ll tell you the whole story,” said Jaehyuk. Eunhyuk immediately sat down and listened to every word the old man said.

“It was a long time ago when I was your age. A perfect girl finally entered my life, Kim HyunJae. She was everything a guy could dream of, we liked each other and started dating. Though I always thought I was the better person out of us. Right before I could confess how much I loved her she saw me with another girl thinking I was cheating on her. She left me, I couldn’t do anything… now… I’m stuck with the biggest regret of my life. But it’s like you and that girl seem to have a similar story, right?” asked Jaehyuk.

“Um… not really, plus, she’s already uh… taken,” said Eunhyuk slowly and sadly.

“Oh, I never knew. Anyway, do you think you can win her heart? You should already know your feelings towards her. Do me a favour, win that girl’s heart and treat her good. Always hang on to her, if one thing goes bad she’ll be stomping out of your life. Can you do that Eunhyuk? Can you change the way I was when I was your age?” asked Jaehyuk.

“Alright. I’ll try.”

I’ll try?! TRY HARD! Come on, go in there, get that girl TONIGHT!” ordered Jaehyuk pushing Eunhyuk back into the restaurant. He stumbled in but caught himself in a weird way and everyone looked at him.

“Ehehehe, uh, sorry for interrupting everyone,” said Eunhyuk bowing. He returned to his table slowly.

“What was that about?” asked Jaehyun.

“Nothing, he just wanted an autograph,” said Eunhyuk casually.

“AUTOGRAPH?!” asked Jaehyuk popping up right behind Eunhyuk. “YOU CALL THAT ‘TALK’ AN ‘AUTOGRAPH’?! YOU ARE SO FULL OF YOURSELF!”

“Uh-er-um-er-“

“I WILL-!” shouted Jaehyuk but was interrupted by a man in a suit who pulled him and Eunhyuk by their collars.

“You two are disrupting my customers’ time. Now, out!” demanded the man. He threw Eunhyuk and Jaehyuk out of the restaurant. Jaehyun also left and asked if they were okay.

“Did he hurt you? Are you okay?” asked Jaehyun.

“Neh, I’m okay, don’t worry,” replied Eunhyuk.

“Alright, well at least we finished desert…” said Jaehyun.

“Next time, if I ever bump into that kid again I will seriously-!” muttered Jaehyuk walking away.

“Hey! Old man! Where’re you going?” asked Eunhyuk almost shouting to him.

“Good luck, you’re on your own now Eunhyuk. We may never bump into each other in the future, if we do, I will kill you. Good luck and goodbye Eunhyuk,” said Jaehyuk and disappeared.

“Well that was…” said Eunhyuk.

“Odd?” asked Jaehyun.

“I was going to say mean since he’s going to kill me if he ever sees me again but I guess you can say it was odd. Come on, let’s go to the arcade~!” suggested Eunhyuk and they walked in the opposite direction. Although it was raining heavily still, they had a great time and the games got them off their mind.

Until they had to reach home it was still raining and they had nothing else to do. They sat down in an covered area on a bench.

“Mianhae Jaehyun,” said Eunhyuk.

“Wae?”

“For everything. I was being a jerk,” replied Eunhyuk. Jaehyun smiled and sat closer to him.

“No you weren’t. No need to apologize, I’ve already forgiven you. I guess now we can become friends again,” said Jaehyun happily. Their faces were just inches away… they got closer as their eyes were locked together. Eunhyuk closed his eyes and planted his lips on hers’. Jaehyun was shocked and started blushing, then she closed her eyes and kissed back.
--

AW~!