The Wedding Part 1

Memories of Love

@alexpop When I first saw Sooyoung’s aegyo I was laughing my head off
@kaitlyntheillestt Don’t feel stupid! At first it was 3 years, then for another half-year she was happy until they had the fight, then it was about another half-year she was happy and then she was bullied again for another 2 years
@AvyA7X I don’t know how but the childhood idea just came popping into my head, I had to write it, and I never actually plan any of my chapters out

I’m gonna split the wedding into two part, so this is part one. At first I barely knew how people organized weddings, I ended having to organize one for this story and had to read a crapload of stuff and get my friend’s help. I really hope this is a pretty good wedding
--

2011, December 13, 6:00 pm

“Jagiya?” asked Sungmin. “Jagiya?”

“Neh?” asked Haneul focusing on her list.

“I’m going to a bachelor party, I’ll come back before midnight,” said Sungmin putting on his jacket before opening the door.

“Arasso… I’ll miss you. Be ready for the wedding tomorrow,” said Haneul slowly.

“I will,” said Sungmin then kissed Haneul on the cheek before leaving. “Bye!” Haneul looked at the doorway and sighed. She didn’t have any plans tonight, and everyone was going out tonight. She wanted to go so badly but she had to take care of Kwangjoo.

“How lucky everyone is,” she said to herself in a sarcastic tone then went to go check up on Kwangjoo. He was sleeping peacefully; I guess a ring boy can’t be sleepy during his parents’ wedding, right? Haneul smiled to herself and quickly went to bed.

She stared at the ceiling trying to fall asleep. Nothing seemed to work for her to be able to sleep. She thought she was just too stressed, but she could not even shut her eyes for five seconds.

‘What am I worrying about? The wedding is perfect. I hope…’ thought Haneul. After a while she finally got to sleep. Sungmin came home and slept next to Haneul in bed but couldn’t stop wriggling. He couldn’t get to sleep and was worried if he could even get to sleep.

‘What’s wrong with you Sungmin? I can’t keep worrying… I have a wedding tomorrow, this exciting and nervous feeling inside me is driving me crazy!’ thought Sungmin glaring at the ceiling. He kept wriggling but nothing seemed to work. He got up and walked downstairs into the kitchen.

He took a bottle of water out and gulped down the water until it was empty. He saw Sungjin enter the kitchen and smiling. He saw Sungjin cross his arms and lean against the doorway.

“Everything alright hyung?” asked Sungjin.

“I-… actually, no, nothing’s alright,” replied Sungmin sitting on the bench. Sungjin sat next to him.

“What’s wrong?” asked Sungjin.

“Hello? Wedding? Tomorrow? I have butterflies in my stomach! My heart is beating like crazy! It’s as if the world will end if something goes wrong!” exclaimed Sungmin quietly.

“Calm down hyung!” said Sungjin then put his hand on his brother’s shoulder. “Haneul noona is your wife. She’s also been your best friend and girlfriend before, why should you be worried about the wedding in the last minute? Hyung, you can do this, not just because you’re a star, but because your my hyung and I believe in you,” said Sungjin. Sungmin smiled and ruffled his younger brother’s hair.

“That’s my dongsaeng. Thanks Sungjin, you always know how to cheer me up,” said Sungmin. Sungjin smiled.

“That’s my hyung, I knew you wouldn’t worry so much. So get some rest, and good luck, you’re going to need it,” said Sungjin walking back to his bedroom. Sungmin sighed, his brother was smart. When he got back in bed and closed his eyes he immediately fell asleep with a smile.

 

2011, December 14, 8:00 am

Haneul and Hae Mi went out to pick up Haneul’s wedding dress, Jaehwon, (2) Haneul, Yunae, Kyuhyun, Ryeowook, Sungjin and Jaewon were setting up the wedding.

“Haneul? What dress did you choose?” asked Hae Mi. Haneul saw her dress on a mannequin.

“That one!” replied Haneul happily.

A lady put the dress (along with the see-through jacket) in some plastic and gave it to Haneul. “Good luck with the wedding,” the lady whispered in Haneul’s ear. Haneul smiled and left. Haneul walked to a church nearby a vineyard and got dressed and ready for the wedding with the help of Hae Mi.

Hae Mi was tying up Haneul’s hair then Haneul asked, “Hae Mi, how nervous were you when you were married to my brother?”

Hae Mi was hesitant before replying slowly, “I was actually worrying so much that I almost fainted.”

“Jinja?”

“Neh, luckily I kept myself together. There was really nothing to worry about,” said Hae Mi now putting make-up on Haneul. “So don’t faint until after the wedding, alright?”

“Alright, is everyone at the vineyard yet?” asked Haneul now checking the clock to see it was 10:00 am.

“I don’t think so, everyone should be there by 11. I’m going to go get Eunji, Jaehwon, (2) Haneul and Yunae for you,” said Hae Mi putting the last touches of make-up on Haneul then left. Haneul looked at her dress admiring it. She put it on and looked quite pretty.

“Auntie Haneul!” shouted Eunji and hugged Haneul’s legs. “Where the petals?” asked Eunji. Haneul pointed to a basket of petals that Eunji was supposed to scatter when they walked along the aisle, in the corner. “Yay! Petals!”

Everyone laughed and Jaehwon immediately spotted her sister in a wedding dress.

“Unnie! You look beautiful!” exclaimed Jaehwon.

“Gomawo,” said Haneul an everyone complimented the dress.

“I thought the dress came with a see-through jacket,” said (2) Haneul.

“Neh, it did, I’ll wear it while we eat lunch,” replied Haneul.

“It looks pretty,” said Jaehwon grabbing the jacket. Hae Mi adjusted and basically did everything for Haneul then looked back in the mirror.

She wore a veil:

She saw a beautiful Vietnamese girl with a passion for music and made it as a singer and today, the 14 December, marked her 6th year of being a solo artist.

“Haneul ah? We’re going to the vineyard now, it’s time,” said Hae Mi. Haneul took one look before leaving the church and entered the vineyard nearby, the setting of her wedding. There was a door under an arch of vines.

“Ready?” asked Yunae. Haneul looked anxious, nervous and unconfident but she shook it all off.

“Ready,” replied Haneul and the door was opened and music immediately started playing.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvQh0dcudmg Listen while reading)

Sungmin was talking with Kyuhyun, Ryeowook, Jaewon and Sungjin until music started playing and a door burst open. Sungmin looked at the beautiful lady who was walking down the aisle at the end of all of the other ladies. He was waiting for his wife but she didn’t come out.

‘Where’s my-is that… Haneul?! That beautiful girl is my wife?! Of course Haneul’s always been pretty but not as beautiful as THIS! She looks amazing, I could drool any second now! WAIT! Don’t drool Sungmin! Don’t!’ thought Sungmin and smiled.

Eunji walked at a good pace as she scattered flower petals over the aisle, followed by Yunae, (2) Haneul, Jaewon and Hae Mi who were holding this:

Wearing this:

Haneul held this bouquet:

Everyone stood up as Haneul walked down the aisle with her father. She tried looking up but just kept staring at the ground.

Lighten up!” whispered her father. Haneul smiled and looked up seeing her husband with a shocked expression. Then he straightened up and smiled. She saw her son with the rings held by Jaewon who was next to Sungmin. She took Sungmin’s hand and everyone sat down.

“Hello, my name is Choi Siwon, I am the priest and will be marrying this couple. Now, let the ceremony begin,” said Siwon at the front. Everyone listened to them as they said their vows, it almost made Yoojin cry, come on, it was a beautiful vow.

‘Or did Haneul just come up with that after listening to so many romantic song lyrics?’ thought Aura comforting Yoojin.

“I’m okay now,” said Yoojin wiping away her tears.

“Do you, Lee Sungmin, take Haneul to be your wife?” asked Siwon.

“I do,” replied Sungmin.

“Do you, Lee Haneul, take Sungmin to be your husband?” asked Siwon.

“I do,” replied Haneul. I do. Those words made Haneul happy. They exchanged rings and smiled.

“You may now kiss the bride,” said Siwon. Haneul and Sungmin kissed as everyone cheered. Haneul smiled after their lips parted. His feelings inside her could not be described with words, but with the love she had for Sungmin. Haneul, Sungmin, Hae Mi and Jaewon signed the marriage certificate after the ring exchange.

Everyone ate lunch at tables that were set aside. Sungmin and Haneul went to every table and thanked everyone for coming, Sungmin was actually surprised of who she invited.

“Thank you for coming to the wedding, we appreciate it,” said Haneul.

“Your welcome, and congratulations,” replied Park Bom. Her, along with her band member; Sandara Park, Minzy and CL, clapped.  A couple of Vietnamese relatives gave Haneul and Sungmin more than $100 in a red packet (in Korean money). There was F(x), 2NE1, SNSD, Lee SooMan, BoA, Younha, G.NA, IU, Sungmin’s and Haneul’s family, Super Junior members with their girlfriends (soon-to-be wives), TRAX, a lot of children and SHINee.  

Everyone gave them their weddings gifts along the way. Haneul and Sungmin also sat down and ate lunch. After lunch Sungjin gave a speech.

“Hello everyone! My name is Sungjin, Sungmin’s brother and his best man. I’d like to give a speech,” said Sungjin getting everyone’s attention.

“First of all, thank you Haneul and Sungmin for inviting everyone for the big day. I’ve never seen my brother this happy before, thank you Haneul. When Haneul and Sungmin first met I was visiting them. I saw how goofy Sungmin was acting around Haneul which made her laugh, they looked like a really cute couple.

I hope they stay forever happy together, and make their lives worth being with each other. Good luck with your futures, but most importantly, let’s celebrate this big day and make memories beautiful,” said Sungjin and everyone clapped.

“Now let’s congratulate this couple with a toast, congratulations you lovebirds,” said Jaewon. Everyone drank from the cup already set up at their table.

“Now it’s time to cut the cake!” announced Hae Mi. Everyone cheered as well as the children.

 ( (http://weddingcake.name/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/four-tier-white-rose-wedding-cakes.gif) (It's won't show up when I put "Insert Image")

 Haneul grasped the knife with Sungmin guiding her and gave everyone a piece. All of the members alogn with their girlfriends, Sungjing, Jaehwon, Jaewon and Hae Mi walked over to Haneul and Sungmin after finish their cakes.

“We would like to give this wedding gift to the both of you as a group,” said Leeteuk holding a couple of wrapped up presents.

“These one is from us,” said Heechul. “I think you’ll only want to look at that later when you’re on your honeymoon.”

“The girls gave you something very fragile, so don’t ruin anything, okay?” asked Yesung. “Especially Hye-Jin, she used the most money on it.”

“Alright, we’ll be very careful with it,” replied Sungmin.

 “Jaewon, Jaehwon, Hae Mi and I decided to go shopping and bought you something, but open it later,” said Sungjin handing him a heavy wrapped up gift.

“Wow, okay then, thank you guys. We’d love it if we could open it now, but we really appreciate it,” said Haneul. “And that reminds me,” said Haneul getting something from somewhere. She had a couple of small boxes in white wrapping. “I bought this for Jaehwon, Hae Mi, (2) Haneul and Yunae. You can open it now,” said Haneul giving indivisual boxes to her bridesmaids and Maid of Honour.

(All four of them have the first Korean syllable their names engraved on them, like Jaehwon’s is ‘재’)

“Aw, you didn’t have to give us this, you already rented us our dresses,” said Hae Mi.

“Don’t worry, I like giving gifts,” said Haneul.

“Then we should call you Santa Claus that can afford anything in the world,” said (2) Haneul mking everyone laugh.

“Thanks Haneul, I love it!” said Yunae as everyone hugged her. Sungmin walked over to Sungjin, Jaewon, Kyuhyun and Ryeowook.

“I bought this for you guys,” said Sungmin handing them a small box for Kyuhyun and Ryeowook and a bigger box for Sungjin and Jaewon.

Kyuhyun:

Ryeowook:

“Look on the back, it has your names engraved on it,” said Sungmin. Ryeowook and Kyuhyun exchanged glances before turning the back to see their names engraved and written in Korean.

“Thanks hyung, it’s awesome!” exclaimed Kyuhyun and Ryeowook in unison.

Jaewon and Sungjin:

(Their names in Korean are engraved at the front)

“Cool hyung, thanks! I always wanted to have one of these!” said Sungjin clicking the bit at the top nonstop.

“Thanks Sungmin, you’re a great husband,” said Jaewon sweetly. Sungmin knew he was kissing up to him but just smiled.

“Your welcome hyung,” replied Sungmin. Then Super Junior did a small performance.

“Hello everyone, thank you for coming,” said Sungmin, “I would like to dedicate this performance to my wife, Lee Haneul.”

Super Junior sang Marry U and No Other and Sungmin and Yesung did a small solo of ‘Now We Go to Meet’.

(Here’s the song if you don’t know it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rt0dRX6Y0s)

"Haneul! Throw the bouquet!" shouted Onew. Everyone agreed and Haneul threw the bouquet over her head. It landed in Hye-Jin's hands and she blushed after looking at Yesung. Everyone started playfully pushing them together and they eventually kissed.

Then they had a ‘first dance’ and everyone enjoyed it. Haneul took a rest and sat next to Bom.

“So, you already have a child? What’s his name, he’s really cute,” asked Bom as she fed her own child.

“His name’s Kwangjoo,” replied Haneul and noticed her baby. “You had a baby as well?”

“Neh, his name is Junho,” replied Bom. “Born on October 8 this year.”

“Jinja?! That’s’s when Kwangjoo was born!” exclaimed Haneul.

“Jinja?!”

“How come I didn’t know?” they asked each other in unison. They laughed and let the children play. “Sandara also had a baby.”

“Jinja?”

“Neh!”

“I never keep track on things these days,” muttered Haneul.

“One was Jongwoo, born last year. The other one is Jinwoo, born two years ago,” informed Bom. They looked at all of the children playing happily. “Again, congratulations.”

“Thank you.”
 --

There WILL be a part two, but I guess that one is just where they will go on their honeymoon. AH! It’s close to Christmas in this story! Heechul and Leeteuk leaving! T_T I will DEFINITELY do a chapter on that. Anyway! Sorry to keep you guys waiting!

Comment! No silent readers please!