Acceptable Relationship!

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

Username : -sundae
 Featuring male idol : Kim Myungsoo
 Featuring female : Song Kayoung ( OC )
 Plot : The secret relationship between a new soloist, Kayoung & Myungsoo. One day they finally announce that they are dating, but they are worried that it will put a bad image on them, instead fans encourage and are happy with the couple!
 Genre : drama , romance , idol life
 Title : Acceptable Relationship!

 

-----

 

Kayoung giggled and settled into L's arms. "You're so goofy, Myungsoo."

L brushed her hair away from her face and kissed the top of her head. "Only for you."

...

Kayoung remembered the scene as she looked at the photograph that was pasted on the front page of the gossip column. "Oh no." she whispered as she flipped through the pages. "L and Kayoung...dating?" she read. "L from Infinite and solo artiste Song Kayoung were spotted getting cozy in a cafe last weekend! Pictures are circulating online and fans are speculating about the two's relationship. What do you think? Are L and Kayoung dating?"

"Oh no." Kayoung squeezed her eyes shut, feeling dread fill her up.

L and Kayoung started dating three months ago and it was hella tedious trying to hide the fact from everyone. They went on the same variety shows and they would glance at each other once in a while and smile shyly at each other.

When the other artistes met up after their schedules, L and Kayoung would turn up even if they were tired and would try to find ways to sit together while they held their hands under the table. Only her manager knew about it, together with the Infinite members.

And now the whole world knew about it.

Kayoung rushed around her room to look for her phone. Her hands were trembling and she couldn't stop shaking. She found her phone by her bedside and she almost dropped it while she unlocked the screen. "Myungsoo...Myungsoo.."

The phone rang at that instant. Kayoung answered it immediately when she saw that it was the one guy she had intended to call. "Myungsoo." she whispered.

"Kayoung, have you seen?" L asked, his voice nervous. Kayoung answered him with a sob. He let out a sigh that was even audible from the other end of the line. "You saw?" he muttered. "We have to do something about this, Kayoung. Everyone knows we're dating by looking at the pictures."

"But what about the fans? Inspirits?" Kayoung asked tearfully. "We're going to get so many haters, Myungsoo. Our whole career is going to fail. Fans don't take idols dating easily."

"Don't think of it that way." L responded, even though he wasn't sure. "Maybe this is heaven's way of telling us that it's time to go public. We have to hold a press conference, Kayoung. It cannot be helped."

Kayoung let out a sigh and slumped on her bed. "Alright."

-----

Standing in front of hundreds of reporters from different newspaper agencies, different radio stations, different broadcasting stations, with camera flashes blinding them at every single moment, L and Kayoung stood in front of the masses of people on a temporary stage.

L gripped the mike nervously and cleared his throat. "Hi."

All the reporters quietened down and held their cameras and video recorders. "Thank you for coming to the impromptu press conference." L muttered, his lips nervously. "As all of you know, this is held in response to the photo published in yesterday's newspaper."

Cameras clicked away.

Kayoung glanced at L, nervous.

"We, Kayoung and I, we have an announcement to make." L said, taking a deep breath. "It is true, we are dating."

Murmurs grew and the cameras clicked faster. L reached out to interlace Kayoung's hands and the clicks grew more furious. "We would like your understanding." L continued. "We are just a guy and a girl in their twenties. It's normal for people to date and we, Kayoung and I, we just yearn for an ordinary love and we hope people can support us."

He took a deep breath. "Inspirits, the only thing I'm sorry about is not telling you about this relationship from the start. I'm not sorry for this relationship because it is precious to me and I hope you can understand that." he squeezed Kayoung's hand. "We have a long way to go in this industry but please don't forget, we are still two young people searching for love. Please support this relationship."

Both of them bowed ninety degrees while cameras snapped away.

Kayoung felt tears gathering in her eyes and she swallowed. It was done.

-----

Kayoung didn't dare step out of her house after that incident.

When she opened her Me2day account, there were dozens and dozens of hate mail. L was facing the same case from Kayoung's uncle fans. Their company had to stop their activities for a bit, in hope that the public would forget about it soon.

She was devastated. She thought that perhaps people could accept her, but the Inspirits were furious that their L oppa was taken away by someone else. What they didn't understand was that even she, Song Kayoung, could not take L away from them. He would always be L to his fans, but he was Myungsoo to her.

Her career seemed to be going downhill and she was devastated. Everything she had worked for seemed to be taken away from her all at once.

"Kayoung?"

Kayoung looked up while she laid on her bed as L poked his head through her door. "Yeah?"

L beamed at her and jogged in with his laptop. "Kayoung, look at this." he grinned, plopping onto her bed.

Kayoung squeezed her eyes shut. "I've had enough of hate comments and hate mail, oppa." she groaned. "Not another one."

"No look." L pulled her nearer. "We've got a fanclub."

Kayoung opened one eye. "Fanclub?"

"Look, Myungyoung club. We, the forever Myungyoung supporters!" he read. He smiled at Kayoung. "Look, they're made up of Inspirits and your fans, even the public. They like us dating, Kayoung."

Kayoung's eyes widened as she read the site. "My gosh, I can't believe this." she beamed up at him. "Kyaaah oppa!"

L smiled and hugged her tightly, biting back a smile. "There may be people hating us, Kayoung. But there are also people supporting us. We've got a long way to go."

She nodded as she buried her face in his chest. Yes, there were.