Be Mine?

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

1. Username: kissme4life_99
 2. Featuring Male Idol: Kevin Woo
 3. Featuring Female: Park Minji (OC)
 4. Plot: Park Minji was the cold type of person, always bottling up her feelings inside. Kevin Woo, was one of the most popular guys in the school, but he was also a very nice person. What happens when Kevin falls for Minji? Will he be able to make her fall for him back? And in the end, he succeeds to break through the bubble Minji always surrounds herself with~ (i hope this is okay! ><)
 5. Romance, Fluff
 6. Be Mine?

 

-----

 

A book dropped from her hands onto the ground.

Eli noticed and quickly bent down to take the book and looked up. He saw that she had already gone quite a distance and he quickly ran to catch up with her. "Hey." he tapped her on the shoulder. "Minji, you dropped your book."

Park Minji turned around emotionlessly and looked at him. Eli couldn't help the shudder as she looked straight in his eye without flinching. Minji's eyes lowered on the book and she reached to grab it. "Thanks."

She spun around to go without a backward glance and strode off.

Eli returned to his friends and shook his head. "That girl is one cold block of ice." he muttered. "To think that even I felt a shiver down my spine when she looked me in the eye. She doesn't seem to have a tinge of emotion in her expression at all."

"Is she really that bad?" Kevin asked, uncertain. "We don't know her that well so we can't judge her either."

"She isn't the ice princess for nothing, you know." Soohyun reminded. "She's really expressionless and doesn't show any emotion. She might even be more cold that Jessica and Krystal." he joked.

Kevin looked where Minji went and pursed his lips. He didn't think she had a lack of emotions, rather, it was the lack of showing them to others.

"Honestly if she wasn't so cold, she might have friends and even a boyfriend." AJ tapped his chin. "You've got to admit that she's quite pretty, in the ice princess way. Though I would have preferred if she smiled more. People don't talk to her because they don't get a response back."

"Meh, I prefer a summer babe over an ice princess any time." Eli shrugged.

The U-Kiss boys walked to class and Kevin stayed quiet, deep in thought. He had always been attracted to the ice princess and was curious about what she was actually feeling when certain things happened. He thought she was pretty and beautiful in her own way even if she didn't say anything most of the times.

But he couldn't deny what Soohyun had said. He thought she would be much prettier if she smiled.

-----

Minji walked out from the classroom quickly when the bell rang, even before the teacher left.

Teacher Jung frowned. "Oh no, I've still got to hand out this assignment to all of you." she clicked her tongue in disapproval. "Can't one of you chase after her to give her this?"

Everyone turned around to look at each other, hesitating. No one wanted to approach the ice princess.

Kevin shot up from his seat with extreme unbelievabble enthusiasm and raised his hands. "I'll go."

Teacher Jung looked surprised. "You will, Kevin?" she smiled. "Thank you so much!"

Kevin grabbed the assignment paper and ran out of class, looking left and right. He saw Minji heading towards the entrance of the school with her bag slung over her right shoulder and he quickly made a mad dash after her. "MINJI!"

People looked at him in surprise, not expecting somemone who would have called out to the ice cold Park Minji. Their eyes widened when they saw that it was pretty boy of U-Kiss, Kevin going after her. What did he want from her anyway?

Minji stopped in her tracks and her heel, surprised as well. She saw Kevin after her and her eyes widened in surprise. "MINJI!" Kevin panted as he caught up with her. "Wow, you walk fast." he grinned goofily.

Minji didn't smile like he thought she would. "Yes?"

Kevin bit his lip and held out the assignment paper. "Teacher Jung wanted you to have this before you went off. You have to hand it up by Wednesday."

"Thanks." Minji grabbed the paper and turned around. Kevin fell into step with her and shoved his hands into his pockets as he strolled along with her, so natural that people would have even believed they did this every single day.

Minji glanced at Kevin, frowning slightly, and completely obvious that she was wondering what he was doing walking with her. Kevin smiled at her brightly when she looked at him and Minji quickly turned away.

Kevin bit his lip, wondering how he was supposed to get her to talk. "Where do you live, Minji?"

Minji looked straight. "It's none of your business."

"I'm just curious." Kevin didn't let it get to him. "Come on, where do you live? What is your favorite color? What sort of genre of songs do you listen to? Do you have any hobbies?" he ranted.

Minji stopped in her tracks and looked at him. "Why do I have to tell you? Is this an interview or interrogation?"

"Neither." Kevin gave an easy grin. "I just want to know you better, Minji. We haven't really talked even though we're in the same class."

Minji rolled her eyes and continued walking. "You better get back to school. You haven't even gotten your bag with you, you have to go back to get it sometime. How about now?" she hinted at his departure.

Kevin grinned. "Are you being worried about me right now?"

Minji rolled her eyes again and strode off. "Wait Minji, at least answer one question today, oh?" Kevin continued bugging her.

Minji waited for her bus at the bus stop and Kevin went to sit with her at the bench. "Come on, one question alright? Where do you live?" Kevin nudged her cutely. Minji glanced at him and looked away, biting her lip.

Her bus arrived and she climbed up the stairs. She stopped at the first step and looked back at Kevin. "Insadong." and then she got up the bus. The doors closed.

Kevin's lips curled up in a bright smile and he waved enthusiastically at her as the bus rolled away. He chuckled to himself as he made his way back to the school to get his bag.

-----

And that was how Kevin got information from Minji.

He wasn't greedy but he was extremely persistent. He bugged Minji like an incessant pest every single day until she answered his question of the day, and that was how he learnt more about her.

They weren't hard questions really, asking about her favorite foods, about her little preferences in life, her interest and passions.

And then they moved on to questions probing into her life. Like how many siblings she had, what she wanted to be when she grew up, things about her family and life at home.

Minji realized she liked him asking her questions because sometimes he asked simple things that set her thinking. She would also look forward to listening to his answers as he would usually offer the information willingly and she got to know more about it.

Unexpectedly the two began to get closer.

Just with their little one-question-a-day sessions, they had connected in a way they hadn't before with any other people. The U-kiss boys watched in awe as Kevin grew closer to the one girl they never thought possible.

And it didn't take long for Kevin to realize that he had fallen in love with Minji. And the thing was, he wasn't even surprised that he did.

The thing then, was to convince Minji that she had to let someone into her life, to depend on him and let him care for her in the way she never let anyone. Which was when Kevin decided to confess.

Kevin rushed to catch up with Minji one day after school to walk with her to the bus stop, whcih was usually the time they conducted their one-question-a-day session. He fell in step with her and shoved his hands in his pockets.

Minji didn't look at him but he knew she knew he was there. They walked in silence for quite a while and Minji grew curious, turning to him. "Aren't you asking any questions today?"

Kevin pursed his lips. "I'm going to. But I was wondering how to do it."

Minji blinked at him curiously. "What is it that you can't ask it out loud like you usually do?"

Kevin looked at her. "I was afraid of your answer." he murmured.

"Afraid?" Minji raised her brows. This was the first time she had heard him say something like that.

Minji stopped and looked at him straight in the eye. "Just ask."

Kevin cracked a smile. "It's amusing to see you so eager." he commented. Minji rolled her eyes and made a move to go and Kevin quickly pulled her back. "Wait, I'll ask."

Minji nodded and looked at him once again.

"So," Kevin took a deep breath. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

Minji's eyes rose so high it was about to reach her hairline. "That isn't a question!"

"It totally is!" Kevin defended. "It ended with a question mark didn't it?" he sighed and raked his fingers through his hair. "I like you, Minji. I really like you a lot. Everyone says you're an ice princess but I honestly beg to differ."

He stared into her eyes. "I think you have as much feelings as any other person but you just don't want to show it. You don't show it because it's a vulnerability to show your feelings to other people, but I hope that if you do, that person is going to be me."

"You can trust me, Minji. I hope that I'll be the one you'll turn to when you need someone to talk to and I can promise to always protect you and love you." Kevin murmured sincerely. "So please, will you be my girlfriend?"

Minji stared at him for a long time until...

She let out a hiccup.

Kevin blinked. Minji looked away embarrassed and she opened to say something until another hiccup popped up. She fanned herself, reddening in the face. "wait I-hic!"

Kevin broke into a smile and he chuckled in amusement. "Am I making you nervous?"

"No!" Minji protested. "You totally aren't-hic!"

Kevin laughed and pulled her nearer, curling a lock of hair behind her ear. "So I should be glad that you are reacting to me right now, aren't I?"

A pink flush quickly tinted her cheeks. "I wasn't-hic!"

"So you haven't answered my question." Kevin noted. "Will you be my girlfriend?? Stop hiccuping if you don't want to and continue if you want to."

"HIC!"

"So you'll be my girlfriend?" Kevin laughed.

"HIC!" Minji grew redder. "Yah I haven't even answered!"

"So I'm giving you a chance to say it right now." Kevin poked her cheek. "Yes or no."

Minji didn't look at him. "Uhm..hic! Just you know, hic! Take the answer you hic! had gotten just now hic!"

"YES?" Kevin beamed. Minji nodded shyly and Kevin laughed, twirling her around.

And finally, she was his.