In the cold

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

1. Username: krystalline14
2. Featuring male idol(s): Teen Top's L.Joe
3. Featuring female (OC or idol, please give a name for the OC): Park Jae In
4: Plot (Not too long please, it's a oneshot. A scenario would be good): L.Joe was planning a date so that he can confess to his bestfriend, Jae In. It's Christmas and he wants it to be as special as possible. He finally picks an ice skating rink to be the place where he will confess. So they go. He confesses. She accepts. Snow falls and fireworks go off.
5: Genre: Comedy, Romance
6: Title: In The Cold

 

-----

 

"Byunghun! Why can't you let me in yet?" his best friend shouted from outside.

"WAIT A MINUTE!" L.Joe yelled back as he quickly saved the urls and closed the tabs he had been researching on for the date he was planning. He wasn't too good with this romanticism thing that girls seemed to like, but he was trying.

He had watched quite a few cheesy dramas with Jae In his best friend before, and he hoped that what he was going to do would melt her as she did when she watched those dramas.

He planned on confessing to his best friend on Christmas and wanted the confession to go perfect. And what was more important, he hoped that his best friend would accept.

"Yah Lee Byunghun, are you hiding something from me?" Jae In banged on his room door. "OH MY GOD." she gasped. "Byunghun,  you're watching aren't you?"

L.Joe nearly fainted. Her imagination.

He clicked off all his research for "romantic date venues" and "perfect way of confessing" and a game page so that she would think he had been too busy in playing games. He rushed to the door and unlocked it, flinging it open. "I'm here." he panted.

Jae In looked at him suspiciously and pushed past him into his room. She eyed the screen of his game and sulked. "Man, so you were gaming."

L.Joe chuckled as he bumped her shoulders. "You really have a dirty mind, Jae In." he teased. "What the, most girls wouldn't even have concluded that I was watching . Which I wasn't." he quickly clarified.

Jae In made a face. "When you have an elder brother like I do, you'll think otherwise." she shuddered at the memory. She turned and jumped onto his bed, face down. "I like your bed. It has this nice smell." she hugged his pillow and closed her eyes.

L.Joe moved to push her a little to make space for himself and laid down beside her, his arm acting as a pillow for his head. "You can smell me anytime you like." he offered generously. "Since you like my smell so much."

"I said I like the way your bed smells, not you." Jae In rolled her eyes. L.Joe moved nearer and laughed. "Oh really? Because as far as I know, my bed smells the same way I do. Oh come on, just admit you like my smell huh, Jae In? Don't be shy~" he teased.

"You freak!" Jae In laughed as they both got their own pillows. "You do not smell good!"

"I do!" L.Joe proclaimed as they engaged in a pillow fight. He was laughing so hard and smiling so wide that his tummy and cheeks hurt. He hoped that when tomorrow came, her answer would make him smile as brightly.

------

"Why wasn't my oppa allowed to follow us?" Jae In asked as L.Joe brought Jae In to the ice skating rink.

The two of their families were celebrating christmas together because L.Joe and Jae In's friendship had also caused both families to become close. After their Christmas dinner, L.Joe told everyone that he was bringing Jae In to the ice skating rink.

Jae In's elder brother wanted to go as well and L.Joe had turned him down with insistence never seen before. Her elder brother had initially been slightly interested, but when seeing L.Joe's extreme reaction, thought something funny was up and decided to insist on going.

The two boys started arguing like mad dogs when Jae In's elder brother didn't even know why he was doing it since he didn't really feel like ice skating anymore. The brother just thought it was fun to make L.Joe angry and figured there was something suspicious of L.Joe wanting only Jae In there at the ice skating rink.

Finally, L.Joe grabbed onto Jae In's wrist and pulled her out of the door, running with all their might. They left the families laughing hysterically at L.Joe's actions, finally guessing his intentions for bringing her to the ice skating rink and anticipating the results.

L.Joe glanced at Jae In. "Uhm...well, it's best friend time right?" he blabbered an excuse. "I don't want him here."

Jae In smiled at him. "Aww." she punched his arm lightly. "Sweet. But as my best friend, you do know that I have no experience whatsoever in skating, right?"

L.Joe grinned. Exactly, he wanted to get the chance to teach her. "Just follow me and don't let go." he took her hand and interlaced their fingers.

They both slipped into their skates and entered the rink gingerly. Jae In gulped and paled significantly as she stood at the entrance of the rink and held the railings as if she would die if she let go. "I don't think I can do this." her legs were trembling.

"Hey hey." L.Joe murmured softly. "I'm here, I won't let you fall." he promised. "Hold my hand, don't let go." he told her again as he took both her hands tightly. He skated backwards slowly so that Jae In could follow him while he pulled her with him.

Jae In stared at the ground as she moved across it. "Wow." she whispered. "I'm getting the feel a little."

"Yeah?" L.Joe laughed at her expression of awe. "You think you're ready for higher gear?" He started skating backward faster and Jae In let out a delighted laugh. "Byunghun!"

L.Joe smiled brilliantly and he loosened his grip on one of her hand. Jae In immediately clutched his fingers desperately. "Don't." she squeaked.

"Relax." he cooed. "I'm just letting go of one hand so that I can stake beside you." he told her. "As much as I'm the pro in this, skating backwards is really tiring."

Jae In made a face and nodded. L.Joe let go of one of her hand slowly and moved to skate beside her. "Follow my feet. Right, left, right left." he gripped her hands tightly. Jae In tried moving her feet instead of letting L.Joe pull her along as if she was a wheelbarrow, and she lost her balance at the first step.

L.Joe turned around immediately and clutched her waist with his free hand, his other hand still holding onto hers tightly. She let out a sigh as she rested against his chest. "Damn, that was scary."

L.Joe laughed softly as he let go of her waist. "I told you I won't let you fall." he promised. "Come on, try again."

The two practised skating for a bit and Jae In found that she was slowly getting the hang of the thing. She saw other people doing twirls and flips and she sighed in admiration. "Wow, that's jjang."

"Meh, I can do that too." L.Joe boasted.

Jae In turned to him, laughing. "Really? Show me."

And then L.Joe did a couple of twirls and flips easily, gliding across the ice. He returned to her and immediately grasped her hand which was clutching at the railings desperately. "See? I told you I'm good."

Jae In smiled at him. "You are." she nodded. "When did you learn all this and I didn't even know!" she pouted. "Did you learn this to get the girls?"

"Get the girl. Just one." L.Joe winked at her as he pulled her along again. "Do you think a girl will fall for me when she sees me skating?"

Jae In leaned against him as they skated. "Maybe a 20% chance because it was really quite some moves you had."

"What about the rest of the 80%?" L.Joe pouted.

Jae In smiled at him, her eyes twinkling and bright. "It's getting to know you, Lee Byunghun as a person."

L.Joe melted and a slow smile curled on his lips. He opened his mouth to say something when he tripped over a hole in the ice and fell on his back. Jae In fell on top of him, landing on his chest. "Oof!"

"Oww. I take back the 20%." Jae In muttered. "How are you going to impress the girls when you trip like this?"

She made a move to sit up and L.Joe quickly pulled her back down. She stared at him in surprise as his arms circled around her waist. "I don't care about other girls. I care about the girl, one girl." he whispered. "You."

"I love you, Jae In." L.Joe looked deeply into her eyes. "As a best friend, yes. But I love you more as a girl. I think I always have." he his lips and Jae In hers unconsciously. "So what am I, in your heart? 20%? 50%? 80%?" he gulped nervously. "Or 100%?"

Jae In broke into a bright smile. "100%. You've always been 100 percent."

L.Joe pulled her closer and pushed her head towards his by the nape of her neck. Her eyes fluttered close and so did his as he sealed their lips with a life changing kiss.

It was cold around around them, the wind, the ice behind his back.

But they didn't feel cold at all.