Trains

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

1. pixified
 2. Kim Jongin/Kai (EXO-K)
 3. Lee Hyesu
 4. The two of you go to two different schools across town but met when you were working at a coffee shop as a barista. Lately, there's been a guy in your science class who has been showing an interest in you and talks to you on Facebook in a extremely creepy manner. You tell Jongin about it, and he figures out a way to deal with it.
5. Fluff, any genre really..
 6. Trains

 

-----

 

"Kai." Hyesu called. "Do I put the powder in before I add the milk or milk before powder?"

"Milk!" Kai hollered from the other end of the coffee shop.

Hyesu smiled and nodded, doing as Kai instructed.

Hyesu just started working at this coffee shop as a trainee barista and Kai was the main barista in charge of the drinks then. Both of them were students from different schools across town and they even had to take the train to get to where they were. But if not for the barista job, they wouldn't even have gotten the chance to meet.

Kai was quite the pro at making coffee and he knew quite a lot about the drink, since the coffee shop was run by his father and he learnt since he was young. His father worked the morning shift and Kai would take over after he finished school in the afternoon.

Hyesu liked working in the coffee shop. She always liked the scent of coffee and the leisurely atmosphere at this particular one made it extremely relaxing to work in.

The customers always brought a book to read while they drank their coffee slowly. It was what Hyesu considered utter enjoyment.

Which was why she thought this job was very ideal because even if she wasn't the one enjoying, she was serving the ones who were.

"Let me try it."

Hyesu was broken out of her thoughts when Kai arrived by her side, wiping his hands on his dark green apron. He took the cup of coffee which Hyesu had just made and smelt it carefully.

Hyesu watched him nervously, her heart racing.

So maybe another reason why she liked this job so much was because she got to work with a hottie like him. Kai was one of the reason why the coffee shop always had quite a lot of school girls coming after school, sending admiring looks at the main barista.

And Hyesu could totally understand their admiration for him. He was nice and patient, not to mention extremely cute.

"Not bad, for your nth try." Kai took a sip, grinning. Hyesu bumped his shoulders and pouted. "I'm not a pro like you."

"I know, that's why I say it's not bad." Kai laughed, putting down the cup. "A few more days and you're ready to serve the customers. A few more weeks and I can teach you coffee art."

Hyesu smiled, pleased. Her phone vibrated and she pulled it out. Her face screwed up when she noticed what it was. "Not again...." she groaned.

Kai blinked at her. "What?" He peered over her shoulder. "Facebook notification...message from Choi Chiwoong. Who's Lee Chiwoong." he furrowed his brows.

"Some guy in my science class." Hyesu muttered, obviously not pleased. "He's really creepy, Kai. He likes to read fantasy books a lot, too much. He always tries to convince us that vampires exist and he believes that the world is really ending on the 21st."

Kai laughed. "That's his thoughts, you should respect that."

"I do!" Hyesu spluttered. "But not when it's disturbing me! He says that since life is short and ending on December 21st because of the Mayan calendar thing, and he keeps trying to hit on me, saying we have no time to waste." she grabbed her hair frustratedly. "Look at his messages." she ed him her phone.

To: Lee Hyesu
Hyesu, I think we're really compatible. I don't see why you don't think so. I'm possibly the last guy you're going to get before we all are going to die on the 21st, Hyesu. Please reply.
From: Choi Chiwoong

To: Lee Hyesu
Hyesu, please don't drag on anymore. Meet me tomorrow after school? Let's go on a date.
From: Choi Chiwoong

To: Lee Hyesu
I can't believe you didn't turn up yesterday, Hyesu. No I don't understand why we can't be together. I like you, Hyesu! I'll wait for you today after school again. See you there! xoxo
From: Choi Chiwoong

To: Lee Hyesu
Baby, I can't believe you're so stubborn about this. The world is ending in 2 days! Are you really sure you want to die as a ?
From: Choi Chiwoong


Kai burst into peals of laughter at the last one. "Seriously?" he clutched his tummy. "That guy is mad!"

"It's not funny when you're on the receiving end." Hyesu pouted, grabbing her phone back and stuffing it back into her pocket. "I'll just have to wait till the 22nd of December and the world doesn't end, and see if he continues harrassing me, I guess." she sighed.

Kai calmed himself down and pursed his lips. "What if he doesn't?" he looked at her. "He looks positively unstable in the mind. What if he doesn't stop and he continues with his advances, what if this time physically?"

Hyesu gulped. "Don't scare me, Kai. What do you suppose I do?" she whined. "I don't know how I can reject him!"

Kai grinned. "Give me your phone, you're going to accept Choi Chiwoong's invitation and meet him tonight at 8."

-----

Chiwoong sauntered around the empty playground and sat down on the swings. There weren't any kids around since it was already dark. He tapped his clock and frowned. "Why isn't she here yet?" he muttered.

Just then, he saw two people walking towards him and was absolutely delighted when he saw one of them was Hyesu. "HYESU!!!" He jumped up, waving.

And then his gaze travelled from her face down to her hands....which was interlaced with another guy's. And then his eyes travelled to this other guy and HOLY HE WAS HOT.

Hyesu smiled as she approached Chiwoong. "Hi Chiwoong." she murmured. "Sorry to have you wait so long."

Chiwoong eyed Kai in disdain. "Who is he?"

Kai let go of Hyesu's hand and instead wound it around her shoulders. "I'm Hyesu's boyfriend, Kai." he introduced himself. "Hi Chiwoong."

"BOYFRIEND?" Chiwoong yelped. "Is he serious?"

Hyesu nodded, leaning her head against Kai's shoulder. "Yeah. He's my boyfriend."

Chiwoong looked absolutely furious. "Why didn't you tell me! I've wasted so much time!" he shrieked. He ran away, muttering under his breath. "Now, what's Shinhye number again? I've got to ask her out before Friday-"

Hyesu burst into laughter as she watched him go. "He's hilarious." Kai squeezed her shoulders, smiling. "Yeah he is. Wasn't my idea a good one?"

Hyesu smiled up at him. "Yes-" she blinked, realizing how close their faces were. She her lips, instantly nervous. She jumped away, swallowing hard. "Uhm, thanks for your help today, Kai. It's getting late, we getting take the train home."

They walked to the train station in silence, the air between them charged.

They reached the interchange and hesitated. "I'm taking the train in this direction." Hyesu pointed. "You're taking the other one right? So....uhm, thanks again for your help Kai. See you tomorrow." she waved and walked away.

Kai watched her for a few moments, his heart thudding loudly.

He suddenly ran after her and grabbed onto her hand. "I'll....I'll take the train back with you." he blurted.

Hyesu watched him in confusion. "But you stay in the other direction."

"I want to send you home." Kai took her hand and walked her to the platform. "And I like taking trains."

Hyesu blinked up and him and back down at their interlaced hands. "But-"

"I want to send my girlfriend home, is it that bad?" Kai looked at her. He instantly reddened and looked away. "No actually it's because I like trains. Nothing to do with you."

But then his hands tightened around hers and Hyesu broke into a small smile. She followed after him and giggled softly.

Yes, she liked trains too.

 

 

------

 

Oh you're seriously testing me this one.

Your story plot had nothing to do with the title you wanted and I just had to cramp "trains" into the story. Rather clumsy, I think. But oh well....