Loving You

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

Username: ccvanilla1528
 Male Idols: Jung Daehyun
 Female Character: Choi Yoomi
 Plot: Daehyun was really tired when he got home. Instead of being welcome by Yoomi's hug and kisses he was greeted by Yoomi with an angry face. He was really tired of her attitude. Daehyun suddenly shout at Yoomi unintentionally. Yoomi was so shocked.She burst out from tears and started running away, away from Daehyun.. Daehyun immediately chased Yoomi but he can't find Yoomi. He was very worried because Yoomi didnt even bother to get her jacket. It was a very cold night. He imagined what if Yoomi will disappear in his life. He can't live without her. So, he immediately try to find Yoomi. He went to their secret place and he found her crying and shivering. He smiled and went to her and hugged her.
 Genre: romance, fluff
 Title: Loving You

 

-----

 

Daehyun trudged home, tired.

Being married and a husband was taking it's toll on him. Here he was, 25, married and with a stable office job, he thought he would be happy. He always thought he would be one of those people who would have a happy life and happy marriage.

It seemed this was much harder to attain than he thought.

Unlike when he was merely 19 or 20, now he worked because he had to. He had to support his parents who were going to retire soon, he had to support his wife's parents as well, and his wife, Yoomi. All of them depended on him and after a screwed up day at work, he was full of frustration.

He thought about Yoomi and he calmed down. His wife, his lovely wife.

He remembered the first time when he met her at their secret place, or not very secret place: The playground.

It was a day like this one, a screwed up day at work. Daehyun had just joined the company and many of the veterans were testing his capabilities, especially his tolerance, with their sharp witted and painful comments coming in every direction every single second.

He felt like and he wandered around, not going home. He had been staying with his parents in the neighborhood then, and when he and Yoomi got married, they got an apartment near his parents as well.

He wandered all the way to the playground and was surprised to see someone else there at the time of the night. Someone that wasn't a kid.

She had been sitting on one of the swings, swinging to and fro as she hummed a simple tune. Daehyun had been captured by her voice that very moment and he found himself walking closer without meaning to. He sat down and listened to her, and Yoomi had given him a sweet smile before continuing to sing.

He realized he knew the tune and he sang together, their voices merging as one.

The first moment they met, and he already felt like they connected.

Daehyun clutched his coat tighter as it started to snow. He jogged back to the house, eager to meet his wife again. Hug her and feel her warmth, kiss her and breathe in her scent. Home wasn't home without her.

He opened the door and Yoomi immediately came into sight. "Babe-"

"Why are you so late?" Yoomi snapped, arms crossed in front of her chest. "I called you a dozen times and you didn't pick up!" she shrilled.

Daehyun's head ached at her high pitch. "Babe, I thought I told you that it was the end of the business quarter and I had to work overtime." he muttered, closing the door behind him. "My phone's battery went flat."

Yoomi narrowed her eyes at him. "Oh really? I called your office and no one picked up! Don't lie to me!" she growled.

Daehyun frowned, snapping his head to her. Did she not trust him? "We were in the meeting room, no one was at their office seats so naturally no one picked up." he explained. "Why are you acting paranoid, Yoomi?" he asked, his tone getting harder. "I work hard and come home at 10 at night. I expect a loving wife who asks about my day, gives me a hug and kiss and maybe even a warm bowl of soup on this cold night."

His eyes flashed at her. "And what do I get? A suspicious wife who suspects everything."

Yoomi choked. "Are you saying that I'm not good enough for you right now?" Daehyun frowned. "Hey I never said that-"

"I knew it!" Yoomi gasped, tearing up. "You don't love me anymore and you found someone. I knew it, I knew it. No one would want a housewife compared to some capable y career lady. You don't want me anymore!"

"CHOI YOOMI!" Daehyun boomed. He was surprised by the volume of his voice. "Stop being ridiculous! I never said anything like that! You're behaving like a mad woman!"

Yoomi took a step back. "Mad woman?" she whispered. She turned away to hide her tears and bolted out of the door in her black sweats and tee, with her bedroom slippers.

Daehyun cursed under his breath and rolled his eyes, not making a move to follow. He punched his fist against the wall and growled angrily. What was up with her? She was acting as if he was a cheating husband, as if he didn't love her? God, did she even remember how he said he loved her every morning before he left for work?

Sure it seemed like a habit and a ritual, but every time Daehyun said it and he kissed her goodbye, he meant it with all his heart.

How could she suspect his sincerity or his love? It was an insult.

Daehyun looked around at the small home of theirs and noticed that there was a pot on the table. He walked over to it slowly and opened the lid. Mouth-watering aroma drifted up to his nose and he took a deep whiff, closing his eyes. Hmmm, his favorite onion stew.

His eyes suddenly watered when he remembered what he said to her. He wanted a wife who would kiss and hug him when he got home, giving him a bowl of hot soup. The reality of what he had said hit him right then and he his heel, his heart in his throat.

He was such a jerk. She shouldn't have suspected his feelings, but he shouldn't have said those things to her. His eyes widened when her realized it was snowing and Yoomi had run away with a cotton T-shirt and sweats. He cursed fluently as he grabbed a coat and ran out of the house.

Where would she be? Could he reach her in time before she froze?

He was more than plain worried and he was shivering, not because of the cold. Tears fogged his eyes and he blinked them away so he could see clearly. He didn't want anything to happen to her. She was his everything, he couldn't lose her ever.

They promised each other to stand by each other's side even when the going got tough. He had to keep that promise.

Daehyun's eyes widened when he thought of something and he turned, running to the playground instead. He saw her, sitting on top of the slide and hugging her knees, shivering as the snow embedded itself in her hair. Daehyun climbed up the slide and wordlessly put the coat around her.

She shivered as she looked up at him, letting out an uneven breath that fogged the air momentarily.

Daehyun flinched. She looked so broken. "I'm sorry." Daehyun wiped away her tears softly. "I didn't mean what I said. You're the best wife I can ever get, and I want you no matter how it is. I love you, please don't doubt that okay?"

Yoomi nodded and buried her face in his chest as he held her. "I'm sorry too. I was...not thinking straight." Daehyun nodded, kissing the top of her head.

The both of them walked back home, the snow falling all around them and freezing the earth, but the fire within their palms burned bright as they held hands.

"Oppa." Yoomi stopped in front of their door. She looked up at him, biting his lips. "The reason why I was...insecure just then was because....because I didn't know how you'd think of this because we never discussed it before."

Daehyun blinked at her in confusion. "Discuss what?"

Yoomi looked up at him, her eyes twinkling. "I'm pregnant."

Daehyun took several moments to react. Everything clicked into place. She was insecure because she didn't know if he would still love her if she was fat and pregnant. If he wanted the baby. If she would become a burden.

And holy , he was going to become a father.

Daehyun broke into the widest smile possible and instead of telling he what he felt about it, he wrapped his arms around her and captured her lips in the most passionate of kisses.

Happy, would be quite the understatement.