Not that cold after all

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

username: Nikelf
 male: EXO M Kris
 female: Park MinJi
 plot: when the cold-hearted-looking leader falls in love & tried to confess to the girl
 genre: fluff,romance
 title: Not that cold after all

 

-----

 

Minji laughed heartily, clutching her tummy. "And then next question?"

Xiumin, glad that he had an audience as compared to when he talked to the EXO boys and they hardly bothered listening to his jokes, continued on enthusiastically. "A granny wants to cross a river. How should she do it?"

Minji tapped her chin deep in thought. "Uhm...find a piece of wood and try to..I don't know, build a temporary bridge?"

"Ding Dong Deng." Xiumin sang. "She can just swim across because the crocodiles in the river are all at the king's party!"

"Hyung that's so lame!" Tao wrinkled his nose.

Xiumin made a face. "Yeah? I forbid you on my bed for our monthly cuddling sessions anymore." he wagged a finger.

Minji laughed.

The EXO-M boys were the most epic people she had ever met.

Lay was by far the most normal of them all because he was friendly, easy to talk to, and he didn't have any weird habits.

Tao liked to walk by the beach by himself and really, for a nineteen year old that sounded pretty solitary. Chen was good in singing, like uber good, and he was a furious gamer when he was at home.

Xiumin was the group's joker and resembled a bun. He was the oldest but didn't act like it at all. Luhan was prettier than any guy Minji had ever seen and was soft and meek, and she never even saw him raise his voice before.

And now the last one, Kris Wu. Minji had to roll her eyes at that one.

That guy, was the most egotistical, self-absorbed, cocky piece of hotness in the world. Ever.

Whenever Kris was around, it was like he controlled the conversations, his aura making everyone take notice of him even when they didn't mean to, his silent gaze watching silently and unconsciously intimidating everyone.

Kris had always been cold, especially so to Minji.

Even through the years she had known Exo and bonded with the rest of them, they never had anything more than five lines of talking every month. No wait, that was still an overestimation.

Kris ignored her all the time as if she wasn't worth his attention and when he did pay attention to her, his words came out rude and heartless.

Even so, Minji couldn't help get attracted to him.

How could you not? When he practically walked out of the manga book. He was hot and he knew it, firing his egotistical self to fiery extents.

But underneath all that cold demeanor, Minji knew that he was a passionate and kind person, and that person just chose not to reveal himself ever. So yes, she had a tiny tiny tinyyyyyy crush on him, in contradiction to what she wanted to feel.

Kris watched Minji silently as she talked to Xiumin.

He didn't know when he started noticing her. His initial actions and reactions to her were truthful and completely real. She annoyed him, a lot.

She talked and blabbered all the time with Xiumin, not knowing when to shut up. Her voice was cheery and she smiled at everyone as if they gave her a million dollars. Like seriously.

But he didn't know why, her smiles made him happy. Her giggles were like music to his ears and he started to care. Yes darn, the mighty Kris Wu started to pay attention to a girl and it wasn't in his plan to do so.

Kris didn't know how but he actually fell in love with her and he never showed it. He always only watched silently from the side because he didn't know how to express his feelings. He had always been cold to her, how was he supposed to tell her he felt fiery passion and love for her all of a sudden? Like bipolar much?

Kris let out a sigh as he saw Chen and Minji joking around and he wished he could be like that with her. If only he wasn't so uptight and nervous whenever he was aorund her.

"Dude." Lay tapped his shoulder. "You like her, say it. Are you always going to just look at her from a distance? That's so...not you."

Kris made a face. "It's hard." he muttered.

"Hard?" Lay smirked. "I tell you, it's even harder if Minji gets together with another guy when she's sick of waiting for you to warm up to her. Just a warning, I heard Jaejoong from the next class has his sights set on her and you know how Jaejoong is with girls. No female can say no to him. You better act fast."

Kris glanced at Minji. Should he?

-----

"Yah Park Minji."

Minji stopped in her tracks, almost thinking that she imagined that voice. She looked back and goodness gracious, it was Kris looking at her expectantly with his lips pursed, as if he just called her name.

"I said, Park Minji." He spoke. Minji's eyes widened. So he really did call her name?

"What?" Minji muttered, shuffling over. Kris cleared his throat. "I have to go somewhere, follow me." he clicked a button and his car unlocked with a merry tone. Minji stared at the intimidating Audi and quietly followed, knowing it was never good to go against the duizhang.

Kris drove them to a eatery with the 1980s theme with red and white cushioned seats and waitresses serving burgers and fries while skating on pink roller skates. Minji brightened, she had wanted to come visit this restaurant for a long time.

Kris sat down and passed her the menu, to her surprise. "We're eating here?" she blurted.

Kris gave her a look. "No, we're here to learn yoga." he muttered. "Duh we're eating here, what did you expect us to do?" Minji eyed him in surprise. "But you don't eat junk food and there's nothing other than there being served here. You're so conscious of your diet and eating habits."

Kris pursed his lips, not looking at her. "But you like this place, don't you?" he didn't look at her as he studied the menu.

Warmth spread throughout Minji and she gave a small smile. So maybe he wasn't that bad as she imagined. She looked through the menu and bit her lip. "I'll have a fish fillet burger with cheese wedges." she murmured.

Kris called the waitress over and seconded her order. She couldn't help but notice how the waitress had batted her eyelashes a little more than naturally at Kris and how the guy kept his eyes on her the whole time. The waitress went away, sending Minji an envious look, as if Minji was Kris's girlfriend or something. Like hahaha, right?

Minji bit her lip carefully as she looked at Kris. "So why did you bring me here?"

"To eat." Kris muttered, suddenly looking away.

Minji blinked. Wait, was the duizhang blushing? She cracked a grin. "No seriously, you hardly say anything to me most of the times and now you're bringing me out to this restaurant I've always wanted to go." she eyed him. "Something's up, Wu Yifan."

Kris swallowed. "What, isn't this what most couples did? Go out on dates?" he pointed to other couples around them.

Minji's eyes widened as she stared at him with an open mouth. "Wait, but we-" she faltered, not able to believe his words.

Kris looked away embarrassedly. "Stop gaping like a goldfish."

She laughed and leaned closer. "Was that a confession right there or did I dream it?" she mused. "You referred to us as a couple." she pointed to him and her.

Kris threw her an annoyed look. "Are you that dense? I thought I was obvious already." he snapped. "You don't want to date this hot bod?"

"HOT BOD!" Minji burst into laughter and Kris looked away, clearing his throat. Oh this was harder than he thought. "Fine fine," Kris snapped. "So I like you okay? Will you be my...the thing you call...the other person in a relationship."

"Girlfriend?" Minji breathed between giggles.

"Yes." Kris hissed. "So will you?"

Minji leaned forward and patted his cheek. "Thank goodness, Kris Wu, that you're a hot bod. No guy out there would have confessed by calling the girl a goldfish but you." she grinned.

"So will you or not?" Kris muttered, grabbing her hand.

Minji smiled. "Sure thing, hot bod."