The Clingy Manager

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT


1. Username: Seolwi
2. Featuring male idol(s): Jae Joong
3. Featuring female (OC or idol, please give a name for the OC): Seol Wi
4: Plot (Not too long please, it's a oneshot. A scenario would be good): Seol Wi is Jae Joong's new manager. She's very clingy to jae cause she's his number 1 fan since TVXQ debuted. But suddenly 1 day , Seol wi started to distance herself from Jae. And Jae started to panic ..
5: Genre: comedy, fluff
6: Title: The Clingy Manager

 

-----

 

"Jae~"

Jaejoong groaned and buried his face in his hands. Not again. "Yes Seolwi?"

"Jae, you've got a schedule at two later in the afternoon, just to remind you." Seolwi smiled prettily, her face flushed as she came running towards him with her hands full of clothes. "And these are your clothes for later. I've already given the others theirs."

Jaejoong took the clothes from her, not meeting her eyes. "Fine."

Seolwi stood there and smiled at him expectantly, as if waiting for him to say something more. To be honest, his personal manager Seolwi was pretty good looking.

She had a pretty smile and was better looking than ordinary korean girls. She was attentive and sensitive, and paid attention to all details which made her a great manager. She organized Jaejoong's schedule like a pro and even made sure to give him ample rest by bargaining with the company.

She could be the best manager yet.

But she was also a fan.

Jaejoong found out that she was a DBSK fan when she accidentally left her phone with him and she saw DBSK as her background image. He realized that she had actually been a fan of him since DBSK debuted and he recognized her face from some fan meetings.

No wonder he found her familiar.

Seolwi was a little too clingy for his liking. She wasn't an obsessive girlfriend type but since she was his manager, she saw him almost every second of the day. She was hardworking in the sense that she would go to his house to make his breakfast before his schedules, knowing that he had the tendency to skip them.

But hey he was a single guy living alone. What if he liked sleeping like Gary from Running man? And when he walked around and saw his manager cooking breakfast for him? Like what?

It was a little unsettling for a fan to be his manager and Jaejoong was afraid she would like him too much. He liked to keep things just business you see.

Jaejoong looked at Seolwi with pointed brows. "Is anything else the matter?"

Seolwi's face fell. "Oh nothing. I'll go and...find something to do." she scampered away to sit at the corridor while Jaejoong sat in the waiting room by himself.

A little lonesome, but s would return soon. He felt a little bad pushing Seolwi away all the time but he was just trying to save her from breaking her heart right? She couldn't like him, they were in a business relationship, nothing more!

Jaejoong reached forward to eat a bun that Seolwi had prepared for him and wondered why he felt a little empty inside.

-----

"You're too mean to her." Junsu shook his head. "She's still your manager. You can't make her sit out there like some poor thing while you get the comfort of the waiting room."

Jaejoong made a face. "She's too clingy, Junsu." he muttered. "Always smiling brightly at me like I'm the god in her life for real. It's freaky okay? And then when I don't have schedules, she'll ask what I'm doing and if I want to go out for a drink or something...like no. She's my manager. She should stay as that. My personal life is not her business."

"You're mean." Junsu concluded. "She's a manager but inside she's still a girl. You're hurting her and someday she'll leave you. Your manager is the best out of all of ours, Jaejoong hyung. You better not chase her away."

"Meh." Jaejoong rolled his eyes.

Yoochun entered at this point with Seolwi. "Hyung what are you doing, making your manager squat by the door." he muttered. "You're mean."

"Told you." Junsu whispered.

Jaejoong just made a face and looked away from Seolwi when she tried to meet his eyes. Burden.

-----

"Your schedule is pretty free for today, Jaejoong." Seolwi read off her book. Jaejoong raised his brows. Jaejoong and not Jae today? "Just the recording at 10am in one hour's time and you're free for the rest of the day."

She passed him a bag. "This is your outfit." she bowed. "If' there's nothing else." she left.

Jaejoong stared at her in surprise, wondering what was with her exceptional behavior. She almost behaved like...like his past managers. Wow.

"Maybe she found someone else  to fangirl over." Jaejoong laughed at his deduction as he pulled out his clothes.

-----

Jaejoong finished the three hour recording and was beyond starved. He changed into his comfortable clothes and looked around, expecting Seolwi to be there with his favorite Japanese bento from around the street but she was nowhere to be seen.

He reached for his phone and saw a text from her.

"Hope the recording went well. I left first because there weren't any schedules for the rest of the day and you don't need me. Enjoy your rest time."

Jaejoong blinked at the cold emotionless text. Why, it seemed like she suddenly turned into someone else altogether. He hardly saw her more than five minutes that day.

He shrugged. It was a good change, right?

-----

"Seolwi." Jaejoong smiled at his manager as he opened the bento. "Thanks for the bento."

"No problem, I'm your manager." Seolwi nodded. She turned to go and Jaejoong felt unknown panic rising in him. He grabbed her hand urgently. "Where are you going?"

"To eat. With the other crew." she pointed.

Jaejoong frowned. The other managers of the other celebrities too ate with their agents. Since managers were around the celebrities most of the times, their relationship was most often than not, close. And Seolwi had always sat with Jaejoong when they had lunch in the middle of filming. Why the sudden change?

"But you usually eat with me." Jaejoong pulled out another chair. Seolwi shook her head and gave him a business cold smile. "It's time to change."

And then she walked away.

-----

Jaejoong was beyond puzzled. Seolwi was still his manager. She still did her tasks and she was excellent at her job.

But was it weird that he hardly talked more than ten sentences to her every day even though they were together for most of the hours? She never called to ask about his well being anymore, not more chats, no more expectant looks. It seemed like she turned into the perfect business woman all of a sudden. A business woman that didn't want anything to do with him.

Jaejoong was beginning to believe Seolwi had a boyfriend and he didn't like the sound of it at all. "Seolwi, don't go yet." Jaejoong stopped her when she was about to drive off after dropping him off at his apartment. "Come up for a drink."

Seolwi looked away. "It's really okay, Jaejoong."

"Come up, I said so." Jaejoong insisted. He went over to her side of the car and pulled her out. Seolwi had no choice but to follow him, looking upset the whole time. Jaejoong frowned, did she suddenly detest him?

They reached his house and he went to change while Seolwi made coffee, like they used to. She was sipping her own cup when Jaejoong came out in fresh jeans and a shirt. "Ah comfy." he smiled. He blinked at her shoes. "Why haven't you taken off your shoes?"

"I'm going soon. After this." Seolwi drank her coffee in large gulps. Jaejoong frowned and snatched the cup from her. "Yah, are you rushing to a date or something?"

"What are you talking about?" Seolwi asked calmly, reaching for her cup. "Please give me the cup back, Jaejoong."

"Look, it's Jaejoong again. Does your boyfriend not allow you to call me Jae?" Jaejoong demanded. "Tell me the truth, Seolwi, are you dating someone?"

Seolwi looked away, taking a deep breath. "Jaejoong, I'm just your manager. You don't have the right to ask those things."

"The right?" Jaejoong gaped. "Woman, one day that you're Kim Jaejoong's manager is a day that you'll not be allowed to date. I forbid you having a boyfriend, you hear me?" he growled.

Seolwi whipped her head towards him and he was surprised to see the tears in her eyes. "Now you're acting like a spoilt child!" she shrieked. "Why can't I date? I'm just your manager! This rule wasn't even written in the contract! Who I date or if I date is none of your business! You wanted a pure business relationship didn't you? You didn't want a clingy manager! That's what I'm doing so why are you making it so hard for me?" she screamed.

Jaejoong blinked, his eyes wide. He remembered the conversation he had with Junsu and that when Yoochun went into the room with Seolwi, he said she had been squating outside the room. "You heard?"

Seolwi wiped away her tears, taking a deep breath. "If you want a purely business relationship, you have no right asking me to stop dating." she let out an uneven breath. "I can date whoever I want to."

"No." Jaejoong blurted. "You can't."

Seolwi gaped at him and rolled her eyes. "What do you want!" she shrieked. "This is not a business relationship if you keep butting into my personal business!"

"I changed my mind. I don't want a business relationship." Jaejoong reached out to take her hand. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said those things. I must have hurt you badly."

Seolwi looked away, wiping at her cheeks madly. She sniffled and refused to look at him. "Seolwi." Jaejoong whispered. "I'm sorry. I never treated you well when you were there and now when you aren't, I miss you. I'm sorry that I didn't know how to treasure what I had. Please...don't date anyone else."

Seolwi turned to him, surprised.

"Date me." Jaejoong searched her eyes. "Hm?"

Seolwi's lips curled up in a small smile. "Yes."