Protecting you

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

Username: WishUpon5SHINeeStarz
 Featuring male idol: Taemin
 Featuring female idol: Sulli
 Plot: Taemin and Sulli are siblings, and their parents are very abusive and treated them harshly. A week before christmas, Taemin found out he had cancer, and was only expected to live for two years. On Christmas Eve, Taemin brought Sulli to the rooftop of a building. He told Sulli how much he loved him, and how he is going to make their sufferings end and that he would never let their parents harm them ever again. He then hugged Sulli, and attempted to push both of them off the building. Sulli grew scared and beg Taemin to stop but he told her he is only doing this because he loves her and its better this way because if he dies, no one would protect her from their parents. In the end both fall, and you can decided the ending :) but make at least one of them die, please? ^^
 Genre: HEAVY ANGST
 Title: Protecting You

 

-----

 

Taemin winced when he saw the bruises on his sister's arm. He grabbed her hand and pulled the sleeve up, frowning at the purplish spots on her fair arm. "When did he do this?"

Sulli quickly retracted her hand and pulled the sleeve to her palms. "It's okay, oppa."

Taemin raked his fingers through his hair irritably and sighed. "It's not okay, Sulli." his voice croaked. Why did he and his sister end up in a family like this? Such a rotton family like this?

"When did this happen?" he questioned. "They managed to get to you when I wasn't around?" he felt so guilty. He felt like he had the responsibility to care for Sulli's safety as her elder brother and blamed himself whenever she got hurt.

"When you were bathing." Sulli admitted, rubbing her arms and hanging her head. "I hid in our room like you told me to but appa came to-"

"Don't call him that." Taemin snapped. He sighed and rubbed his temples when he saw Sulli's startled expression. "I'm sorry for snapping at you but a person like that isn't worth us calling them appa and umma. That man and that woman."

Sulli nodded. "That...that man grabbed me and you know," she shrugged uncomfortably. "The usual. How we two are a burden to them and all." she bit her lip, sighing at the memory. They once yearned for their parents' love and watched enviously as other children received birthday gifts and had caring parents waiting for them after school. Taemin and Sulli never had that.

And some where along the way, they lost hope. They never hoped for their parents to care for them anymore because they knew it was impossible. Instead, their hopes turned to wishing a day without physical abuse and a week without a scolding. Things were getting worse as both parents turned to gambling and drinking and now drugs. They didn't have the money to fund their hobbies and found that having two children were taking up most of their spare cash.

Taemin began working and had stopped schooling two years ago to keep up with his parents' need for money. He had insisted for Sulli to continue with her education no matter what and it caused a great deal of whipping and beatings for him, but he didn't care. He wanted his sister to at least finish High School education no matter what happened.

"I'm sorry." Taemin croaked. "I'm sorry I wasn't there."

Sulli smiled and shook her head. "You can't always be there for me, oppa." she shrugged. "You've already suffered so many rounds of beatings for me." she eyed his back. The siblings never got to wear anything other than long sleeved sweaters and some times even turtle necks. This, even in the summer. They had to hide their bruises and scars or people would just stare.

"Anyway, I've got to go to work now." Taemin patted her head. "Go the library to study and I'll pick you up when I'm done." Sulli nodded and grabbed her books, shoving them into a patched up bag.

Taemin gave her a worn out smile before he trudged off to work.

-----

Taemin fainted at work that day.

He was sent to the hospital immediately and his manager paid for the medical bills, wanting to do a little something for the hardworking boy who came everyday. He woke up in a cold hospital ward and squinted, recognizing his manager's hunched form sitting on a chair.

Taemin groaned as he sat up, accepting his manager's help. "Hyungnim." Taemin nodded with a weak smile. "What happened?" he looked around.

The manager looked at him. "You fainted, Taemin."

Taemin frowned. He had been doing this a little too frequently lately. "Ah, I'm sorry to have troubled you, Hyungnim. I'll pay you the medical fees some time later-"

"Taemin." the manager cut him off, looking at him seriously. "You've got cancer. You've only got two years left." he broke down in tears. "I'm so sorry Taemin."

-----

Taemin fell down on the ground and winced, groaning. "You stupid boy!" his mother slapped him. "You didn't even bring enough money for a pack of this time!"

Taemin cursed under his breath as he tried getting up and his father kicked him in the stomach, causing him to fall back down. "Can't you just die? I'm tired of seeing you two." he muttered. "Money waster."

Sulli flew to her brother's side when their parents walked away and she was sobbing madly like she always did when he suffered beatings like this. Taemin grimaced as he sat up and Sulli quickly helped him up. "Oppa.."

Taemin looked back at the home they were living in, if it was even called that. The broken beer bottles. The dozen cigarette buds. The little plastic packets that were dry by his parents when they consumed the drugs.

This was hell on Earth. Why did he and Sulli have to bear something like this?

He was going to die anyway, why not bring forth what was coming?

Taemin got to his feet, cringing at the pain. Sulli helped him walk and frowned at him confusedly. "Oppa where are you going?"

"We've got to go somewhere, Sulli." Taemin croaked. "I want to bring you somwhere so that you'll be a lot happier." he forced a smile. Sulli let herself be led as Taemin walked them to the nearest building and pressed the button for the escalator.

He picked the highest level and Sulli just followed, trusting her brother completely.

He led them to the rooftop and collasped near the edge of the ledge. Sulli pulled him back immediately. "Oppa what are we doing here?" she looked scared. "You'll fall down if y ou stand so near to the ledge, come here a little." she pulled him.

"Sulli ah, don't you want to be free of this pain and suffering?" Taemin whispered. Sulli processed her brother's words and her eyes widened, her gaze darting to the ledge. "Wait. You don't mean you want to-"

She shook her head and tore away from him, frightened. Tears were running down her cheeks continuously and she couldn't stop them. "Oppa don't do this. I'm going to be of legal age soon and we can get out of here." she begged. "We'll work and earn enough money and we'll lead a comfortable peaceful life. Don't give up so easily, oppa, please."

Taemin looked at her brokenly. "That's not possible, Sulli. If I'm not around, I can't protect you from our parents. If I'm not around, even if you're of legal age and you can run away from home, there are greater dangers out there that I can't protect you from. If I can't be here to protect you, isn't it best that we end it?"

Sulli swallowed. "Why won't you be here to protect me?" she croaked. "Oppa..."

"Sulli ah." Taemin whispered. "I have cancer. Two years left."

He met her eyes and she understood why he was doing this. It was a naive stupid thought but in his opinion, it was the only way. They didn't have much of a future in a household like this and if he wasn't there to help, she wouldn't survive either.

Taemin raised his hand and watched her.

Silence ensued and Sulli thought about it seriously, a thousand things running through her mind. Her life. His life. Cancer.

She lifted her hand and placed it in his. Taemin smiled.

Together, they made their way to the ledge and stared down at the busy street of Seoul. "Shouldn't we have chosen a less busy street to do this?" Sulli joked weakly. "We'll scare them."

Taemin smiled softly. "They'll get over it." he tightened his grip on her hand. "Ready?"

Sulli met his eyes and nodded.

And then they jumped.

....

Heaven was a better place. A much better place.

And at least he was there to protect her.

 

 

------

No offense but I honestly hated writing this.

I hate angst, depression and sadistic s. And not to mention this involved my beloved Taemin *MY POOR BABY* I couldn't....I couldn't write the actual death. So I skipped it. Mianhae.