Just be a man, Luhan!

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

Username: infinitely-yours
 Featuring male: Luhan :3 also EXO to be Luhan's friends
 Featuring female: Park Anjelle (OC)
 Plot: Anjelle likes Luhan alot. Luhan likes her back. Their problem is everytime that they try to confront each other, they chicken out or something unexpected always happens. Luhan's friends couldn't stand their situation so they tried to help Luhan to make a move, especially their school prom is inching closer.
 Genre: fluff, romcom
 Title: Just be a man, Luhan!!

 

-----

 

"Today you're going to do this, Xi Luhan." Luhan checked his attire from his reflection in the mirror. He forced a nervous smile and swallowed, hard. "Today is different from all the other days. Today, you will do it."

Luhan pumped his fist in the air and jogged out of his room, grabbing his bag. He bade goodbye to his mother and took the bus to school, meeting Chen and Baekhyun on the way. They grinned at him knowingly as they caught the sight of a single rose stalk hidden in his bag.

"Someone wants to confess today." Chen chuckled in amusement. "Hyung, are you sure you'll do it this time."

Luhan looked offended. "I will." he defended. "This time will be different from all the other times."

Baekhyun raised a brow skeptically at Luhan. "That being said, you've repeated this sentence at least a million times since I can remember." he joked. "Hyung, are you sure today is the day you'll actually do it?"

When Baekhyun asked it like that, Luhan felt unsure again. Gosh, why was he such a coward?

He liked Anjelle for a long long time. He had been mesmerised by her beauty when the half-british half-korean girl came to their school for the first time, and lucky for him, he had been assigned to be her desk partner. They got closer and he found that the girl inside was as beautiful as her exterior.

It wasn't long before he fell in love with her.

He found out that he loved her around a year ago. From then onwards, he had tried so many times to bring up his feelings but failed, chickening out. He was ashamed of his own guts but when Anjelle's large sparkly eyes were looking up at him expectantly, he really couldn't say the words.

Oh Luhan...

The boys got to school and met up with the other EXO boys. The EXO boys knew of Luhan's feelings for Anjelle and were extremely impatient for the two to get together. Chanyeol and Xiumin were good friends of Anjelle as well and she had told them first hand that she liked Luhan back.

The other EXO boys also thought it was pretty obvious that the girl liked Luhan since she always blushed and giggled in his presence. They didn't know what Luhan was afraid of since rejection was definitely not in his list of possible outcomes.

"I heard you're trying again today, hyung." Sehun patted Luhan's shoulders. "Good luck."

Luhan nodded, swallowing. He saw Anjelle walking in from the door and he immediately stiffened. He almost forgot all about his confession until he felt Kris hand the stalk of rose from his bag to him, and his fingers curled around the rose delicately.

Anjelle had a bag of freshly made cookies in her hands and she looked equally nervous. She caught sight of Luhan and her cheeks flamed as she gave him a shy smile.

Anjelle approached Luhan and the two of them smiled awkwardly. "H-Hi." Anjelle cleared , pinking. Luhan rubbed the back of his neck, nodding. "Yeah. Hi."

Anjelle felt awkward and she looked back at the other EXO boys who were eying the two like a bunch of eagles. "Hi guys." she waved. The boys chorused their greetings until Suho ushered them off to give the couple more space.

Luhan risked a glance at Anjelle and bit his lip. "Uhm Anjelle-"

"Luhan-"

They faltered and cleared their throat in unison. "You go first." Luhan gestured. Anjelle looked alarmed and she shook her head. "No you go first."

Luhan bit his lip. "No, ladies first. I insist." his fingers clutched desperately at the stalk of rose behind him.

Anjelle took a deep breath and she passed him the bag of cookies. "These are for you, Luhan. I uh made them for you." her reddened. Luhan took the bag with a smile. "Thank you."

"And uhm actually I..." Anjelle swallowed. "I...you...I....uh nevermind." she wringed her hands desperately. She looked at him. "What did you want to tell me?"

Luhan opened his mouth to say the words but nothing came out. His heart was racing so quickly and he could hardly think. "Nothing." he faked a smile. "I forgot."

Anjelle laughed and nodded. "Arraso. Tell me when you remember. I'll go to class, you go too, Luhan." she waved and went to her locker to grab her books. Luhan smacked his own head and squeezed his eyes shut. AISH LUHAN!!!!

He looked behind and saw eleven heads shaking at him, clicking their tongues. Oh boy.

------

"What's so difficult about confessing?" Tao murmured. "I'm annoyed. Luhan hyung is taking such a long time."

"That's why we're going to help him." Lay concluded. "The senior Prom is coming up, we're going to have to do something about it. Force them two to say their feelings."

Kai rubbed his hands together with a sly grin. "I have just the idea how."

------

"Omo, I can't believe we have the same dress and same mask, unnie." Kai's little sister, Jaemi flustered. Anjelle took in the girl's peach colored mask and cream coloured dress. Even her hairdo looked similar to hers. Once they wore the masks, no one could tell them apart except for the fact that Anjelle was taller.

"It's okay. We'll just be confusing a whole lot of people." Anjelle laughed good-naturedly.

On the other hand, Luhan was puzzled as to why Sehun insisted on wearing the same kind of tuxedo, same shirt, same bowtie, same mask, and even the dyeing the same coloured hair as him. Luhan put on his mask and Sehun did so as well. Luhan blinked. "I think we look exactly the same."

Sehun grinned. "That's cause we are best friends! BEST FRIENDS!!!" he celebrated.

Kai appeared at this moment and he laughed. "I can't believe it. My sister and Anjelle are wearing the same dress and mask." he pointed at the two. "I think you'll have a hard time figuring out which one is your girl, hyung."

Luhan blinked and from a distance, it was really quite hard to tell which was Anjelle. He only recognized her because Anjelle was slightly taller and fairer.

The music was played and soon couples took to the centre of the dance floor. Luhan stayed at the side since he didn't want to go dancing around with anyone other than Anjelle. Sehun tapped his shoulder. "I'll go find your girl to dance with her. Just one dance alright, hyung?"

Luhan pouted enviously as he watched Sehun ask Anjelle to dance. If only he had that guts. Then, a girl wearing a similar dress came over to him with a bright smile. "Luhan oppa, it's me, Jaemi, Kai's sister." Luhan smiled, nodding and recognizing the girl. "I'm a little lonely right now because my boyfriend went to the restroom. Can you dance with me to keep me accompany?"

"Sure." Luhan put down his drink and led Jaemi to the dance floor.

They twirled around and chatted easily. "So how's things with your boyfriend, Ricky?" Luhan asked.

"Fine." Jaemi grinned. "Ricky's a little too childish but I like that." she narrowed her eyes at him. "How about you, do you have someone you like, Luhan oppa?"

Luhan his lips and darted his gaze to the other girl on the dance floor with the same dress. "Uhm..."

"Come on, Luhan oppa, I promise I won't tell." Jaemi wriggled her eyebrows. Luhan sighed. "Fine."

At this point, the dance required both girl and guy to twirl around twice before taking each other's hands again. Luhan and Anjelle began twirling and Jaemi and Sehun set their plan in action. They snuck off the dance floor without them noticing and hid behind the pillar in anticipation.

After Luhan finished twirling, he didn't find Jaemi anywhere, only to see the same dressed girl a few feet away. *She must not be very good at dancing.* he assumed. He went to her and grabbed her hands, continuing the dance. She smiled at him and Luhan blinked, slightly taken aback by how beautiful her smile was.

Luhan continued dancing with the girl and he sighed. "Fine, I'll tell you then." he continued with the conversation. "I actually like Anjelle." he looked around. "Don't tell anyone."

He pursed his lips in frustration. "No actually? I'm in love with her. But I don't know why I can't work out the courage to tell her! It's so frustrating!" he grumbled. "The EXO boys keep encouraging me and I almost did it, standing in front of her with the stalk of rose behind my back. If only I said that three words!"

The girl stared at him with wide eyes.

Luhan chuckled bitterly. "Are you that surprised that I love Anjelle? I thought Kai would have told you." he frowned and stopped in his tracks. "Wait, I'm pretty sure Kai told you. And you asked me about this before."

His eyes widened in recognition as he took in the sight of the girl he just spilled his heart to. Anjelle took off her mask and her lips curled up in a wide smile. "I had no idea."

Luhan groaned and glad he had the mask to cover his embarrassed state. "I was tricked! I didn't mean to do it like this!"

Anjelle giggled and stepped nearer to him, taking off his mask. "I didn't know it was you, I thought I was still dancing with Sehun." she mused. "But I'm glad for the mix up."

Anjelle beamed at him. "Because I love you too."