Wait for me?

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

Username: pavister
 Male idol: Jaejoong of DBSK
 Featuring female: Shin Min Ah (OC)
 Plot: Jaejoong plans to confess to Min Ah about his feelings for her. Each time he attempts to, something happens and he is unable to. When Jaejoong gets to confess for one last time, Min Ah drops a bombshell - she'll be returning back to London.
 Genre: romcom
 Title: Wait for me?

 

-----

 

"Today, I'm going to confess to Min Ah."

Changmin rolled his eyes and shut his eyes, shoving a bun into his mouth and decided not to listen any longer. Junsu shook his head in amusement and yawned. Yoochun pretended he didn't hear and he continued reading his book.

Jaejoong turned to Yunho eagerly. The leader gave Jaejoong a desperate look and sighed. "Are you sure you're really going to do it this time?"

Jaejoong pouted. "Yah, you guys are so unsupportive!" he frowned at all of them. "I'm going to confess to the love of my life today, but you guys aren't encouraging me at all. Especially the maknae! Look at him!" he pointed at Changmin.

Changmin blinked at Jaejoong and moved on to his second bun nonchalantly.

"No offense, but 'Today, I'm going to confess to Min Ah." We've heard it enough times." Junsu yawned again. "And in the beginning we were all excited for you but again and again and again you try and fail. Either you're a coward or it's really true, you have a curse."

Jaejoong sulked. "It's not my fault every single time I try to confess to Min Ah something happens to stop me from saying the words." he muttered. "I want to confess alright?"

Yunho, being the leader and all yada yada yada, patted Jaejoong on the shoulder. "Fine fine. If you're really going to confess today, we'll support you." he smiled. "Make sure you really do it alright? Don't leave us hanging like you do every single time."

Jaejoong beamed. "Yes sir!"

-----

"Min Ah?" Jaejoong smiled at the part time make up artist for DBSK.

She was a really pretty girl and it was a shame that she didn't want to become a celebrity. Sometimes, people mistook her for being an artiste when they were backstage and she would bow her head, embarrassed, telling them that she was only DBSK's makeup artist.

Jaejoong liked how she was humble and not at all arrogant, easy to get along with. He liked her, period. And he had tried confessing for a long long time but things didn't work out.

Seriously, he considered going to a fortune teller. Every single time he made up his mind to want to confess to Min Ah, something would happen and he would be unable to.

The last time, he got a sudden schedule and he couldn't talk to her.

The previous time, a freaking dog was let into the studio and Min Ah, being allergic to fur, had to get out of there as fast as she could.

And the time before that, just as Jaejoong was about to say the words, his mother suddenly appeared to visit him. Like how were you going to confess to a girl when your mother was watching?

So yes, Jaejoong had a confessing curse and he could never get the words out successfully, and it wasn't even the nerves or the guts! How annoying!

Sure he could send a text to tell her how he felt but he was Hero Jaejoong alright? If he wanted to confess, he had to do it face to face.

Jaejoong inched nearer to the seemingly empty waiting room and opened the door. "Min Ah?" he called out. She whirled around, slightly startled. She was still studying in university and she worked part time as a makeup artist to help with her tuition fees. Another reason why Jaejoong loved her so much, she was so filial.

"Jaejoong oppa." Min Ah let out a sigh. "Wow you scared me. I thought you were Joori unnie, she always scolds me when she catches me studying on duty." she lifted up her notes.

Jaejoong smiled and strolled towards her. "And you think I won't scold you?"

Min Ah studied him with raised brows. "Nah. You're too nice." she grinned. Jaejoong beamed, absolutely delighted. His heart was jumping in a weird rapid fashion that only did when he was around Min Ah. Jaejoong glanced at the door. If he wanted to say the words, he had to say it soon or s would be back any time.

"Uhm Min Ah, I have something to tell you." Jaejoong sped through the words. "You see, actually I...you...uhm, from the very first time I saw you I thought you were really pretty and I couldn't stop thinking about you and what I'm actually trying to say is just that I love you okay? Be my girl."

Min Ah blinked at him, not catching a single word and her phone rang. "Hold that thought." she told him as she picked up her call. "Oh Woong? Okay, noona will be there soon so don't be scared alright?" she cooed.

She hung up, apologetic. "I'm sorry, I have to go pick up my younger brother now." she frowned at him. "I''m sorry but you were talking too fast, Jaejoong oppa. I couldn't catch it at all. Can you say it next time or is it too urgent?"

Jaejoong swallowed. "It's okay. Next time."

Min Ah gave him a bright smile and nodded, grabbing her back. "Okay. Bye Jaejoong oppa!" and she darted out of the door.

-----

"Min Ah? Are you free for a drink now? I'm at the cafe near your house." Jaejoong pulled his beanie down and stayed in his corner. He hoped no one would recognize him. It would be more than mere chaotic if some girl did.

"Oh sure! Let me get a sweater and I'll be there!" Min Ah chirped.

Jaejoong grinned. He looked around him and made a face. Nothing, NOTHING was going to stop him this time. He would tell her he loved her even if it was the last thing he did.

A few minutes passed and Min Ah called him again. Jaejoong picked up with a bright smile. "Min Ah?"

"Jaejoong oppa?" she shrilled into the phone. "I'm sorry, my younger sister is having a fever right now and I can't leave her."

Jaejoong's face fell. "How about I go to your house and tend after her as well?" he offered.

"It's okay, really, Jaejoong oppa. My sister has chicken pox right now and as far as I know, you haven't gotten them before right? It's better for you to stay away since you're a celebrity and all." Min Ah murmured. "Sorry about this, Jaejoong oppa."

"It's okay." Jaejoong sighed. "Another day."

-----

He was going to do it this time. In front of everyone in the set or through the loud speakers, he didn't care. He had to get those feelings off his chest!

Jaejoong walked over to Min Ah determinedly as she talked to DBSK's main makeup artist, Joori. He saw Joori passing an envelope to Min Ah and frowned a little. "Can I have a word with Min Ah for a bit?"

He was surprised to see both Min Ah and Joori a little teary. "Oh Jaejoong you're here. Good. Tell the others the news too, Min Ah is going to London."

Jaejoong stilled and he snapped his head towards her. "Wait. For a holiday trip?" he hoped fervently.

"No." Min Ah shook her head. "I'm returning to London together with my younger siblings since my father's business is to be moved to London. I'm going there for good."

"FOR GOOD?" Jaejoong shrieked. Joori blinked at the celebrity's reaction and Jaejoong took a deep breath. "Min Ah, can you come with me for a bit?"

Without waiting for her answer, Jaejoong pulled Joori along with him and yanked her into an empty waiting room, locking the door behind him. He turned to her, breathing heavily. "You're leaving for good."

"Yes." Min Ah nodded sadly. "Don't worry Jaejoong oppa, you can get another makeup artist soon and-"

"What about me?" Jaejoong choked. "Won't you miss me or anything?"

"I will.." Min Ah blinked. "Wait what??"

"Min Ah, you can't just leave." Jaejoong pleaded. "I love you, I haven't even gotten to say the words and now you're dropping this bombshell? You can't do this!"

Min Ah's eyes widened. "Jaejoong oppa.."

"I should have confessed earlier, even if there's a curse stopping me from doing it." Jaejoong muttered to himself. "Min Ah, I really do love you. Please don't go."

Min Ah's bottom lip wobbled. "There are long distance relationships."

Jaejoong pulled her close and hugged her tight. "I'll fly over as often as possible to see you, and you must come back often too okay?" he whispered. "And does this mean you like me back?"

Min Ah cracked a smile. Oh Jaejoong.

"Yes, yes I like you back." Min Ah buried her face in his chest. "I like you, a lot a lot."