Will you accept my heart?

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

1. Username: otp12exo
 2. Male: Lay
 3. OC: Kim Daehee
 4. Plot: lay is a popular guy and has been friends with Daehee since primary. They liked each other since that time and talked less in high school. It's the last day of high school and lay decides to tell her his feelings with exo's support. What will happen? (please keep the confession simple)
 5. Genre: romcom
 6. Title: -

 

-----

 

"Hi Lay! Looking good today?" Another guy from the soccer team grinned at Lay.

Lay laughed and fist bumped his pal. "Don't I always?" he joked. He continued walking and there would always be people walking up to him to say hello and stuff because Lay was just popular around school.

Not a mystery, really.

Lay was the captain of the soccer team and soccer was the school's star sports team. He composed songs himself and was great with the guitar, impressing everyone when the teachers made him perform at any school events. Not to mention, he was also really good looking and loads of girl liked him because he had a nice attitude and not at all snobby despite his status.

"Lay oppa! Hi!!!" Girls giggled.

Lay smiled at them and nodded as he walked to class.

The mood was a little strange that day at school. It was the last day of school after all and the students were excited for the end but also not willing for their High School life to end so quickly. Graduating from High school meant moving on to becoming half an adult already and it was scary.

Lay looked around for the one girl amongst the other hundreds, not exactly expecting her to be there because he knew her enough to know she was most likely late, as she was every other day.

Her, Kim Daehee.

Daehee and Lay were actually pretty close friends since grade school. They lived near to each other and their mothers were great friends, so when their mothers took them to school, they went together.

Lay had liked Daehee from the beginning because she was pure, she was real. She wouldn't lie to you if she didn't like anything, or faked that she liked something. When she thought you did something wrong, she told you straight in the face.

She could have offended other people but Lay didn't take it to heart. He liked that the Kim Daehee she showed to everyone was the Kim Daehee inside. She was real.

They were close till middle school, until they went to high school. Lay was automatically classified as the one of the popular ones because of his many talents and looks, while Daehee blended in with the ordinary.

Lay approached Daehee often and she was grateful that he did, until they got weird looks from everyone. Lay realized that his approaching Daehee was a form of pressure on the girl he loved and he began to drift apart from her. Daehee didn't dare go near him either because he was always surrounded by people.

But even if they didn't talk much, it didn't mean Lay didn't pay attention to her.

She was the centre of his world, his attention. He still loved her as deeply as three years efore.

Lay went to his locker to get the rest of his stuff that he didn't carry home the past few days. He glanced at the entrance of school just in time to see Daehee running in frantically, running late like she did usually.

Her eyes met his and Lay offered a small smile. Daehee looked momentarily stumped that he was looking at her and she looked around to see if he had been smiling at someone else instead.

Lay flinched. He shouldn't have let them drift apart no matter what reason. He should have held her back.

Daehee figured that he was indeed smiling at her and she gave a timid smile back. Lay nodded and went off to class, meeting his EXO friends. Daehee sighed softly as she emptied her own locker.

*Yixing...* she thought longingly. What she would do to have him back in her world again.

-----

Lay was positively staring at Daehee in the middle of class. He didn't care how people knew he was staring, or how she knew he was staring. It was after all the last day of school and he figured that if he was to show his feelings, this was the day.

Chen kicked Lay's chair. "Exhibitionist much?" he whispered. "You'll stare holes into her head."

Lay made a face and finally tore his eyes away from her. He had loved her for too long to continue remaining silent. He was going to confess today. Today was going to be different.

Class ended with a bunch of hugs and tears as everyone said goodbye and signed on autograph books. The EXO boys got most requests for photos and they kept smiling and posing till their mouths grew stiff.

Lay glanced at Daehee every single time someone new wanted to take a picture with him, worried that she would go. *Don't go, not so fast.*

"You ready for the confession later, hyung?" Sehun whispered as he stood beside Lay with a great smile as they posed with a few cheerleaders.

"No." Lay admitted. "But I have to say it today or I'll never forgive myself." he grimaced at his lack of courage.

"You can do this." Baekhyun whispered from Lay's other side, overhearing the other two's conversation. "I think she likes you too."

Lay sighed softly as he glanced at Daehee again. "I hope you're right. I really really hope so."

-----

Lay froze when he saw Daehee bid goodbye to her friends and walked out of the class. He still had a lot of people wanting to take photos with him and he was still smiling stiffly like some amateur model.

"I have to go." Lay straightened, grabbing his bag.

"Wait oppa!" some girls frowned. "It's the last day of school, can't you wait a few more minutes till we finish taking the pictures?"

Lay groaned and threw a glance at the door. He couldn't let Daehee go now, not now.

"I..." he struggled to find some excuse. But they were right. It was the last day of school and these were his soccer mates and friends.

"Lay, meet us at the bleachers in one hour." Suho commanded. "We'll take a group picture then. You can go now."

Lay threw a grateful look at his hyung and ran out of class. He surprised the juniors that were walking down the corridor by bursting out of the door all of a sudden. He stumbled a few steps before gaining his footing again, looking around urgently.

He saw Daehee walking towards the gates and he made a mad dash for her. "KIM DAEHEE!!!!!"

Daehee stopped in her tracks when she heard his voice and turned around in surprise. Her eyes widened when she realized that Lay had called her name in front of everyone around and she gaped at him openly. "Yixi-...I mean, uhm Lay.."

"Daehee." Lay stood in front of her, swallowing and slightly panting. He could do this, just three words. He could do this couldn't he?

"I have something to tell you." Lay murmured.

Daehee looked around at the people staring. "Uhm why don't we go to some place private. Loads of people are staring." she grew conscious and she felt unworthy to be with Lay.

She turned to go and Lay grabbed her arm. "No wait." he stopped. "Don't care about what other people think, Daehee. That's the reason why we drifted apart in the first place, because people were judging us and it gave you pressure. But Daehee, I don't want this. I didn't want to drift away from you and I don't want to anymore."

"Yixing.." Daehee whispered, tears in her eyes.

"The truth is, Daehee," Lay took a deep breath. "I like you. Scratch that, I love you. I loved you for a long time, Daehee." he glanced at her, perspiring madly. "Will you...accept my heart?"

Daehee softened, nodding. "My heart's yours since forever."

Lay broke into a smile as he tugged her into his embrace. They stood in the middle of the rapidly growing crowd, but all they could see were each other.