Hurt

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

1. mimirimim
 2. Woohyun (infinite)
 3. Kim Minae
 4. Woohyun was a school's heartthrob. He always changing girlfriends. A nerd girl called Minae confessed to him, but he rejected her rudely. He embarrassed her in front of the whole student. Hurt, she intended to take revenge. She changed her appearance one hundred and eighty degrees. Ten years later, they met again. Woohyun fell for her, but little did he know that that girl was the girl he had hurt ten years ago. Minae had the change to take revenge on him, but actually she still had the feelings for him. What would she do?
 5. Romance, Light Angst (but if you don't want the angst, you can change it)
 6. Hurt

 

-----

 

Woohyun's eyes trailed out of it's own accord to the one girl sitting in her office booth, her legs crossing and uncrossing as she read the newest proposal again.

Even dressed in proper office wear, a high waist pencil skirt and a crisp white shirt, paired off with a black blazer with the only hint of rebellion showing in the leopard printed edges, she was attractive. Extremely attractive.

Her legs went on for yards even though her skirt ended off at her knees. She was skinny but curvy at the same time. Her hair rolled on in large bouncy curls in which she tied off half as a half up-do.

When she was focused on something, those rose coloured lips of hers would press themselves together and she would tap her long slender fingers against the table. Her nails were coated with transparent nail polish, keeping the look as natural as possible, which Woohyun preferred compared to extravagant nail art.

Her eyes darted through the page, absorbing every word. He could imagine the twinkle in her eyes as she laughed along with her other colleagues, her smile lighting up every corner of the dreary office.

She was Kim Minae, and not only was she highly capable in her position, she was a jaw-dropper in terms of looks too. Woohyun had no doubt that he wasn't the only male attracted to the little y kitten right there.

"Go back to work dude." L whispered from the next office booth. Woohyun quickly snapped his eyes back to his computer screen and pretended to type something when Minae looked in their direction. His heart was pounding heart from almost getting caught staring, and a faint blush made it's way to his cheeks.

L caught Woohyun's eyes from the top of his booth and shook his head. "You're falling, hyung." he whispered.

Woohyun narrowed his eyes. "What are you talking about?" he snapped, though his rapidly heating cheeks betrayed his inner emotions. He couldn't deny he was extremely attracted to Minae. She entered the office just a month ago and Woohyun was already feeling the changes she did to his heart.

He was bored of the ty easy girls he usually hung out with. From high school, Woohyun had been a heart breaker, a fantasy. He had the choice to choose which girls he wanted and his dating periods ranged from two weeks to a day.

However Woohyun had grown out of that. He was, after all, 27 years old now. His mother kept asking him to get a steady girlfriend and to get married and have babies as fast as possible. He hadn't thought about his mother's words much in the past, but these days, he found himself dreaming of being a father of kids and a grand wedding in a church with his beloved wife.

But who would he want as a wife? The repeated dreams of this fantasy had become more and more alarming when he started dreaming of Minae as his bride two weeks ago. And these dreams continued every single night, leaving Woohyun with a large foolish smile in the morning.

L sent Woohyun a knowing look and shook his head, turning back to his work. Woohyun sighed, rubbing his temples. He glanced at Minae again and smiled softly at her focused pose.

Maybe he should ask her out tonight.

-----

"Really?" Minae's eyes glittered with concern. "So how did your son do in the end?"

"Well he picked up after that lesson and got fifth in class." one of their older workers Mrs Lee boasted. "I was so proud of him."

Minae smiled genuinely and clasped her hands together. "That's wonderful. I can't wait to have a baby boy of my own and watch him grow up and mature." she whispered dreamily. Woohyun overheard the conversation and couldn't help thinking back to his dreams.

"Well you certainly can if you just agree to go on dates with one of the many suitors you have." Mrs Lee joked. Minae shook her head laughing. Woohyun approached the duo and Mrs Lee nodded, taking her leave as she recognized the familiar look of determination as Woohyun approached Minae, similar to the look her other suitors wore.

"Minae." Woohyun tapped her shoulder.

Minae turned to him and her expression immediately closed off. Gone was the twinkling eyes and lovely smile and in it's place was a fake grin plastered on her lips. Woohyun didn't know why Minae seemed to closed off towards him. He hadn't played around with girls for a long time and he figured that his playboy reputation wouldn't reach her ears anymore. He had been extremely nice to her but Minae didn't seem to appreciate it. She was sincere and carefree to everyone but him.

"Oh Woohyun sshi." Minae nodded. "Is anything the matter?"

Woohyun bit his lip, his spirits dampening slightly at her cold response. "I was wondering if you would like to have dinner with me tonight?" he gave a slanted goofy smile he knew girls liked. Minae didn't seem to. She grimaced at his smile and looked away.

"I'm afraid I'm busy tonight, Woohyun sshi." she muttered, playing with her fingers. Was she nervous?

"How about tomorrow?" Woohyun asked. "Or the day after the next?" He knew he was being annoying but he liked her. He could see himself falling for her if only she gave him the chance to get closer to her.

"I'm not free, Woohyun sshi." Minae looked him in the eye. Woohyun frowned and straightened. "Not free, or you don't want to go out with me, Minae?" he questioned back. "I'll be frank with you, Minae. I like you. I like you a lot, and I...I haven't liked a girl this intense since...well, I haven't liked a girl like this before. I hope you give me a chance, and if not, at least tell me the reasons."

Minae saw the past flash in front of her eyes. What would she have given ten years ago for Woohyun to mutter these words to her?

She had been a classical nerd. She always believed in true love, she thought she could find someone who loved beyond her physical appearance and love the girl inside her. She fell for Woohyun when they were assigned as lab partners. He was patient and actually did his work, unlike some of the other jocks. He did flirt around with the girls sitting near them, but when Woohyun talked to her, she felt like she was the only one he could see.

Which was why she went crazy in her head and went to confess to him one day when he went to school. Right in the hallway where the whole school was present.

She didn't know why she thought a popular guy like him would fall for a nerd like her, but she did. She confessed, poured her heart out and bared her soul. What came back was reality slapping in her face as Woohyun laughed at her confession.

"Little girl," Woohyun had patted her head. "Doesn't mean when I talk to you in class means I like you back. Oppa likes women, not 17 year old girls that look like they're 12. Why don't you go back to grade school and take your pick?" he sneered.

Minae looked back into Woohyun's eyes again. This Woohyun wasn't the same one as he was 10 years ago, but looks can be deceiving. She was slightly surprised when she didn't see him hitting on the other female colleagues, though she couldn't be sure if he hadn't before. She learnt from her colleagues that Woohyun hadn't dated in a long while even though girls were still throwing themselves at him. Very mature, they said.

As she stood there in front of him, he could never have realized who she really was because her looks changed a hundred and eighty degrees. After her heart was broken by him, she learnt how to dress and how to put on makeup, going to the gym dilligently everyday.

But inside? Minae swallowed when she realized her own feelings. The moment Woohyun told her he liked her, her scumbag heart actually fluttered. She actually felt a tingle down her spine and almost wanted to smile.

She still loved him.

Minae tore her eyes away from him, blinking away the tears. "I'll tell you why I can't, Nam Woohyun." she hissed. "Ten years ago, I also studied in Woolim high school. I was your chemistry lab partner, remember?"

She ran off before she could hear his reply, wiping her eyes and going as fast as her legs could bring her.

Woohyun stood there, his eyes wide. He remembered. That nerd girl, the one who smiled whenever he talked to her, the one who would look at him secretly, thinking he never noticed, the one who confessed to him in front of the whole school and he ridiculed her because he had been foolish.

That girl, her name was Kim Minae.

Woohyun's breath got caught in his throat and the world crashed around him. No wonder Minae was cold to only him, because he was a jerk through and through.

He didn't deserve her.

But did he want to give up?

Woohyun knew for sure that he was attracted to her not only because she became beautiful and glamorous. He liked the girl who really cared for her co-workers and worked hard for her own projects. The girl who walked into the office with a bright smile and greeted everyone, even the cleaners.

He admitted that he had first been attracted because she was drop dead gorgeous, but love wasn't based only on looks.

With that in mind, Woohyun knew he couldn't give up. His eyes darted to the elevator and noted the floor Minae dropped off at.

And then he ran.