Dae Appa's Problems

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

username: purplekpop
 featuring male idols: daehyun
 Featuring female: OC - JoJo
 Plot: Daehyun Daddy please ^^ He's a new father and because JoJo is always busy, Daehun has to not only take his baby daughter, Jaylie, to practice but also take care of her at home too. Just fluff and daddy amazingness really. Mostly for your imagination ^^
 Title: Dae Appa's Problems

 

 

-----

 

"You're going to work already?" Daehyun pouted and blew on his bangs. "Why are you always so busy? I hardly get to see my wife." he complained.

At thirty three, Daehyun was an old idol but he was still pretty popular. But he had his more popular days of course and these days, he had lesser schedules and recordings than when he was nineteen. His fangirls from before had already grown up and most already had kids.

As he did.

Jojo, his wife of three years, smiled at him and pecked him on his lips. "Awwwiee Daehyun ah, you're thirty three, not nineteen anymore." she pinched his cheeks. "Don't whine."

Daehyun pouted and crossed his arms, almost going into a fit. He was the idol and celebrity for goodness sake! So why was she more busy than him huh?

"You're always not around." Daehyun muttered, following her about as she grabbed her blazer and her handbag and files. "Someday, our Jaylie would only know how to say Appa and not Umma." he harrumphed.

Jojo laughed and patted her husband's cheek. "You're exagerrating, oppa. I have a meeting today so I'll be later than usual." Daehyun's face fell. "Take good care of Jaylie and make sure you feed her on time okay? Miss you." she pecked his cheek once and strode out of the door.

Daehyun sighed and watched as his wife left. "Why do I feel like the wife in my relationship?" he muttered.

All of a sudden, a loud cry was heard from inside the house and Daehyun immediately perked up. "Husband duties." he muttered, running for the nursery. His two year daughter was standing up in her cot and looking around for her father.

"Appa!!!!" Jaylie cried. "Dweam. Baa dweam."

"Oh poor baby." Daehyun rushed to her and carried her out of her cot, bouncing up and down in a steady rhythm. "You had a bad dream?" he cooed. "It's okay, it's just a dream."

"Big Manstaa...scauriee!!" Jaylie waved her hands about. Daehyun wiped the tears away from his daughter's cheek and nuzzled her cheek. "It's alright Jaylie. It's just a dream."

Jaylie calmed down rather easily after Daehyun took out her favorite Bubbles doll and she clapped her hands merrily. "You ready for grocery shopping with me?" Daehyun kissed her nose.

Jaylie didn't understand and she clapped her hands, fascinated with a bubble that was made with her saliva. Daehyun wiped and tried not to gag as he discreetly washed his hands. Oh baby goo.

He put Jaylie on the floor and grabbed his wallet and took her hand, the both of them walking to the nearby grocery store.

Daehyun was accustomed to walking very slowly to compromise with Jaylie's speed and her absurd fascination with absolutely everything. He almost felt faint everytime she asked "Whasstat?" and pointed to something. It was okay when she asked about flowers and grass, but once she pointed to dog poo and it was just awkward work.

The two of them finished their grocery shopping in fifteen minutes and Daehyun got himself another pack of ramen pack for his dinner. The cashier called Jaylie cute and Daehyun swelled in pride.

He remembered the days when he went grocery shopping with Himchan and the cashier squealed at the sight of them and asked for their signature. How different days were now. The cashier looked in her teens and she most definitely didn't know who was BAP.

He thanked her and collected his change and grabbed Jaylie's tiny hands again as his daughter tried to follow him with her unsteady steps. "Appa." Jaylie tugged on his pants. "Tired." she pouted.

Daehyun looked at the groceries he was supposed to carry. "Baby can't you walk back home? It's nearing." he pointed. "Appa is tired too."

"Tired." Jaylie shook her head. "Appa cawwie me." she stretched both arms.

Daehyun let out a sigh and picked her up with one arm and balanced all groceries in the other hand. It didn't help that he had to open the door with his keys and Jaylie absolutely refused to be let down. Oh great.

He had a messy dinner of ramen and fed Jaylie her milk which he was already super familiar in making, and he was thoroughly relieved when the clock struck 9pm and it was time for Jaylie's bedtime.

He brought her back to her cot and put her in, tucking her in her cute pink blankets that Jojo had chosen from her. He sang Jaylie to sleep with that beautiful voice of his and Jaylie slowly slipped off to lala land.

Daehyun let out a sigh of relief and he kissed his daughter's forehead, tucking her in.

He smiled contentedly as he stretched, feeling the knots unravelling. He walked back to the dining table and sighed at the mess Jaylie had made when she accidentally knocked into his first bowl of ramen. "Time to clean up, Jung Daehyun."

He scrubbed the oil from the floor for a good fifteen minutes since he knew Jojo liked everything clean, and he sat on the couch, waiting for his wife to return.

An hour later, Jojo returned home, tired from work. "Oppa I'm ho-" she quickly stopped herself and a small smile curled up on her lips. She crept closer to Daehyun and watched his chest rise and fall as he slept, an arm over his eyes.

He looked really tired and Jojo knew that he had a tough day.

She leaned closer and kissed his nose. "You're the best daddy in the world, Dae Appa."