Our Voices Connect

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

Username: A_MooNStar
 featuring male: Byun Baekhyun
 featuring female: Lee Jieun (IU)
 plot: (As Idols) Baekhyun wrote a duet. But who's going to sing the song with him? He decided to sing the duet with IU cause' he's a huge fan. IU accepted his offer and he was happy. When they meet, both of them were mesmerized by each other's voices.
Genre: romance, fluff, cute
 Title: Our voices connect

 

-----

 

Baekhyun leaned back against his chair and smiled brightly.

He had just finished writing a duet for the first time and boy was he pleased with it. He had always only tried doing solo songs or songs for EXO, but never a duet between a girl and a guy.

He liked this song very much and he wanted to record it for real. "Baek, whatcha doin?"

Baekhyun turned around to see Chanyeol sticking his head into the room through the gap at the unclosed door. Baekhyun gestured for Chanyeol to come over and handed the headphones to him. "Listen and read the lyrics at the same time. I just wrote this."

Chanyeol nodded and took the headphones while Baekhyun played the song. When the song finished, Chanyeol's brows were raised and he nodded, impressed. "Wow, that's really good." he grinned. "I think the company might actually agree to recording this, you know."

Baekhyun smiled and saved the file into a thumbdrive. "That's what I'm hoping for." he grinned. "You really think so?"

"Yeah." Chanyeol gave him thumbs up. "Ooh and maybe if that comes true, you can finda female artist to sing with you! Maybe Taeyeon noona! Jessica noona? Luna? Krystal? Hyorin? How about that newbie Ailee?"

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and plucked the thumbdrive out of the computer when it was done loading. "You're really a fanboy aren't you?"

Chanyeol bowed teasingly. "I aim to please." he grinned. "Whatever, but it's going to be so cool to sing with someone else. Hope this will be recorded, Baek."

-----

Baekhyun smiled widely as he twirled around in his chair at the recording studio.

Everything felt like a dream.

He had gone straight to his manager with the thumbdrive when he was done with the song and the manager agreed to show it to the composers and music directors in SM. It took two nerve wracking days for them to give him a reply and they actually agreed to record the song for real!

It was going to be included in EXO's newest upcoming album.

Since the song was written by Baekhyun, they had given him the chance to sing this duet and also the choice to choose who he wanted as the female voice. He knew that the company thought he would choose someone in SM since it would be so much easier, but he already had someone in mind.

Someone whom he had fanboyed about ever since her debut days. Someone whose voice he admired so much. Someone who was cute and bubbly and at the same time keeping her rookie attitude even if she was one of the biggest solo female artists in the kpop scene.

There came a knock on the door and Baekhyun straightened. IU poked her head in and smiled at him. "Hi Baekhyun sshi, I'm here for the recording."

Baekhyun stood up and went to shake her hand politely. This was the first time he had the chance to talk to her one on one. He met her at the Inkigayo stage where Exo had their performance and she was the mc. IU had talked to the EXO boys briefly before they went on stage, but he doubted that she noticed him then.

"Thanks for accepting the request, by the way." Baekhyun smiled at her.

IU shrugged. "I know a good song when I hear one. You're really talented, Baekhyun sshi." she praised. She took out her crumped up lyrics sheet and looked slightly embarrassed with the state it was in. "Ah mianhae, I'm not a very neat person." she stuck out her tongue.

*Cute.* Baekhyun thought inwardly. They chatted easily for a few more minutes before the music director hyung came into the room. He sent both Baekhyun and IU to the recording room and they got ready with the headphones and mikes.

"Test test, can you hear me?" Baekhyun tapped the mike.

The music director gave thumbs up.

"Ballerinas in a cowboy suit, grilled salmon with lemon dressing, meteor, raining cows, pineapple milkshakes..."

Baekhyun blinked at IU who was naming the most random stuff into the mike. She blinked when she noticed him staring and looked back at the music director. "Wait, I'm through?"

The music director chuckled and nodded, giving thumbs up.

IU's cheeks flamed red and she hid her face behind her hands. "Oops, I thought I wasn't. That was embarrassing." she murmured. Baekhyun laughed, amused. She was cuter than he thought.

They started the recording with IU's part first since she started the first verse. Baekhyun watched her tenderly as she sang with a bright sunny smile on her face.

Her voice was angellic. She wasn't like SISTAR's Hyorin or Ailee who had strong voices. Not like Jessica with the cutest singing voice. Hers was purely IU's and Baekhyun liked it very much.

He nearly missed the part where he came in and he sang it as best as he could. He could feel IU watching him from the side while he sang and he wanted to sing better because she was looking at him.

They recorded the song for around half an hour, including the backup singer parts and all. It was quite a feat since some of the other artists needed a long time to record a single three minute song over and over again.

Baekhyun and IU's voices were good, so they didn't need much repeating.

They sat together, laughing and chatting with two cups of hot chocolate and biscuits while they waited for the music director to blend the backup voices with the main. Baekhyun found IU humorous and she wasn't picky about what she ate, kind hearted and cheerful.

They listened to the song together after, and Baekhyun had the silliest grin on his face.

"Not bad, huh?"

Baekhyun and IU whipped around in their chairs to see that all of the EXO boys had visited their recording studio. Baekhyun couldn't help but feel annoyed at the presence, disrupting the alone time he had with her.

"IU noona~" Sehun sang. "Nice to meet you again."

IU chuckled and nodded, patting his head. "Nice to meet you too."

Baekhyun scowled at all the other members were quickly taking up IU's attention and he pouted at the side of the room. Kris rolled his eyes and went to him, patting his shoulder.

"Stop acting like a baby." he muttered. "If you want something, you've got to work to get it."

Enlightened, Baekhyun squeezed his way through s till he got to IU's side. "Jieun ah, I was wondering, if I made another duet in the future..." he bit his lip uncertainly.

IU beamed at him. "Call me up anytime. I'll sing it with you."

Baekhyun broke into a bright smile. Hmm, he better start working on the next one then.