Yah, can't you get the hints?!

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

Username: iSushiKimchi
 Featuring male idol(s): Kris (EXO-M)
 Featuring female: Shin Sungrin
 Plot: Sungrin has been trying to hint to her long-time crush and best friend, Kris, about her crush on him. But he was too dense to catch on to the hints. Sungrin couldn't take his denseness anymore and explodes, accidentally telling him her feelings too.
 Genre: Romcom, Fluff
 Title: Yah, can't you get the hints?!

 

-----

 

Sungrin glanced at her best friend and blew on her bangs in annoyance.

Kris was sitting opposite of her, staring into the moving belt beside them. He watched the different coloured plates of sushi that passed by them and narrowed his eyes. Why weren't the salmon sushis coming out yet?

"Come on, where are there so many sushi's with crab stick or whatever." Kris frowned and tapped his chopsticks. "Salmon. I want salmon."

Sungrin rolled her eyes as she watched her friend invest all his attention on the food instead of her. They rarely went anywhere nice to eat, only going to the lousy canteen in their office building. Now that they went somewhere nice, Kris paid all his attention on the food instead of on her.

Did he even notice how she dressed up especially for the occasion that day?

Her best friend was really the most dense person ever on earth. He couldn't catch the hints ever. Even if someone wore a dinosaur suit and went into the restaurant and start dancing the oppa gangnam style dance Kris wouldn't have noticed, really.

Kris was just that blur and just that dense even though he was a guy. One that didn't know him would have thought he was very cool and very calm. He didn't talk much and he looked like he walked out of a manga series, so suave and handsome.

However, Kris was also very bad with the details and didn't click when he needed to.

When he met up with Sungrin for lunch that day, he didn't notice how she had worn a dress especially for him even though she didn't like skirts. She put her hair up in a pretty korean bun and even added a bow, but did he see it? No.

Sungrin booked a table for them at the japanese restaurant that was known for good food and the romantic environment for the couples, but did he realize it? No.

Sungrin really felt like strangling him sometimes.

"Finally it's here!" Kris grabbed the plate of salmon sushi. "Damn, I've waited for you for so long."

Sungrin's eyelid twitched. That guy....

"Sungrin ah, why aren't you eating?" Kris looked at her as he dug in with gusto. "You're the one who suggested coming here to eat."

"And I'm instantly regretting it right now." Sungrin muttered, making a face. She sighed and shook her head, reaching out for her chopsticks. If she had gone through all that trouble for today, might as well enjoy the food at the very least.

She ate her sushi slowly and listened to Kris while he described his work. They worked in different departments but in the same company and met for lunch everyday. Because they stayed near to each other, Kris would also drive her home.

The other colleagues at the company were always saying how they seemed to look lilke a couple and Sungrin thrived in those comments. If only they were true.

"Why aren't you talking much?" Kris suddenly blurted, eying her suspiciously. Sungrin stopped eating and looked at him in alarm. "You're behaving strangely. You normally talk so much that I can't shut you up."

"Yah." Sungrin hit his arm lightly. "I do not."

"You totally do." Kris responded with a straight face. "Is something bothering you? Why did you suddenly ask me out on a lunch like this nad not talk at all? Wait...did something happen?" he seemed nervous and curious all of a sudden.

"Nothing!" Sungrin shook her head innocently and ate a tuna slice. Kris raised a brow at her. "You're lying."

"I am not." Sungrin avoided his gaze, unable to lie well. Kris knew her too well to know she wasn't telling the truth. "Yah, what's up. Tell me. I'm your best friend aren't I?"

"Okay okay fine." Sungrin raised her hands up in defeat. "I'll tell you alright?" she took a deep breath. "There's this guy that I like-"

"Seriously?" Kris frowned. "How come I didn't know? What's his name? Where does he work? Does he have a bad history or has he gone to jail before? With your taste I'm not surprised if he turns out looking really ugly."

"Yah!" Sungrin made a face at him. "He's really handsome alright? A lot of girls like him in his office."

"Ah, so he's a playboy." Kris clicked his tongue. "Not good, those. You better stop yourself from falling deeper after this because playboys can never turn out good. You think you're the special one for him? Think again, that's what they say to every single girl out there."

Sungrin hit his head. "Will you let me finish? And stop criticizing him, you don't even know who it is!" she laughed inwardly. *When he finds out that the guy is him...*

"Okay okay fine." Kris shrugged. "You can't blame me. Your past tastes in men have proven to me how bad you are at choosing a guy. Like Big Bang's G-Dragon? That skinny stick? And Infinite's Sungjong. Man, that guy's gay, seriously. And not to mention you said Shindong was cute. I can't even.." he rubbed his temples.

"I was just making a comment alright?" Sungrin huffed. "As I was saying, I like this guy but he doesn't know that the one I like is him even though I've been dropping a lot of hints."

"Then he's plain dumb." Kris said without hesitating.

Sungrin burst into giggles and Kris looked at her in confusion. "What's so funny? Did I hit the jackpot?"

"Yes." she nodded. "He's really dumb." *Dumb enough to call himself dumb.* she mused.

"See? Even you think so." Kris nodded. "Give up on him and choose another guy, I tell you. There must be better guys out there. No, why don't you not date at all and stay and spinster from life. At least I don't have to save you from the future heartbreaks."

"Yah!" Sungrin sighed. "I give up talking to you about him."

Kris harrumphed. "Good. No one talks about another guy when they're with Kris Wu."

-----

Kris and Sungrin were strolling along the Han River that night. It was really pretty and the air seemed magical and delightful.

Both of them took out their shoes as they walked on the grass. Sungrin sighed in content as she looked around them. "I've always wanted to come here with the guy I like." she looked over at Kris meaningfully.

Kris scowled and flicked her forehead.

"Yah what is it this time!" Sungrin pouted, rubbing her sore spot.

"Stop thinking about that worthless guy." Kris reprimanded. "How can you think about another guy when you're with a hot guy like me, I can never understand you." he walked away.

Sungrin mentally smacked herself. He really was stupid huh.

She ran to catch up with him and looped her hand on his arm. "Yah Kris." she nudged him. "What do you think of me as a girl? Do you think he will fall for me?" she smiled up at him hopefully, hoping to hear how she sounded like in his thoughts.

Kris stopped walking and looked down at her. "You?" he looked her up and down. "Stop hoping for miracles that won't happen."

Sungrin's face fell and she hung her head. "Since he's a playboy, he won't stay around long enough to see the beauty inside of you." Kris continued. "Since he's dumb, even if he stays around long enough, he won't see it either. Since my best friend is an angel from heaven, not just any guy can be worthy of her." he smiled.

Sungrin melted into a puddle. "You know the best things to say."

"I do don't I?" Kris grinned. "I bet I'll make a better boyfriend than whoever that guy that is that you like."

Sungrin bit her lip and took a deep breath. This was it. "Exactly. You're him."

Kris stopped in his tracks and spun around to look at her in utter shock. Sungrin swallowed nervously and waited for the explosion. It came.

"WHAT?" Kris gaped. "You mean this whole afternoon, the guy you were fawning over and talking about was me? ME?" he pointed at himself.

Sungrin pouted. "Fine fine. If you don't like me back you don't need to have such a reaction." she turned around to walk away, dejected.

Kris pulled on her arm to hold her back. "What the.." he still seemed shocked. "Damn, you were dropping me hints the whole afternoon? , I couldn't even see them. But wait." he frowned. "I'm dense, but you are too." he flicked her forehead.

Sungrin blinked up at him with an open mouth. "Excuse me?"

"You." Kris nodded. "Did you think I'd criticize a guy that you like so readily and unreasonably if I didn't feel anything for you? Damn, I was sending hints as well the entire time. I was hoping I could convince you to consider someone else, specifically me."

Sungrin stopped and a bubble of laughter escaped her lips. "So you mean the both of us had been hinting each other like mad the whole day but both of us never realized it?"

"Apparently." Kris laughed and took her in his arms, hugging her tight. "Damn, I should have said something sooner."

"You totally should." Sungrin murmured into his chest. "What if that guy I liked wasn't you?"

"I'd beat him up." Kris hugged her back, rocking them back and forth.

The two of them were smiling so widely as they enjoyed the knowledge of the one they love loving them back. It was an insanely gratifying feeling. Until...

"Wait, did I just call myself dumb??"