How I met your mother!

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

1. Username: HNsenpai
2. Featuring male idol(s): INFINITE L
3. Featuring female (OC or idol, please give a name for the OC): Park Songhye
4: Plot (Not too long please, it's a oneshot. A scenario would be good): When L wanted to meet with Songhye's mom, he was soooooo nervous until he made many stupid mistakes. Make it so funny and ends with oh-so-sweet moment with Songhye.
5: Genre: Romcom
6: Title: How I Meet Your Mother!

 

-----

 

"I am so hyperventilating right now." L muttered nervously.

Songhye laughed and patted L's arm. "Myungsoo, you'll do fine." she mused. "My mother isn't all that scary, trust me."

L and Songhye had been dating for a good two years and finally Mrs Park had requested to meet Songhye's boyfriend which she heard so much about. It would be the first time L was meeting his girlfriend's mother and boy, was he nervous.

"No seriously." L squeezed his eyes shut. "I have this feeling I'm going to screw everything up. You know my sixth sense is superb, babe! Remember that time when I had a feeling Woohyun's singing competition wouldn't go well? He went up the stage and tripped on his first step, face down."

"But he won in the end didn't he?" Songhye mused. "Myungsoo, all the parents love you everytime we go to a friend's house. My mother will too."

L looked at her, panic-striken. "That's different! That's not your mother!" he whispered. "I don't know how you're supposed to be happy seeing the guy that's snogging with your daughter but when I have a daughter, I most certainly won't be-"

"Myungsoo!" Songhye burst, embarrassed. She pulled on his hand and led him to her house.

They stood in front of the door and Songhye grinned at L. "Ready?"

"No." L didn't waste a single second. "Let's do a raincheck on this. Some other time, babe..." But Songhye already rang the doorbell. The door flew open almost immediately, as if Mrs Park had been waiting on tenderhooks the entire time and she beamed brightly at the boy standing beside her daughter with the most horrified expression of the century.

"M-M-Mrs Park." L stuttered, standing straight as a pole. "My name is Kim Myungsoo and I-I'm Hyesong's b-boyfriend." he swallowed, clearly nervous.

Mrs Park laughed. "Don't need to be so nervous, Myungsoo. I've heard of you from my daughter and I like the sound of you." she mused. "I don't bite, so don't worry. Come on in you two."

Hyesong smiled and pushed L in, him resisting his every step. She laughed softly as they walked to the dining room. "I told you she wasn't someone to be afraid of, babo." she whispered. "Relax, you look like a pole and I thought it was supposed to be Sungyeol's title."

L made a face as they sat down at the table and Mrs Park gestured for the maids to serve their lunch. L blinked at the numerous cutlery present and the starter course which was cold jellyfish. He swallowed. He didn't like his food cold, which was why he didn't eat sushi or cold soba or anything like that. Great, just great.

"The jelly fish is bought this morning, Myungsoo, very fresh." Mrs Park smiled. "Try it."

"O-Okay." L stuttered. He picked at one strand and put it in his mouth, almost vomitting instantly. Oh goodness gracious, it almost behaved like something alive in his mouth and gosh, it was just gross.

Hyesong smiled at him sympathetically and raising her brows to ask if he wanted to change dishes or anything. L shook his head. "It's...delicious, Mrs Park." L forced himself to answer, swallowing down the jellyfish strand. It slithered down his throat and he desperately wanted to puke.

"Good to know." Mrs Park smiled. While she wasn't looking, L quickly transferred some of his servings to Hyesong's plate and sent his girlfriend a grateful look. Hyesong shrugged, it was her favorite dish anyway.

"So Myungsoo, I hear from Hyesong that you're quite famous." she mused. "L from Infinite."

L choked on the jelly fish and he gulped down the water. "Er yeah." Hyesong patted his back. Mrs Park laughed. "Why do you look so horrified that you're a singer? I hear Infinite is doing quite well and apparently you're one of the most popular out of them."

"Barely." L murmured, turning red. He never liked being referred to as Infinite's visual because he wanted to be someone more than just a pretty face, which was why he took up acting in hopes of showing people he had talent AND looks.

"I hear you're acting as well, Myungsoo." Mrs Park continued. "I'm afraid I haven't watched your shows but...are there any kissing scenes?"

"Umma!" Hyesong clapped on L's back when he started choking again. L shook his head. "Not currently but...I want to be honest with you. There might be in the future." he looked at Hyesong. "But your daughter will be the only person I'll kiss with me meaning it."

He rapidly turned red after he realized what he just said and made a mad grab for the glass of water again. The glass toppled and spilled it's contents on his starter jelly fish dish. "Oh shi-" he quickly stopped himself from cursing. "OH no, I mean." he quickly righted the cup. "I'm so sorry, I'll just clean-"

"It's okay." Mrs Park clapped his hands and the maids came running out with rags. They quickly cleared up the mess and replaced L's plate. They served the main course steak quickly and L sighed in relief to see that it was usual steak that he was used to.

He dug in with gusto and smiled at Hyesong, glad that he could eat this one.

"Do your fans bother with your life a lot, Myungsoo?" Mrs Park asked in interest. "I'm aware that boybands nowadays have a lot of fans." she frowned.

"You have no idea, umma." Hyesong shook her head in amusement. "You should have seen the pictures online when Infinite arrives at an airport or something, there are soooo many fans. And Myungsoo always has to wear his disguise when we go out. Not that it's really working." she mused.

"The fans still recognize him?" Mrs Park asked.

Hyesong nodded. "And I'll have to pretend I was just walking past in case they relate me and him together." she sounded slightly wistful that L felt guilty. "I'm sorry. Because of my career we can't date properly." he murmured.

"It's okay." Hyesong smiled.

The two shared a look, and the moment quickly passed when Mrs Park cooed. "You two are so cute."

L immediately reddened again and this time his hand knocked into the table and the entire thing shook. Mrs Park's plate of steak slid off the edge and plopped itself in the front of her velvet dress. L and Hyesong's eyes widened. .

"I'M SO SORRY!" L burst up from his chair. "I'll...I'll clean it...uhm send it to the dry cleaners or something.." he racked his brains.

Mrs Park took the plate of her and the piece of steak stuck onto her chest stubbornly. L wanted to faint at the sight. "On second thoughts, can you tell me which shop you bought this from and I'll purchase an identical one!"

-----

"Hahahaha it was epic, honestly, when you think back about it." Hyesong murmured as L walked  around her home. Her house was in a rather secluded area and there weren't a lot of people walking about, thankfully, which allowed them to walk down the street as if they were a normal couple.

L grimaced at the memory. "Are you sure your mom doesn't need me to send her dress for dry cleaning?" he asked anxiously.

"It's an old dress, don't worry about it." Hyesong mused. "And the maids can handle the washing no problem." she swung their hands as they walked. "You were absolutely hyperventilating everytime my mother talked, Myungsoo." she laughed. "It was cute."

"Well thanks, at least you think so." L muttered blandly. "I'm sure your mom hates me after this."

Hyesong shook her head. "She isn't quick to judge, even if you did cause a whole piece of expensive korean beef steak to plop itself on her dress." she laughed. "Babe." L narrowed his eyes, not finding it funny.

"Sorry." Hyesong smiled. "But I'm really happy you came today, Myungsoo. Even though there were a few accidents, but you were sincere. I'm sure my mom can sense that." she said as they arrived back at her house again.

L nodded and kissed the top of her head. "You think she'll ask me for another meal again?"

"Maybe for breakfast." Hyesong joked. "Toasts don't leave stains."