Infinitely Yours

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

1. Username: exoticmelo-spirit
2. Featuring male idol(s): Lee Chanhee/Chunji <3
3. Featuring female (OC or idol, please give a name for the OC): Jung Hyemin
4: Plot: Hyemin and Chunji were friends for almost two years. They like each other but not one of them had the courage to tell their feelings. Until, on Christmas Eve, Chunji can't hide his feelings anymore and decides to confess his feelings.
5: Genre: Romance/Fluff
6: Title: Infinitely Yours
[P.S. The title is Infinitely Yours because Chunji is gonna give Hyemin infinity couple rings, one for him and her.. Kkk~]

 

-----

 

"Hyemin ah, I brought your favorite chocolates." a guy tapped Hyemin on her shoulder. "Here."

"Oooh chocolates!" Hyemin beamed. "Great!" she clapped and took a piece from him. "Thanks a lot." she thumped his back and went to find her best friend.

The guy stared at her in despair and glanced at his whole box of chocolates which he undoubtedly bought just for Hyemin. Chunji smiled at his best friend as she came skipping to him happily and he casually slung an arm aroound Hyemin's shoulder.

He glanced back at the guy and found the guy sulking in defeat. *Take that.* Chunji smirked to himself. *She's mine.*

He looked back at Hyemin and saw her looking at him with a puzzled expression. "Why are you smiling like that?" she raised a brow. "You look like you're plotting something evil."

Chunji made a face and flicked her forehead. "Why would I? I'm an angel." he made a cute face.

Hyemin laughed and shook her head. "Oh Chanhee..." she chuckled.

Chunji smiled at her and they walked out of school with Chunji's arm around her shoulders. They were used to this sort of skinship: the platonic kind of skinship.

But Chunji had been yearning to bring their skinship to a different level: the intimate kind.

And not only did he want it on a physical level, he wanted their feelings and relationship status to be different as well. He might be her best friend alright, and no one could replace him in her heart in that position.

But he wanted more. He didn't want a be a mere friend, he wanted to be her boyfriend.

He liked Hyemin for so long but he didn't have the guts to tell her his feelings. L.Joe always told him that he was a fail, and he thought so too. Why couldn't he just say the words?

Hyemin on the other hand was actually also carrying a torch for Chunji since forever. She felt a little inferior compared to him because he was so good looking. No, he was so pretty.

He was even prettier than her, for goodness sake.

Chunji would always joke about the celebrity girls he saw on tv. Like "Oooh that Taeyeon is soooo cute. Yuri is so y! Krystal is sooo pretty!"

Hyemin knew he was joking and trying to make her laugh, and she usually did because his expression was dramatic and comical. But really, what was there to laugh about if you thought about it? He was praising the other girls, not her! He was trying to tell her that his standards were THAT HIGH and how was she supposed to compare with those celebrity girls?

Hyemin sighed softly as she trudged home, the only comfort was the warmth of Chunji's arm around her. If only he could see her the way she saw him.

-----

"What are you doing on Christmas Eve, Hyemin?" a guy called CAP approached her. "Want to spend it together with me?"

Hyemin looked back at Chunji hesitantly. "I'm spending it with Chanhee we've always spent Christmas eve together."

"You can't always spend Christmas Eve with Chunji, Hyemin. "CAP convinced. "You two are still best friends, what happens when one of you starts dating?"

Hyemin froze. The possibility had occured to her before but it had frightened her so much that she decided not to think about it.

"I..." Hyemin murmured.

"It's none of your business, CAP. Stay out of it." Chunji pulled Hyemin away. "Let's go home."

Hyemin nodded and went to her locker to grab her books. Chunji was about to follow her when CAP held him back. "You know what I said was true, Lee Chanhee." CAP whispered. "You're just her best friend. Someday when she has a boyfriend, you're going to be second place. Remember that."

CAP walked away, leaving Chunji extremely unsettled. What if Hyemin got a boyfriend someday? What would happen to him? To them?

He couldn't let that happen! He had to do something soon.

"Chanhee?" Hyemin smiled at him, waving her hands in front of her face. "Let's go."

"Hm..okay." Chunji nodded, following after her. He was going to confess. Tomorrow, Christmas Eve.

-----

Chunji and Hyemin met after their respective Christmas dinners with their families and went to the Han River to watch the fireworks.

There were a lot of people sitting on the grass as they stared out at the pretty view, chatting and snuggling. Most of them were couples and the atmostphere was really nice.

Chunji and Hyemin strolled around and found a nice spot to sit, where Chunji got out a mat for them to sit on. "Dessert?" he pulled out two fruit tart from a box and grinned.

Hyemin smiled, surprised and nodded. "You're such a romantic, Chanhee." she giggled, biting into one. Her face fell as she whispered the next sentence. "Your future girlfriend will be so lucky."

Chunji's head snapped towards her and he bit his lip. "What did you say?" he thought he heard something about girlfriend.

Hyemin forced a smile and shook her head. "Nothing."

Chunji shrugged and continued eating his dessert, keeping his eyes on her. She looked absolutely angelic in her white coat and pretty brown hair. He pulled her towards him and made her rest against his shoulder.

Hyemin blinked up at him in confusion."Chanhee?"

"Just stay like this for a bit." Chunji murmured, her hair. Hyemin nodded and smiled, leaning closer. She ate her fruit tart as Chunji finished his. He gazed down at her lovingly and sighed softly.

"You know how our neighbors always think we're a couple?" He suddenly asked.

It was true.

Whenever anyone of them went off to the other's house, their neighbours would assume the both of them were together.

"Yeah." Hyemin smiled. "Caused while a lot of embarrassments huh?"

"And how when we go shopping together, even at the convenience store, the people would ask me to buy things for you, saying how you're my girlfriend and stuff?" he continued.

"Yeah?" Hyemin blinked.

"And how we spend Valentines day together as friends?"

"Chanhee, what do you want to say?" Hyemin laughed uneasily. He couldn't be saying how he didn't like how it was, could it?

"What I'm trying to say is that..." Chunji dug into his pockets and pulled out two silver rings. Hyemin's eyes widened in shock. "Chanhee.."

"We should get together for real." Chunji looked at her. "Be my girlfriend, Hyemin. I love you."

Hyemin broke into tears faster than he imagined and he held her while she cried. "Yes. Yes." she whispered.

Chunji smiled and slipped one of the rings onto her finger while the others on his own. He interlaced their fingers and turned their hands around, admiring the rings.

"They're beautiful." Hyemin breathed. "Thank you."

Chunji kissed the top of her head. "No problem."

And as Hyemin settled into his embrace, Chunji wondered why he hadn't done this sooner. He SO would have saved himself all those moments of fear that Hyemin was going to be stolen by another guy, wouldn't he?