I'm out of your league

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

1. mimirimim
 2. SHINee's Jonghyun
 3. Song Hyerin
 4. It all started with Jonghyun and Hyerin as his so-called best friend. She's not sure if so because Jonghyun talks to her just when he needed to, but when she needs him by her side, he's never there. She always put up with it, until one day something happens (the event is up to you, Goddess ^^) that makes her leave him. Jonghyun then realize that the one that is always by his side all the time is one and only Song Hyerin, and that he loves her not as a best friend, but as a man. Now he's determined to get her back.
 Genre: Romance
 Title: I'm Out of Your League

 

-----

 

Song Hyerin was steaming mad.

Her temper was wild and furious, her gorgeous skirt soiled and soaked, her makeup running down her face and her hair was a total disaster. Her eyes were narrowed in slits as she stormed towards Onew's house where the party was held.

Onew had held a party at his house since it was the end of the year and all his friends were invited, including Hyerin since she was Jonghyun's best friend. I meant, so-called best friend.

She was late, soaking wet, fuming, and not to mention cold. That Kim Jonghyun was going to die.

"Noona." Taemin panted after her, his own suit also ruined. "Don't walk so quickly in your killer heels, you'll fall." he frowned.

Hyerin forced a smile for the sweet maknae. "Thanks for the concern but I doubt Kim Jonghyun would even realize if I had disfigured myself. I would smile and laugh, saying, didn't you always look like that?" she fumed.

Taemin cringed. "I'm sure hyung had something urgent to attend to that's why he wasn't able to help you." he offered. Hyerin gave a look that she didn't believe him and she stormed into Onew's house. The party was already halfway through and there were music and food and people dancing.

"Hyerin! Taemin goon!" Jonghyun waved. "Come meet these girls I just met. They're from America. Lindsay and Christina. Say hi, girls."

"Hi~" the girls waved, dressed in skimpy little dresses.

Hyerin let out a deep breath and threw her wet hair over her shoulder. "Was this what you were doing for the past two hours? Socializing with babes?" she growled.

Jonghyun finally spared him a look. "Yeah of cou-" he faltered, taking in Taemin and her pathetic state. "Oh my gosh, what the hell happened to you two? You two look like you guys went swimming in a river." he pinched his nose at the smell. "A very smelly river."

Hyerin roared and Taemin held her back. "N-Noona!" he squeaked.

"Get back, Taemin." Hyerin hissed. He instantly let go of her and she strode in front of Jonghyun, her finger stabbing his chest. "You dare ask me what happened? I called you two hours ago, finally getting you to pick up the call at my sixth try. I tell you that the sewage pipe at my house had burst and what did you tell me? Oh Hyerin, stop exaggerating things. I bet that's just your pimple that had burst." she recited word for word. "And you hung up on me."

"You mean it was real?" Jonghyun blurted.

Hyerin growled. "And instead, it was Taemin who noticed I was late for the party and called me up, saying he looked for my contacts through your phone. He helped me with the stinking pipe and called for the plumber." she hissed. "So this is it huh, the difference between a best friend and an acquaintance?"

Jonghyun flinched. "You're my best friend, Hyerin, I didn't mean to-"

"Oh really?" Hyerin cut him off. "Like you didn't mean to leave in the middle when I was at the hospital, getting my report and thinking I had cancer but fortunately not? Like you didn't mean to not turn up at my grandmother's funeral? Jonghyun, I've been there for your ups and downs but you have never been there for mine." she swallowed back tears. "I'm tired. I can't do this."

"What are you talking about?" Jonghyun laughed uneasily. He never noticed how the two American girls he had been associating with had already slinked off.

"I don't want to be your best friend anymore if I'm more like a godmother." Hyerin let a tear roll down her cheek. "I think you'll be fine without me in your life. Like how I'll be fine without you."

-----

That was a month ago.

Now Jonghyun was sitting at the bar, drinking his seventh shot. Key rolled his eyes and patted Jonghyun's shoulder. "It's not that I'm biased or anything, but it's really your fault for driving her away, Jonghyun." he murmured. "You were a rotten best friend."

"I know." Jonghyun groaned. "Don't remind me."

Minho arrived and he took a double take at the drunken Jonghyun. "Wow, what happened to him again?" he blinked.

Taemin sighed. "Jonghyun hyung saw a guy ask Hyerin out today, she accepted." he explained. "He's been acting possessive for the past month even though noona doesn't want anything to do with him."

Onew leaned forward and knocked Jonghyun on the head. "And have you figured why you feel that way, you slowpoke?"

Jonghyun lifted his head. He blinked for a few times, clearing his vision. His throat suddenly clogged and tears gathered in his eyes. Holy , he was going to cry. "I...I think I love her."

"Complicated you're in." Minho pursed his lips. "And how are you going to win her back?"

Jonghyun's bottom lip trembled. "I...I..."

"She's been with you through ups and down, Jonghyun." Key murmured. "Now it's your turn. Do something about it."

-----

There came a knock on the door and Hyerin opened it. Her eyes widened when she saw Jonghyun standing there with an affectionate smile. Her eyes widened even more when she noticed a luggage bag beside him.

"Kim Jonghyun." she gasped. "What are you doing here?"

"Moving in." Jonghyun pushed past her and set his luggage down. "I'm moving into your guest room from today onwards. Although I wouldn't mind if you'd like to share a room with me." he wriggled his brows.

Hyerin rolled her eyes and shut the door. She whacked his head, hard. "What the hell are you talking about?" she snapped. "Haven't I made myself clear? I don't want anything to do with you anymore, Kim Jonghyun. Get your out of my house."

Jonghyun looked at her. "If you had wanted me to leave, you wouldn't have closed the door." he pointed. Hyerin flinched.

"Hyerin," Jonghyun sighed, standing up and taking her hand. Hyerin moved back one step to regain her personal space but Jonghyun pulled her back. "Hyerin, I know I've been a rotten best friend."

"Hah." Hyerin muttered.

"The worst." Jonghyun nodded. "And you're right. You've been there for me when my puppy died when I was seven. When I broke up with my first girlfriend when I was fifteen. When I got sacked from my first job at eighteen. Hyerin, you were there when I needed you but I wasn't, i'm sorry."

Hyerin looked away, blinking away the tears.

"And now I realize what you mean to me." Jonghyun whispered. "I never should have taken your presence for granted. You are the best thing in my life, Hyerin, I mean it."

Hyerin sniffled and looked at him. "So...what's with the luggage." she muttered in a tone that told him she was slightly less angry.

Jonghyun broke into a smile. "So now I'm going to be here whenever you need me to." he grinned. "And what better way than to stay here with you so that I'll be with you every single second? Isn't that a great idea?"

He grabbed his luggage and moved towards the guest room. Hyerin's eyes widened and she grabbed his arm. "Yah, I haven't given you permission yet."

Jonghyun pecked her lips lightly and he pulled back, smiling. Hyerin gasped, her hands darting to her lips as she stared at him in surprise.

"You'll say yes in the end, you know it." he chuckled. He moved into the guest room, leaving Hyerin staring blankly into space.

She finally snapped out of it and took a deep breath.

"YAH KIM JONGHYUN!!!!"

And there was a smile on her face.