Mistletoe

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

Username: Hyomsterr7
 Male character: ExoM Lay
 Female character Hyomin(OC Not t-ara)
 Plot: when they are on a date and lay finds a misletoe (i dont think i spelled that right) and hyomin doesnt know that lay has it c:
 Genre: Romance; fluff
 Title: Misletoe

 

-----

 

Hyomin giggled hysterically as her boyfriend Lay tickled her sides. "OPPA!"

Lay chuckled, his breath coming out in short pants and he stopped, his hands going around her waist to steer her as they walked. "Fine fine, I'll stop." he laughed. "You should have seen your face."

Hyomin hit his arm lightly, making a face. "You meanie." she huffed. "Who in the world plays tickle games when they're as old as you?"

Lay raised his brows and flicked her forehead. "As old as me? Are you saying I'm old?" he made a face. "Excuse me missus, but you're only two years younger than me. You're not that much younger."

"Two years is two years, you old man." Hyomin laughed.

Lay smiled and kissed the top of her head as he let her swing their arms to and fro while they strolled around the streets. It was evening and the sky streaked with pink and orange. There were faint christmas tunes from the shops around them and various christmas decorations around the street.

Lay and Hyomin had been dating for sometime and Lay found himself more and more in love with her every single day.

For one, Hyomin made him laugh like no one ever did.

For instance, now.

The two of them walked into a convenience store to get themselves some ice creams and ice lollies. Although it was really cold, they didn't mind having ice creams and ice lollies. Why worry about the cold when they had each other to hug to generate warmth? *shudders at my own greasiness*

Anyway, as Lay paid for their orange flavored ice lollies and was tearing the wrappers and holding one out to her, Hyomin didn't take it from him, her attention completely snagged by something else.

She tugged on his sleeve and pointed at the various multicoloured boxes near the cashier counter. "What's all those, oppa?" she murmured. "I've always seen them but I never knew what those were." she pouted.

Lay's eyes widened as she moved towards them and tried to grab one and he quickly pulled her back. "Baby, let's go."

Hyomin blinked at him. "But-"

Lay grabbed her hand and tugged her out even though the lolly was melting on his other hand. He pulled her away to a safe twenty metres away and stopped to look at her, laughing bubbling out of his lips. "Oh Hyomin ah..."

Hyomin took the lolly from him and bit a piece off. She frowned at him and made a face. "What?" she sulked. "I'm curious, that's why I asked."

Lay looked at her, his laughter getting louder. "Babe, you seriously didn't know what those were?" he turned away to face the wall, laughing hard. "Oh gosh, I can't even-"

"Yah!" Hyomin poked his shoulder. "Am I missing something?"

"Yes, a very big something." Lay calmed himself. He pulled her nearer and leaned over to whisper in her ear. "Babe, those were condoms."

Hyomin's eyes widened and her hands flew to . "OH MY GOD."

Lay burst into laughter all over again. He aimed his ice lolly to a rubbish bin nearby because he most certainly didn't have an appetite to eat anymore. He pried Hyomin's hands away from her face and ruffled her hair. "I'm a little surprised that you didn't know that even after so many years of your life." he grinned.

Hyomin pouted. "Aish stop laughing at me!"

Lay took her hand and steered them onwards, leaning over to take a bite from her ice lolly. "Don't be embarrassed. It was cute." he mused. Hyomin gave him a look, her face still red.

They walked around for a while more and Lay controlled his laughter the entire time when he remembered the scene back at the convenience store.

They had a nice dinner at a restaurant near the river and after they finished, went up to the sky garden balcony which the building boasted. They could see the view of the city lights from up there and it was really pretty indeed.

Hyomin settled against the railings and looked down at the sights. Lay came up from behind her and hugged her waist, rocking them side to side.

He randomly looked up and blinked at what he saw.

Mistletoe.

He grinned and nudged Hyomin. "Babe, look up."

Hyomin did. She blinked at the little piece of greenery hanging above their heads. "What's that?" she asked curiously. "It's just a plant thing with ribbons."

Lay's grin widened. "You don't know what those are, babe?"

Hyomin shook her head and laughed. "Oppa, I'm studying to be a fashion designer, not a gardener." she thought it was funny. "How could I recognize what type of plant that is?"

Lay turned her to face him, his palms resting on the railings and trapping her in. "Babe, this is my second lesson to you for the day." he grabbed her hand and used her finger to point to the greenery on top of them. "That, is Christmas's best invention."

Hyomin blinked at him.

"That, is mistletoe." Lay grinned. Hyomin continued looking clueless. "So? Mistletoe the plant." she blinked.

Lay leaned closer. "Nuhuh that's not all." he grinned. "There's something you've got to do when two people accidentally stand under the mistletoe." his nose nuzzled hers. "They have to kiss." he whispered.

Hyomin's eyes narrowed. "No way, I'm not believing you." she shoved him further. "You made that up."

Lay laughed. "I'm not, you can ask around."

Hyomin harrumphed. "See if I don't."

And she really went around to another couple that was at the balcony and pointed to the mistletoe, asking what it was. Her eyes quickly widened and she glanced back at Lay, embarrassed.

She shuffled back to him, her eyes directed downwards. "You were right."

Lay pulled her closer. "Aren't I always?" He mused. "We're under the mistletoe again, you owe me two now." he tilted her head up.

Hyomin's eyes fluttered close as Lay's lips met hers.

Hmm, she didn't mind running into a few more of those green thingies.