When should I tell

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

Username: KisaLee
Featuring Male Idol(s): Shim ChangMin
Featuring Female: Han YuMi
Plot: ChangMin has feelings for YuMi but he's waiting for the right time to tell her because no matter how he looks at it he can't seem to tell if she just likes him as a friend.
Genre: Romance (Maybe some comedy)
Title: When Should I tell

 

-----

 

Changmin frowned and massaged his temples as he read the magazine.

A stupid love guidiance magazine.

Seriously, the fact that the suave maknae of DBSK had to read something like that was pure humiliation. Changmin would never have done anything like that but he was out of options. He didn't know what to do about all this pent up frustration and he didn't want to ask any of his hyungs.

Changmin sighed and flipped through the pages. He was the maknae of the Rising Gods of the East for goodness sake. Yes perhaps their popularity wasn't as great now as they had been when they were five, but DBSK was still popular. They were the Gods of kpop before Super Junior and Brown Eyed Girls came out with Sorry Sorry and Abracadabra. They were the kings.

But this superstar, who could belt out high notes that even girls couldn't reach, dance confidently in front of a crowd of ten thousand, this superstar didn't know how to express his affections for this one particular girl that caught his heart.

Han Yumi.

Changmin first met Yumi in a cafe when he was out of job. The period where JYJ had left them and Yunho and him fell into depression. One day they were standing on a grand stage in Tokyo and the next they were out of schedules.

He had been pretty depressed and gloomy at that time when he met her. She had the brightest and most friendly smile as she regarded him, even though he had let his temper go wild on a few occasions because he needed somewhere to vent his frustration about the DBSK-SM-JYJ situation.

And it was then that he realized that Yumi didn't even know who DBSK was. She didn't know him.

She regarded him as Shim Changmin, a normal guy instead of Choikang Changmin of DBSK. And that bit of familiarity made Changmin warm up to her, dragging him out of depression. It wasn't a wonder that he fell for her as they got closer.

The thing was, Yumi had become such an important person in his life that he couldn't risk losing her. If his confession didn't work out, they might lose this friendship and he didn't want that.

Which was why he was seeking help from this magazine for hints if she felt the same way as he did.

How to tell if you've been friendzoned or boyfriendzoned.

1. Skinship

- She doesn't mind you touching her and she touches you naturally when you two are in a conversation. [Boyfriendzoned]

-She touches you but only to slap your arm when you say something wrong. [Friendzoned]

Changmin scratched his head as he recalled if Yumi did a lot of touching with him.

Yumi wasn't the touchy feelly sort of person and Changmin couldn't recall a time when he actually touched her bare skin. Perhaps he guided her with his hand to her back when they were walking, so was that counted?

Oh maybe once, when she almost fell and Changmin grabbed onto her hand.

Changmin frowned a little more when he remembered teasing her about something and Yumi slapped his arm, rolling her eyes. He frowned. Friendzoned - 1. Boyfriendzoned - 0.

2. Talking

- When you two are talking about relationships, she would smile mysteriously at you. [Boyfriendzoned]

- She talks about other guys in her life. [Friendzoned]

Changmin's face fell. Oh no.

He remembered Yumi talking about her past boyfriend which she broke up with a few weeks before she met him. She recently met up with her ex and she had begun talking about him animatedly with Changmin.

Friendzoned - 2. Boyfriendzoned - 0.

3. Eye contact

- You find yourself staring into her eyes for more than 20 seconds at a go and she doesn't look away. [Boyfriendzoned]

- She doesn't even look at you [Friendzoned]

Changmin heaved a sigh of relief.

This was easy. He and Yumi often lapsed into these staring sessions when they had run out of things to say to each other and they would just smile.

At these moments, Changmin always felt like his heart was bursting out of his chest because it raced so rapidly and he desperately wanted to lean down to kiss her but his logical sense stopped him from doing so.

Friendzoned - 2. Boyfriendzoned - 1.

4. Trust

- You're the first one she calls when something happens in her life, be it sad or happy. [Boyfriendzoned]

- You find out what happens in her life from other people or from facebook. [Friendzoned]

Changmin found himself smiling brighter.

Yumi was so close to him that they called each other every night. She refrained calling him in the day because she knew she had schedules to go to but he would always be the first person to know anything that happened to her.

He remembered when her grandmother was sent to the hospital and he had received a call while he was on Knee Drop Guru. He wanted to run to her right then but Yunho stopped him, and he had to bear with the rest of the program, anxiously worrying about her.

When he got to her, he realized that she hadn't even contacted her parents about it because she only thought to contact him.

That meant something, didn't it?

5. Acceptance

- She knows what you like and what you don't, she's aware of your flaws and she nags at you to change in a harmless way, accepting you for who you are. [Boyfriendzoned]

- She knows about your flaws and scolds you for it, obviously displeased about somethings about you. [Friendzoned]

Changmin sat back on his chair and frowned.

He didn't know the answer to this one.

He knew Yumi's likes and dislikes and she knew his as well. But did she accept him for who he was? The real Shim Changmin had a lot of flaws just like any other ordinary man out there.

He didn't like to cook but he loved to eat. When he did, he didn't like to clean up the pots and pans and often left them in the sink till Yunho came to scold him for it. He worked out because of his idol image and he often left the sweat-drenched tees in the corner of his room.

Did Yumi accept these things about him?

Changmin was once in a while selfish about himself. He sometimes liked to think there weren't children starving in Africa when he gorged himself silly. He would let his eyes wander through the girls that walked outside their cars and mentally give them a rating.

Did Yumi accept him for that?

There came a knock on the door and Changmin scrambled up, hiding the magazine away. He opened the door to find Yumi standing there with a great many bags. "Help me with these will you?" she passed him some as she closed the door behind her.

Changmin stared at the grocery bags filled with many food and ingredients for his favorite dishes.

"What-"

"You need to eat, silly." Yumi clicked her tongue. "You're the bottomless pit, don't you think I'd know that?" she mused. "I figured it was time to stock up your fridge since it isn't very convenient for you to get out."

Changmin stared at her.

"And besides," Yumi shook her head, smiling as she piled the things into the fridge. "There are dishes to be washed aren't there? Knowing you, those dishes might date back to a week. And I thought I should help you with the laundry. Have you been washing your work out tees?"

Changmin felt a lump come to his throat.

"I don't know why I'm even doing this." Yumi continued, laughing. "But that's the way you are and I accept you for that."

She turned around to look at him questioningly. "Yah, why haven't you said a word since I arrived?"

And that was when Changmin knew, it was time.

 

 

-----

 

This was the most nerve-wracking thing I had to write, immediately after chapter 16's. I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN PEOPLE WOULD REQUEST FOR CHANGMIN.

I've never written a fic about Changmin because he's my ULTIMATE bias and I just can't stand writing about him with another girl. GAHD I almost didn't survive this one. Notice how there weren't much interaction between them two till the end. HEHEH.