Anything for you to be happy

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

Username: iSushiKimchi
 Male idol: Kris Wufan
 Female Character: Shin Sungrin (OC)
 Plot: Kris' best friend, Shin Sungrin, had her heart broken on Christmas Eve. Kris tries to do everything just to have his best friend, who he has feeling for, be happy again
 Genre: Romance, fluff, comedy
 Title: Anything for you to be happy

 

------

 

Sungrin bit her lip as she waited by a lamp post.

It was the night of Christmas Eve, there were so many couples around at the Han River, waiting for the firework display. And here she was, alone.

She didn't want to be mad at him on Christmas Eve, she had so much hopes for this one. She didn't even want to think of all those times when he didn't turn up on their dates. The times when she finally got him to answer his phone and the call lasted less than a minute. The times when she felt like she wasn't even his girlfriend as he didn't acknowledge her in school.

She thought that perhaps, since it was Christmas the season of giving, she should be more magnanimous and he would be better for a change.

Apparently not, or she wouldn't be standing here, fifteen minutes to Christmas with no boyfriend in sight.

Sungrin sighed and tried his mobile again. Where was he? Why wasn't he here yet?

She finally saw his figure trudging towards her and she brightened. The fact that he was there made her want to throw away all her griviences and she didn't even feel like getting mad at him. "You're here!" she beamed.

He stopped in front of her, not looking at her directly in the eye, seeming exceptionally interested in her shoes for once. "Yeah I am." he muttered.

"Let's choose a nice spot to watch the fireworks." Sungrin beamed. "And I have a present for you." she thought of the expensive watch in her bag that she had survived a whole lot of OTs to get.

"Wait Sungrin." he grabbed her arm. "We have to talk." he sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, a motion that told her he was frustrated. "Sungrin I'm sorry. I'm sorry to do this on Christmas Eve, but I couldn't do this anymore. I want to be truthful because it's the last thing I owe you."

He looked her in the eye. "Sungrin, there's someone else." he murmured. Sungrin felt the three words attack her heart in three separate blows. She nearly staggered.

"I'm sorry I never told you earlier." he faked a smile. "But we aren't working out. There's no more spark, Sungrin. I've found someone else for me and I hope you will too. Merry Christmas." And then he walked away, away to another pretty girl that was waiting in the corner.

He took the girl's hand and they walked off together.

And as the fireworks exploded around her when midnight , Sungrin's heart broke into a million pieces.

-----

"Sungrin." Kris sighed and picked at the lump underneath the blanket. "You can't keep hiding in here. It's been three days."

Kris rubbed his temples when all that Sungrin did was give him a small sound of protest. He was furious. He had loved Sungrin since they were young teenagers and he really wanted her to be happy. He didn't tell her his feelings because he was off to become a singer and it would cause great burden to her if she was his girlfriend. And anyway, she didn't seem to like him in that way either.

So he tolerated it as she went on dating this guy, this guy that seemed to make her happy and smile brightly in the way she never did with him.

And then this particular guy went ahead to break her heart, on Christmas Eve no less. That guy was a freaking bastard and Kris really wanted to kill him.

Sungrin had gone over to his dorm in the middle of the night after the break up. Kris was surprised to see her but he didn't ask much, only knowing that the guy broke up with her and she was heart broken. He cancelled as many schedules as he could to stay in with her, but when he couldn't delay anymore, he made sure some of s were home to watch after her.

Sungrin hadn't uttered more than five words in three days and it was making him panic. He didn't like it when she was like that. "Sungrin..." he pulled the blankets from her and saw that she was lying in a fetal position. Her eyes were puffy from constant crying the last few days and he highly suspected that the only reason why she wasn't crying right then was because she might be dehydrated if she cried anymore.

"He's not worth it, Sungrin." Kris muttered, knowing in his mind who else was worth it. Him. "Come on, let's get you washed up." he carried her bridal style to the toilet and she never made a sound of protest. He squeezed some toothpaste on her toothbrush and passed it to her.

She brushed her teeth lifelessly, not looking up. She looked like a zombie. He had to do something to get his old Sungrin back.

As he ushered her to the breakfast table, he made his mind up to put his plan in action. Xiumin was already flipping pancakes when they got there and he sent Sungrin a smile. "Hey you're up. Up for pancakes? Mine are the best, I tell you."

Sungrin just sat down on the chair, staring at the cutlery.

"Yours are good, but not as good as Kyungsoo's." Kris grinned. He walked over to get the plates and faked a trip, landing dramatically on his . "OWWIEEE~" he cried, something he would never have done even if he fell for real. Which never occurred in the past.

Xiumin raised his brows at the duizhang for a moment before bursting into laughter. "Oh gosh dude! Was that epic or what?"

"Aish." Kris pouted. He glanced at Sungrin. She didn't crack even a smile.

He frowned, he had to try harder. He got the pancakes and he passed them to Sungrin, pouring a glass of milk for her. "Hmmm, I LOOOOOOVE~ milk in the morning." he drank his and his lips.

Xiumin looked at Kris, not even laughing this time. "Dude, you're weird."

Kris frowned, looking at Sungrin. She didn't even seem like she was paying attention.

The other members woke up and smiled when they saw Sungrin at the breakfast table. "You're awake, sungrin?" Chen joked. "Aish three days is enough sleep."

"Wow pancakes." Tao reached for the plates. "Kris hyung, what song are we going to perform for the performance two days later? History or Mama?"

"It'll be the crossover between the two, together with EXO-K." Kris told him. He glanced at Sungrin. "But you know what, I wish we could perform Gee."

"Like GEE GEE GEE GEE BABY BABY BABE GEE GEE GEE GEE BABY BABY BABE~" he sang at the top of his voice and started dancing. And trust me, when you had a body as long as Kris's and a face as stern as that, dancing to Gee and acting cute was the most hilariously horrifying thing you had to witness in your life.

"What the hell was that?" Lay rubbed his eyes.

The other members were laughing their heads off and Kris glanced at Sungrin. She was finally looking at him with a hint of smile on her lips. Kris brightened, he had to try harder.

"Or what about Hyuna's Ice cream?" he tossed his imaginary long hair over his shoulder. "Nan dalkomhan ice cream neon noga naeril geol, Sangkeumhan ice cream cream cream cream cream~" he did a y dance.

"OH hyung you're absolutely revolting!" Chen squeezed his eyes shut.

"What, I thought I looked goooood." Kris emphasized, jerking his chest out.

Sungrin finally burst into giggles and Kris softened. The boys laughed as well, finally understanding the reason for their leader's weird behavior when they saw the look of pure relief on Kris's face when Sungrin laughed. So that was what it was all about.

Kris plopped down beside Sungrin and patted her head. "You finally laugh. You're hard to please, you know that?" he teased.

Sungrin smiled softly at him. "Thank you Kris oppa." she whispered. "You're the best."

"Agreed, best boyfriend material." Xiumin sang knowingly. "If I was a girl or I was gay, I'd go for him. No doubt."

Kris gave Xiumin a look but the bun hyung just danced away. Sungrin smiled at Kris. "He's right. You'll make the best boyfriend." she nodded in agreement. Kris smiled and his head swelled with pride. He could be the best boyfriend, for her.

"I feel much better already, SoNyeoKris." Sungrin cracked a grin. "Thanks for the laugh and thanks for the patience over these few days."

Kris ruffled her hair, unspoken words hanging in the air.

Anything for you to be happy. Anything.

 

 

 

-----

I was all involved in the emo breakup scene until I realized you wanted a fluff. /FACEPALM/

Haha hope Kris's foolish acts made up for it.