Secretly in love with you

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

Username: rice430
 Male Idol: Infinite's L
 Female OC: Jang Yu Mi
 Plot: Everybody thinks of L as a heartless and cold person because he never really shows his emotions to anyone except his friends but deep inside he is really warm hearted and kind of like a dork and a joker. No one knows about his true personality except for his very close friends, Infinite. He is secretly in love with a person named Jang Yu Mi who is also from his class though they never talked at school. Yumi treated L's injury before when they were young that made him fall for her. (Yumi has forgotten about it already but L would never forget it, hence he fell in love with her)One day, he finally mustered up courage to confess to her.
Genre: Romance
 Title: Secretly in Love With You

 

-----

 

"That's it! Thank you for your hard work!" The PD announced.

The celebrities smiled and clapped, shaking each other's hands. The Infinite boys were the last to leave the set to go back to their waiting rooms to change back into their casual clothes because it was polite to let the veterans go first.

The boys got into their waiting rooms and immediately, Dongwoo crashed on the couch. "Man, I'm so glad this is the last schedule of the day. I'm so tired."

"Me too." Hoya murmured, his eyes half closed. "But this isn't as bad as when we're preparing for comeback. That's so much worse."

Woohyun tapped Sunggyu on the shoulder and laughed. "Today you must be happy huh? The whole show's focus was on you. There won't be any parts edited out, I'll bet."

Sunggyu scowled. "Why would i want the attention on me when the cause of it is from all of you guys complaining about me?" he huffed. "Damn, my image is gone."

L laughed as he sat down to grab for a bottled water. "What image, Sunggyu hyung? I didn't know you have another image other than being demanding and scary." he joked.

Sunggyu aimed a whack at the visual's head and L ducked. Sungyeol observed everything with half-closed eyes. "Myungsoo ah, if only you talk like that in front of a camera too, your parts won't get edited out." he muttered. "You hardly said a word today."

L shrugged, drinking his water. "It's my image. Cold, silent."

"No wonder the other girl groups are always hesitant to talk to you." Sungjong pointed out. "Because they thought your real personality is cold and emotionless as well."

L shrugged again. He really didn't care about how the other girl group members thought about him. He only cared about how one girl looked at him, and that was Jang Yumi.

L had started liking Yumi when he was four.

They lived in the same neighborhood then but they never really talked before.

They weren't that close then since kids behaved randomly and joined whichever other kid that was around in games, not really picky about who they play with. L and Yumi mixed with the other kids at the playground, not specifically sticking to each other yet.

And then L decided to play with the swings. His mother had gone off for a moment and L decided to take the opportunity to play with the one thing his mother didn't let him.

He got on the swing with much trouble and pushed hard.

He didn't know he had to hold on to the swing so that he didn't go flying off, and he just sat there, expecting his to stay firmly in the seat.

Of course, he was sent flying from the swing at the first moment and he sprawled on the grass in a painful manner. L started crying before he knew what had happened. The shock and pain was more than what a four year old could handle and soon he was bawling.

However, Yumi stopped playing sandcastles with the other kids and she went over to him in concern.

"You okay?" she asked with her round eyes wide. She gasped at his wound and quickly patted him on the shoulder. "It's gonna be alright. Lemme tell mah mummy." she waved frantically at her mother who appeared soon after, helping L with the bandaging of the wound.

From that moment, young L decided that Yumi was the girl he was going to marry.

-----

But then Yumi moved away from that neighborhood and L never saw Yumi again, until he was in high school. The first time he saw her again, he found her oddly familiar and as he searched his memory, he realized who she was. His bride.

It was kind of childish that he stuck to his four year old wishes, he had thought. But because of his four year old's wishes, L started noticing Yumi out of his own accord. His Infinite L personality had infiltrated his daily school life and he continued acting cold and emotionless except to Infinite.

He never talked to anyone for more than a few sentences, much less Yumi. However by just observation, L realized he had started falling for Yumi for real as an eighteen year old.

And now two years later as Infinite's L, he still loved her, the feeling stronger than ever.

They were now in the same faculty in university and L rarely saw her because of his Infinite schedules. However when he did, she always sent a bright polite smile as she went and that was the sole motivation for him continuing with his university studies.

Could he fall for someone even without talking to her much before? He never thought it was possible, but the feelings he felt for her showed him otherwise.

Which was why one day, L decided he had to confess.

-----

L went to school that day, a rare occurrance now with his schedules. He usually met up with the professors one to one for intense lessons since he missed so many, but that day, L decided to go for the usual group lectures.

When he walked into the lecture hall, many people turned to look at him, not expecting him to turn up even though they knew Infinite's L was supposed to be in this lecture.

"Omo! L is here in school today!" girls whispered.

L ignored them and he looked around the lecture hall for somewhere to sit. He could see some girls looking at him with hopeful eyes, some guys pretending they didn't care about Infinite's L but their tensed posture giving them off.

L didn't want to sit with them.

He finally saw her sitting in the second row of the lecture call where most of the students avoided since it was at the front, and he made his way over without hesitation. He approached Yumi and cleared his throat. Yumi blinked up at him and gave him a friendly smile. "Hi Myungsoo sshi."

"Hey." L sat down next to her. Another reason why he loved her so much was because she still treated him as Kim Myungsoo,  not Infinite's L even after his debut. He liked that a lot.

There were murmurs and whispers from all around them and Yumi looked around. "You're creating quite a buzz by being here." she mused.

L shrugged, uninterested. "I'm just a student." he gave her a grin. Yumi smiled back and filed with her notes as the lecturer walked in. L pretended he could follow with the lesson and pretended he was listening to every single word the lecturer was saying, however he was just sneaking as many glances at Yumi as he could without being found out.

When the lecture ended, Yumi started packing her bag. L shoved his notes into his bag quickly and followed her out. "Are you free right now, Yumi?"

Yumi looked at him in surprise. "You're asking me?" she glanced at a few pretty girls standing nearby and listening onto their every word. She gulped. "Uhm yes?"

L bit his lip nervously. "Can I...treat you to a drink?"

-----

Which was how the afternoon found L and Yumi in the university's cafe corner with the rest of the students staring blatantly at the two of them.

Even the waitress smiled too exuberantly and lingered at their table far too long.

Yumi caught L wincing in the direction of a few fangirls outside the cafe and she laughed softly. "Being a celebrity isn't very easy huh?"

"You know it." L murmured. "I wish I could have my freedom back sometimes, but at the same time it's something I have to give up for pursuing my dream." he lowered his gaze, taking a deep breath. "And it's not too easy when I want to date either, because it'll be extremely hard on the girl when she doesn't get to see her boyfriend often and I won't be able to bring her out on dates like usual boyfriends."

Yumi nodded. "I'm sure that if the girl likes you enough, she'll not mind."

"Exactly." L took another deep breath. "Now the problem is that I'm not sure if the girl likes me as much as I like her, so even asking her to be my girlfriend is a problem."

Yumi faltered for a bit and she quickly collected her calm. L wondered if it was the surprise that he was asking her about this, or was it because she was disappointed that he hinted he liked someone.

"She must be a special girl." Yumi murmured distractedly.

"Yes she is." L nodded, gazing into her eyes. "I don't think she remembers, but we stayed in the same neighborhood when we were young. I was four at that time and I fell down at the swings at the playground. She came to help me." he scanned her face to see if she remembered. "I told myself that this girl was going to be my bride in the future."

Yumi's gaze shot up to his, faltering for a bit. "You mean you liked her since you were young? Wow." she sounded a little flat. "That must for the other girls huh? They couldn't even compete with her since the very beginning."

"To be fair, I finally entered the same high school as her two years ago and I started falling for her for real at that time." L murmured. "I really do like her."

Yumi looked at him cautiously. "Wait, so she studied in our high school?" she tapped her chin to remember. "I don't remember seeing you talk to any girl in particular at all." she bit her lip.

"I think she still doesn't remember." L looked at her. "She was in class 2A and I'm in 2B, which was why I went toilet so often to take a peek at her through the windows. She lived in Insadong street 72 in a creamy pink coloured house." he cocked his head to the side as he stared at her. "I wonder when she'll realize I'm talking about her."

Yumi frowned at him. "In 2A? That's my class!" she exclaimed, furrowing her brows even more since the suspects were decreased. "Wait." she stopped. "Insadong street 72....a creamy pink coloured house?" she gasped.

L nodded, his eyes twinkling with laughter. "So do you think she knows I'm talking about her yet?" he asked softly, his hands inching towards hers. "Do you think she'll agree to be my girlfriend?"

Yumi took a sharp breath when L's fingers touched hers, just the finger tips. "I think...I think..." she looked at him with a soft smile. "I think she'll say yes."