Overcoming the Obstacles

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

Username: kpopotakulover369
 2. Featuring male idol(s): INFINITE and SHINee
 3. Featuring female: OCs: Sarah and Jesica (not the SNSD member. You can change it if you want)
 4: Plot: Sarah and Jesica are going through problems that made them sad and depressed. INFINITE and SHINee are thinking of ways to cheer them up.
 5: Genre: Comedy
 6: Title: Overcoming the Obstacles.

 

 

-----

The loud beats of music came to a stop.

Sarah let out a sigh and slumped on the floor as beads of perspiration rolled down her face. "I'm beat. I can't anymore." she laid down on the cold hard wooden floor.

"I know it's tiring, but we've got to practice, Sarah." Jesica shook her head. "We're debuting in a months' time. We've got to show the world that even with two members, a girl group like us can succeed."

"But don't you think it's overly tiring?" Sarah murmured, her eyes closed. "14 hour practices, 6 hour voice trainings, watched over diets, 5 hour sleeps every night...I swear, we're going to faint if this keeps up."

Jesica looked at Sarah. "But the other stars have endured this all the same, haven't they?" she murmured. "We have to survive this, remember our dream?"

Sarah sighed softly and sat up. "I remember."

Sarah stood up again and stretched, feeling her muscles strained and tired. Her eyes were threatening to close and she could fall asleep if she blinked for a slightly longer time. "Let's do this again. Turn on the track."

-----

"Hey." Woohyun patted Jesica's head as he plopped down on the seat beside her. "You two look like you're going to sleep any time."

"We are going to sleep any time." Sarah yawned. "How do you guys survive for so long and still look so good?" she murmured sleepily. "I feel like I'm about to faint any time."

Sunggyu shrugged, sitting down too. "When you do without sleep for a long time, you'll get used to it." he said wisely. "And when the fans scream your name, you'll feel like it's worth it."

"Maybe." Jesica murmured, too tired to care.

The Infinite boys looked at each other, pained that their fellow label mates were having it so bad. Boy bands weren't as bad as girl groups because girls needed to be kept in shape desperately. For male idols, unless you weren't fat, you could do okay.

"Jess, we've got to go practice again." Sarah yawned as she got up sleepily. "Let's go."

The two girls trudged off, looking extremely worn out. Dongwoo shook his head. "They're having it bad. I remember when we were trainees, things were bad as well." he recalled. "We should do something to cheer them up because enduring all that back then is seriously worth it."

"Why don't we ask the SHINee boys to help as well?" Sungjong suggested. "I know Jonghyun hyung is Sarah's cousin, they will want to help."

"Sounds good." Hoya nodded.

-----

"Hyung!!!!" Key shrieked. "Will you stop doodling on their faces? They're girls! They won't take it as lightly as us when you doodle on their poster like you did during Hello Baby!"

Onew dropped the chalk like a kid getting caught by his mom. "It can be washed away!" he defended.

"So wash it." Sungyeol tossed a rag to Onew who pouted and quickly rubbed away his doodles. Taemin was working with his friend of the same age Sungjong, hanging up the party decorations. Minho was directing everyone and was actually doing a great job because some of them would stare into space when they had finished their own work.

"Sunggyu hyung, go scrub the toilet." Minho poined.

Sunggyu's jaw dropped. "Excuse me? I thought the party was in the living room. Why the need for the toilet?" he asked, frowning.

"Do the girls not need to go to toilets?" Minho questioned. "Better safe than sorry hyung. Don't you want the girls to have a good time?" he raised a brow.

The Gyu leader actually cringed. He took the brush and nodded. "Fine, I'll clean the toilet."

Woohyun patted Minho's shoulder after Sunggyu went out of sight. "Wow dude, the first time someone actually snubbed our leader gyu." he grinned. "I cannot imagine how you treat Onew hyung."

"DON'T TALK ABOUT IT!" Onew called from the other side of the room.

The Infinite and SHINee boys had gathered together to host a surprise party for the girls since they needed cheering up. For people who had experienced everything before, the boys knew just how hard it was to endure when they were trainees.

There was the fear that they wouldn't be popular after debut. The fear that they weren't doing well enough and the company would cast them aside. The fear that their families would worry about them.

Things got more stressful but at the same time easier when they debuted. They got their fan support and it tided them through things and obstacles. To know that people out there were supporting you made a huge difference when you were working hard.

The girls didn't have that at the time being, and the boys knew how hard it was.

They hid in their corners when Sarah and Jesica finally arrived at the Infinite dorm. "Oppas?" Jesica poked her head in. "It's all dark inside. Why did they ask us here again?"

"I don't think I was listening when Sungyeol oppa was talking to us." Sarah laughed. "I was too busy trying not to sleep."

The girls entered the dorm and all of a sudden, the lights and twelve boys emerged from their hiding spots, wearing party hats. "SURPRISE!!!"

The girls gasped in surprise and took in their surroundings. "What-"

"You girls were surprised aren't you!" Jonghyun grinned and ruffled his cousin Sarah's hair. Sarah blinked at her cousin. "Wait Jonghyun oppa? Wait....SHINee is here too?" she gasped. "Why are you guys here?"

"Don't you want us here?" Key faked a sob and Taemin patted the former's head.

"No but..why?" Jesica looked around in awe.

"We just want you to know that even though the days are hard right now, things will get better." Sunggyu told them. "And you girls deserve a break, so cheer up."

"Awww!!!" Jesica teared up. "You guys are so sweet."

Dongwoo cocked a brow. "Why thank you."

"GROUP HUG!" Sarah announced. The boys piled up and everyone collapsed to the ground, laughing merrily.

Sarah caught Jesica's eyes and smiled. Yes, they were going to do it. And they had people supporting them wherever they went.

At least, this twelve.