Sweet little surprise

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

1.StoriesWriter
 2.Onew
 3.Song Minji
 4.Onew and Minji are a couple. It was 24th December and they decided to date at that night, but because Onew's packed schedule, he couldn't. So he decided to make a sweet little surprise for her. (so that she won't stay mad at him)
 5.Romance, romcom
 6.Sweet Little Surprise (If you don't really like it or find it not really suited for the story, you may change it)

 

-----

 

Minji stared at her reflection with the sweetest smile on her face.

She had on a red minidress just for the festive season and cute silver butterfly clips in her hair. She hummed a cheerful tune and smiled to herself, putting on a charmed bracelet.

It was December 24th, Christmas Eve.

And like all couples and Christmas Eve, Minji was going to spend it with her boyfriend, Onew.

Yes, the very same Onew you saw from your computer screen and the same Onew who sang beautifully. The SHINee leader, Lee Jinki.

Song Minji was actually SHINee's fangirl. She had been Onew biased since SHINee debuted and had loyally liked him throughout. During the Ring Ding Dong days, Minji went to a cafe to get a drink. The cafe was playing Ring Ding Dong coincidentally and Minji hummed along while waiting for her order.

A guy wearing a hoodie, sunglasses and a mask walked past her and without any warning whatsoever, he fell onto the ground in that clumsy way of his.

His shoelaces weren't even untied.

And then Minji rushed to his help which he accepted gratefully. They talked a little and he treated her to another drink, wanting to talk more.

When Minji was about to leave, he finally took off his mask and Minji nearly fainted. She had been talking to Lee Jinki, Onew.

And so their relationship begun. It was quite difficult at times, having a celebrity boyfriend and not being able to tell anyone about it, but Minji was okay with it. She felt lucky and fortunate for Onew to love her.

This Christmas, Onew called her out on a date.

It might have been a pretty normal happening for anyone out there, but to Minji, it was a great gift. Onew had so many schedules, recordings, filmings...he barely had time to see her most of the days. And on Christmas Eve, the audiences would want to see their favorite boy bands even more and it would be so difficult to get an hour free then.

Minji smiled and grabbed her bag, running out of the door. She was supposed to meet Onew at the cafe where they first met, where he would bring her somewhere else, she presumed.

She got to the cafe early and ordered a latte, sipping slowly as she waited.

She observed the other couples around in the cafe who were sharing chocolate log cakes and cuddling together, snuggling in an affectionate manner. It was so cute.

She wanted to be like this with Onew.

Minji waited and waited.

Seconds ticked away, then minutes....and then a whole hour.

Minji frowned lightly. Onew was half an hour late. However she didn't blame him because she knew of his work.

She didn't want to message him or call him either, in case she disrupted his schedules.

And then she waited...and waited...and waited....

Until a text came.

To: Minji

I'm REALLY sorry baby. I can't turn up tonight.

There's this radio show I thought manager hyung had helped me cancel but turns out he forgot to. I've got to go for it and it's going to last for a few hours.

I'm sorry babe.

Don't wait at the cafe anymore and go grab something to eat, okay?

From: Onew

Minji sighed and clicked her phone shut.

She got out of the cafe and went to the eatery near her house to buy herself some dinner. As she sat down to eat her bowl of noodle soup herself, the ahjumma tending the eatery came to her.

"Are you Song Minji?" she asked.

Minji blinked, surprised. "Yes. How did you know?"

The Ahjumma smiled. "Your boyfriend wanted me to give this to you." she passed a letter to her. "And your noodle's already paid for. No need to pay later."

Minji gasped and opened the letter.

Surprised? Sorry I couldn't turn up, but I figured I should do a little something for you since it's still Christmas Eve.

Now be a good girl and finish your noodle soup (am I right?) and when you're done, go to the Ben and Jerry's near at the shopping mall and tell them you're Song Minji.

Remember to take a photo and send it to me!

Love you,
Onew

"Oh that sweetie." Minji smiled, touched. She hurried through her noodles and went to the Ben and Jerry's shop she knew Onew was talking about. When she introduced herself hesitantly as Song Minji, the staff prepared a large Christmas special Banana split for her even with mini fireworks.

Minji snapped a few pictures and sent one to Onew, digging into the delicious ice cream.

She was filled to the brim with ice cream by the time she was done. Apparently, the flavors included were selected by Onew as well, and only those he knew she liked were in her banana split. That sweetheart.

The waiter came over and gave her another letter.

Now that I know you're eaten your dinner and dessert, go to the Han River and watch the fireworks.

There'll be an ahjusshi there selling mini fireworks. Ask him for another letter.

Love you,
Onew

Minji rushed all the way to the Han River just in time to watch the firework display.

She smiled brightly, capturing a gazillion pictures. Even though Onew wasn't by her side. It seemed as if he was.

Minji looked around for the Ahjusshi he was talking about and got the letter from him.

Now I guess you're tired, so go home and rest, babe.

Oh...and remember to check your letter box!

Love you,
Onew

Minji took a cab home, smiling widely.

She went to her letter box and indeed, there was a package inside. Minji went back to her apartment and sat on the couch as she unwrapped the package.

She gasped as she opened it.

It was a delicate Tiffany and co's heart shaped necklace and it looekd absolutely beautiful. And it must have cost a bomb too. "Oh Jinki oppa..." she smiled, touched.

She read the note attached to it.

Sorry I couldn't spend Christmas Eve with you but I hope you like what I planned.

Wear the necklace for me, won't you?

My radio show is ending a 12:30. I'll be over in around half an hour, so wait for me?

Love you,
Onew

And so Minji put on the necklace, and she waited.