A little misunderstanding

My Neighbour Is Super Junior!

12 January 2012

Author's POV:

"To great success for the drama!" Director Kwon cheered. The crew raised their soju glasses in the air and clinked it together. Jaehyun and you clinked glasses with our seniors, of course, your glasses had to be lower than their as a form of respect. The crew were at a resort for a final bonding session with everyone.

"Eat as much as you want, it's on me," Seunghyun smiled. The staff and cast all cheered and began feasting. Jaehyun and you ate your fill, it's been ages since the both of you had such a good meal, not to mention free. After everyone was done eating, the crew had quite a few rounds of soju. Most of them ended up drunk, including you. The friends of the drunk brought them to their rooms. Jaehyun struggled to help you up so Seunghyun assisted her. 

"I left something downstairs, I'll go get it. Here's the room card, I'll be back soon," Jaehyun said and handed Seunhyun the room card. Seunghyun nodded and slid the card in to unlock the door. After successfully opening the door, he gently laid you on one of the beds.

Bwara Mr. Simple Simple
Geudaeneun Geudaeneun Geudaeneun Meotjyo

"Yeoboseyo?" Seunghyun answered your phone.

"Who's this? You're not the owner of the phone," Eunhyuk said.

"She's drunk, I'm helping her to her room, is there a message that needs to be passed?"  Seunghyun replied calmly.

"... No. Thank you," Eunhyuk hung up. 

Who the hell is that? She.. couldn't possibly be cheating on me, right? But where have I heard that voice before?

"Hey, I'm back," Jaehyun stumbled in. "Sunbae, you may go have your well deserved rest, I'll take care of things here."

"Alright. Oh, and Eunhyuk ssi called. I wonder how they know each other but I shan't pry. Do tell her to call him back, I'm sure he'd be worried that a guy answered her phone," Seunghyun smiled and put on his blazer.

"Will do. Goodnight, Sunbae," Jaehyun bowed and showed him out the door. She got dressed into her comfy pjs and changed you into your own. After cleaning you up, Jaehyun tucked you in bed before turning off the lights and falling asleep.

End of POV

 

Eunhyuk's POV:

The dry rehearsal at the concert venue in Manila was just pure hell. I couldn't focus at all and kept getting scolded by Leeteuk. "Yeoboseyo?" a man answered the phone.

"Who's this? You're not the owner of the phone," I said. What if she got abducted? What if she's in trouble, she isn't the type to let anyone answer her phone without permission.

"She's drunk, I'm helping her to her room, is there a message that needs to be passed?"  the man replied. She's drunk? She's with a man? What is she thinking? Did she even consider the dangers of getting drunk around a man? Is it because of the talk we had? She doesn't want to marry me so she's meeting with another guy? Cool. Totally cool.

"... No. Thank you," Eunhyuk hung up. 

Who the hell is that? She.. couldn't possibly be cheating on me, right? But where have I heard that voice before?

" this ," I flung my phone across the room, making it hit a wall and break into little bits and pieces. But I didn't care about that. I was mad, angry, disappointed, worried, confused and tired.

"Hyukjae what's wrong?" Leeteuk burst through the door. "What happened?"

"Nothing," I hissed. He got the message to let me cool down and left the room. 

End of POV

 

Your POV:

"Ugh, my head hurts," I groaned, pulling myself up into a sitting position with the thick fluffy blankets bunched around my waist. I blinked to clear my vision and that's when I saw Jaehyun sleeping on the other bed. I checked my phone and phone 113 missed calls from Eunhyuk and decided to call him back.

"Yeoboseyo? Oppa? You called?"

"I did. Who was the guy that answered your phone last night?" he said, I could tell by his tone that he was really mad.

"Last night? I don't know, I was drunk.." I muttered. I figured since I was having a killer hangover, I must have been drunk silly.

"So you think it's perfectly fine to let a man answer your phone? Did you not think that I'd be worried? What if he touched you?!" he started to raise his voice.

"Look, Hyukjae. We were having fun last night, it was the last meal together with the crew, obviously I'd get drunk! So how am I supposed to know! You can't blame me for something I had no knowledge and control over," I replied, getting extremely pissed off and the headache was not help at all.

"Do you know how worried I was? Why are you so irresponsible! If something happened to you then what would happen to me? And your parents? A guy was with you and you were drunk, do you not know the dangers of that?" he yelled. How unreasonable can he get? I was drunk, how the heck am I supposed to know who answered my phone?! 

"Am I not safe and sound talking to you right now? What's your problem! I know you're worried about me and I'm sorry but I seriously had no control over the whole situation, so why are you yelling at me?!"

"And if you're not safe? Who's going to come rescue you then, huh? Is it so wrong to worry about you? I stayed up all night worrying and calling you, you know that?" his voice softened.

"I know.. I'm sorry. Look, I'm safe now, okay?"

"Just.. Don't ever let that happen again okay? I don't know what I'd do."

"Okay, I love you."

"I love you too," the 'beep' followed after his sentence. I set down my phone and exhaled slowly. If that escalated any higher, we'd end up splitting ways. I shook everything off and just slept. Jaehyun woke me up later that day and we caught the shuttle bus back to Seoul with the entire crew.

--

21 January 2012

"Coming!" I said after hearing the doorbell ring.

"Baby!" Eunhyuk's back. He's changed so much, he's gotten skinnier and his hair isn't blonde anymore.

"You did something to your hair?" I smiled and brought him to the sofa.

"I did, dyed it brown. You like it?" he touched his hair while asking me.

"I love it. I'm so glad you're back," I leaned forward and hugged him tight. "I missed you."

"I missed you too. Now, let's go make some food and we’ll watch your drama, kay?”

“Are you sure you wanna cook?” I laughed, pulling him up from the sofa.

“Well you can tell me what to do,”he smiled. We just decided to do bibimbap since I had leftover rice from last night’s dinner. Eunhyuk helped fetched the ingredients and I put the ground beef in a pan and began to stir fry it before putting the cooked beef into a separate plate from the washed and cooked bean sprouts, thin slices of freshly sauté-ed shiitake and carrots and boiled spinach. Once all the ingredients were cooked, I mixed them all together and added some soy sauce and pepper for taste, not forgetting kimchi.

“Just in time,” Eunhyuk said, looking at the wall clock. We had about 3 minutes to 7.30 so we sat down with our spoon in hand and began to watch the drama. Eunhyuk wouldn’t stop laughing! I know I was a little awkward in the first few episodes but I did get better at the later ones, sheesh! After the drama, I sat wrapped in his arms and we just talked. About our future, plans and just everything.

5 years later~

Yesung and Ryeowook.. Well, they've gotten more cheerful over time. Yesung had finally moved on and found a beautiful girlfriend. Ryeowook on the other hand.. Well, that silly guy is still waiting. Although he doesn't show it, I could tell he was hurt when we told the guys about the marriage. The members were extremely excited since Eunhyuk is the second to get married in the group, the first being Shindong and Nari. They all insisted on being the bestman and whatnot. Jaehyun was more than willing to be my bridesmaid.

I've been doing pretty well the past  five years. I've won many awards, starred in dramas and movies, got into scandals for no reason and screwed up sometimes. Eunhyuk and I, well we've fought no less than an ordinary couple. We've broken up once or twice in the period of time, but we realised that neither of us could live without the other, so here we are, still going strong after all these years. 

Super Junior’s Eunhyuk and popular actress Park _____ have announced plans on marriage! The couple have released news of their dating 4 years ago and now they’re already tying the knot. After all the struggles they've faced, they're finally settling down. Let’s all congratulate the happy couple on the marriage.

“Hyukjae, they’ve written an article,” I muttered.

“Then let them,” he replied nonchalantly while playing with our miniature schnauzer that we've been taking care of since about a year ago.

“You know this is unnecessary attention,” I sighed.

“It’s the truth anyways. Besides, the fans love you and everything,” he said.

“Okay, fine. My mom’s going to take care of everything so we just have to go for the wedding photo shoot, try on the clothes and attend our own wedding, that’s all,” I recited from the text my mom sent me.

“Yes, wife,” he teased. I threw and pillow and him which landed harmlessly on his chest. The past five years weren’t easy. It could’ve been worse if the fans didn’t like me, but I’m glad they did. They were harder to please than his parents. He introduced me to his family about 4 years ago, sometime after we released news of our relationship. His sister was very supportive of the marriage but his parents were somewhat hesitant at first but agreed in the end. 

"When's your mom flying over? We'll go pick her up," Eunhyuk said, flipping channels on tv.

"Tomorrow at 2pm," I said, closing my laptop and taking a seat next to him with Henry curled up in my lap. Yes, we named the schnauzer after Super Junior's Henry.

--

"Mom! Over here!" I waved frantically at the woman I haven't seen in ages. Dad was walking beside her, pushing the trolley of luggage.

"My goodness! Sweetheart you've changed so much," my mother hugged me. I was pretty sure she was referring to my golden brown hair, it was for work.

"My baby girl's all grown up," my dad sniffed dramatically.

"Umma, appa, this is Hyukjae, although I'm pretty sure you know him since you met last year," I smiled.

"Annyeonghaseyo," Hyukjae bowed.

"Aigo, my son in law has gotten more handsome," mom cupped his cheeks. He helped my dad with the luggage and loaded them into the trunk of his car. The hour drive back to Seoul was filled with lively chatter, especially about the wedding. Mom seemed more excited than Hyukjae and I were combined. They were going to live with me until the weddingwas over, then they would fly back to LA.

"So here we are," I said, getting out of the car.

"Thank baby," I smiled when he got my parent's suitcases out for them.

"Oh my, the old man can handle it himself," my mom said in English. Her Korean was limited, afterall.

"What did she say?" Hyukjae whispered to me in Korean.

"She said my dad could handle it," I answered.

"Ahh. No, this one my pleasure to.." he trailed off. His eyes looked to me for help.

"Help you," I laughed.

"To help chu," he smiled.

"Son in law is so cute," mom squealed.

"Come on mom, let's go up," I rolled my eyes. Dad and Hyukjae rolled the suitcases into the lift and we entered the apartment.

"You guys even have a huge photo together," my dad pointed at the huge picture of Hyukjae and I that was hanging on the wall behind the tv.

"Yeah, we took that in Hawaii last year. Appa, you guys will be sleeping here," I smiled and opened the door for them. After a few days of touring Seoul with me as their tour guide, we finally got down to business. The engagement party was to take place 2 weeks from now and the actual wedding will be on March 20th 2016. Since the weather was chilly, the wedding planner booked a small ballroom for the engagement. We didn't plan on having an extravagant one, we wanted to keep it within a small circle, just my parents, his parents, Super Junior and their parents, Jaehyun, my colleagues from YG and my aunt, uncle and cousin that were living in Korea.The the choosing of the wedding gown and tuxedo would be on Febuarary 17th,  engagement party will be on the 20th and the photoshoot on March 10th. The reset of the days will just be for us to rest and spend time together.

Febuarary 17 2016~

"Baby are you done.." Hyukjae whined from the living room. I rolled my eyes and took my own sweet time. After I was satisfied with my outfit and make up, I left my bedroom.

"Yes, Mr. Whiney, I'm done. We can go now," I pulled him off the sofa and he grabbed his car keys. Holding hands, we made our way to his car. The drive was about half an hour and we pulled up along a whole row of shops and restarants. We walked into the wedding dress shop, Natalie's Choice and got led to a room. On the left was a rack full of different beautiful designs of wedding dresses while on the right was a rack full of smart looking, black and white tuxedos.

"Will the bride— Omo it's ______! You're that famous actress right? Oh my gosh please give me an autograph!" the young looking staff said excitedly.

"Um.. Sure thing," I said. I signed her notebook and she transformed into a professional worker. I read her nametag, Kim Na Hyun, instructed me to pick out the dresses that caught my eye and when I was done, I went to change into the first one. It was a hug-the-body kind of dress. Sequins and jewels were sewed around the torso area. At my knees, the dress was fluffy and it flowed loosely, barely brushing against the floor.

"How is it?" I asked nervously. Hyukjae who was sitting on the sofa shook his head. I nodded and went back into the dressing room to change into my second dress. Everything was rejected until the final one. I was geting extremely annoyed and tired of changing in and out of different dresses. The dust in the room was irritating my nose, making me sneeze a lot.

"Hyukjae, this is the last one. If this doesn't work out, we're going to start with you," I stated flatly.

"Sure sweetheart, whatever you say~" The staff helping out pulled the curtains to the side for the 11th time. 

"This one. Get this dress," Hyukjae said as soon as he saw it.