bitter past.

My Neighbour Is Super Junior!

 

Yesung POV:

'YEEESSSSSUNNG AH~' eeteuk hyung screamed as he pounced onto the foot of my bed, waking me up.

'Ugh, hyung, what do you want..' i murmured as i buried my face under my pillows and pulling the blankets up, covering my whole body.

'WE'RE GOING ON A HOLIDAY~' eeteuk hyung beamed as he ripped the blanket away from my body and threw it onto the ground. Hearing that, i shot up and shouted, 'MWOH?! A HOLIDAY? WHERE ARE WE GOING?' i was getting excited.

'We're going to Sapphire Seaside Resort~ SM owns it so it'll be FREE.OF.CHARGE.' eeteuk hyung was getting hyper and started jumping on my bed.

'FREE OF CHARGE?' Donghae who heard it from outside and came rushing in and i screamed. All 3 of us started to jump on my bed excitedly.

'YAH, WILL YOU GUYS STOP JUMPING AND SHUT UP. IT'S SO EARLY IN THE MORNING AND YOU'RE MAKING SUCH A RUCKUS.' heechul hyung scolded while putting one hand on his hip and the other pointing at us.

'Mianhe hyung, but it's not early in the morning anymore, it's actually 12 in the afternoon.' donghae said.

'Why you little rascal! Talking back to your hyung! Come here you..' heechul hyung screamed as donghae ran away from him, obviously aware he's in deep trouble. Teukie hyung and i stopped jumping and sat down on the bed and started talking about the details.

'When are we leaving?' i asked while arranging my pillows.

'Maybe later in the afternoon, maybe at 2.' eeteuk hyung replied.

'Great, can we ask ______ along?' i asked, trying not to sound desperate.

'If she wants to come along, then it's fine.' eeteuk hyung smiled, 'but jongwoon-ah.. i know you have special feelings for her..' 

'M-mwoh. A-aniyo hyung, i treat her like my dongsaeng..' i lied. I mentally slapped myself for stuttering.

'You're lying, jongwoon ah. You stutter when you lie.' teukie hyung said. I sighed heavily and said, 'how did you know, hyung?'

'That time when we brought ______ back from the hospital, she fell asleep on your shoulder didn't she? You smiled like that was the best thing that ever happened to you.. The way you look at her quietly says everything.' teukie hyung said as he patted my head.

'You saw everything?' i asked nervously.

'Of course i did, dongsaeng-ah, nothing ever escapes my eyes. But you do know that hyukjae has feelings for her, don't you?'

'Yeah.. That's why im afraid hyung, im afraid that hyukjae thinks im stealing her away from him, like what happened 3 years ago..' i muttered.

'Don't worry, i'll explain it to him when the time comes.' teukie hyung smile as he gave me an encouraging pat on the back and left the room. I lay down on the bed, and remembered everything that happened 3 years ago..

A/N: to clear some things up! okay, yuri and yesung were good friends since childhood, so they're really close and they tell each other practically everything. i don't know they're really good friends since childhood in real life though.

Flashback:

'Yeoboseyo? Jongwoon oppa?'  yuri said.

'Yuri-ah, you need something?' i replied.

'Oppa, can you come down to the park near your dorm?' she asked.

'Oh, er, of course.' i replied, happy that we finally get to meet in a long time, puzzled why she wants to meet me of all a sudden. 10 minutes later, i reached the park. I saw a familiar figure sitting on the bench, i went forward.

'Yuri ah, is there something wrong? Can i help you?' i asked. There was no response, until i heard a sniffle.

'Yuri-ah, there's something wrong isn't there?' i asked as i turned her face towards me, she was crying.

'Oppa, everything is wrong...' she hugged me and started sobbing uncontrollably. I her hair, her hair was so fragrant, it smelled like jasmine.

'Yuri-ah, you know you can tell me anything, i'll always be here for you.' i said as i broke the hug.

'O-oppa, i've contracted.. cancer.' she hesitated before she finished her sentence. I was stunned, it was so sudden. Yuri had always been healthy, i never thought something like this could happen to her.

'i'm scared oppa, im scared to tell hyukjae about it. I don't want him to see my bed-ridden and weak state. That fool will blame himself for it.' yuri started to weep.

'It's okay, yuri-ah. We'll figure out a way okay?' i said, trying to comfort her.

'Oppa, i need a favour from you, take it as my last wish, please?' she said as she grabbed my arm. The look in her eyes told me she was desperate.

'Okay, i'll help you yuri.' 

'Can you pretend that you're my boyfriend?' she asked.

'B-boyfriend?' i stuttered, i looked into her sad eyes again and felt compelled to, but i couldn't. Hyukjae was my close friend and it would kill him to find out that i 'stole' his girl.

'Please oppa, please..' Yuri begged further, grabbing onto my arm tightly.

'Sigh..okay.' I couldn't bring myself to do it, but taking the fact that it was Yuri's last wish, i agreed.

'Yeoboseyo? Hyukjae oppa, can you come to the park near your dorm? I've something to tell you..' yuri said, trying to control her tears.

'Arasso, 10 minutes.' and they hung up. 10 minutes later, he came. Yuri stood up, holding my hand.

'O-oppa, let's break up.'Yuri said, afraid to look into his eyes.

Hyukjae was apalled when he looked down and saw her holding my hand.

'You..you two..' Hyukjae stammered, looking very confused. His confusion was shortlived and soon turned into rage.

'Kim Jongwoon, you bastard! How could you steal my girl!' Hyukjae screamed as he threw a punch at me. 

'YAH! LEE HYUKJAE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING! ' Yuri screamed as she rushed to help me up. " I..i never knew you were that immature. Just..just leave leave Yesung oppa and i alone!" Yuri stammered, choking back her tears.She couldn't even glance at Hyukjae once more.

She was afraid that if she did, she wouldn't have the strength to lie to him. He was so precious to her. Before he had a chance to stop her, she walked away quickly with me. 

'yuri.. tell me it isn't true baby..' hyukjae shouted desperately. 'What did i do wrong, why must you do this to me? yuri, don't go. i beg you.' Hyukjae begged.

When yuri heard that, her held back tears started to flow. She tightened her grip and quickened her footsteps.

'I'm sorry Hyukjae..i'm.. sorry' I muttered under my breath.

Yuri decided to fly over to Canada, where her parents were and i never heard from her again. Hyukjae and i were on bad terms for quite sometime, but i guess he got over her and we were back to normal. But something inside him still tells me that she's still buried somewhere, deep in his heart..

End of flashback.

A/N: sorry to all sones for using yuri here. and yes, unfortunately, she passes away due to her illness in this story. please don't get me wrong though, i really like snsd :). OH AND, my friend Tintedsmiles, helped me type this flashback because i felt it was too corny. SHE ALSO HAS A FANFIC! please go subscribe to her okay? her link is in one of the chapters.