Chapter 8

Why

"Sooyeon"

I widen my eyes. No one has called me that since I moved to the states.

"E-Excuse me?" He looked at me.

"Your my little Sooyeon-ie. I'm the friend you used to play with at the park.

" I stood up and looked away in disbelief.

"Donghae, it is actually you?"

"Yes." I turned around. I hugged him.

"Why did you leave?" I broke the hug and looked up at him.

"To tell you the truth. I was sick. The doctor said that if I didn't get it treated I could've died. He said that he couldn't do the operation. And I had to go overseas and do it."

Donghae started to tear up. I went up to him and hugged him.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I was a little girl back then. I didn't know what was going on." Tears started spilling.

"Oppa." We parted from the hug, and he smiled.

"Welcome back Sooyeon." I tried hard not to cry. We stood there not moving from our hug.

"Let's make a promise." I whispered.

"Lets never leave each other again."

I held my pinky up but he just stood there hugging me and moved my hand down. He leaned closer to my face and kissed me. The kiss was soft and gentle but then grew more passionately. We got interrupted by my phone. We quickly broke the kiss and smiled at each other awkwardly.

"Yobesayo?" I looked at him and he hugged me from behind.

"Ne....Ne....Nope. Okay bye." I quickly hung up.

"Who was that?" he said from behind me.

I quickly got out of his grip and turn to him awkwardly.

"Tiffany, she just wanted to see if I wanted to go the mall with her and my friends." He nodded.

"Why didn't you." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Maybe because I always do, plus I like to be alone sometimes." He nodded.

"So... Do you want to hang out at somewhere else or something." he asked shyly while rubbing his neck.

I laughed and took his hand. We got in the car. And went around see what there was to do. After a few short minutes of driving. We spotted a fair. He parked the car. We got off, we walked around for a while but nothing really caught our eye.

"Donghae, look a photo booth." I took his hand and dragged him in we took a couple good pics. When we came out. We got bored again. Just then, I remembered. Our spot!

"Hae, let's go to our spot." He smiled widely.

He got into the car. While in the car, we weren't really talking.

"So...Uh our we...you know....dating now?" I looked at him and shrugged.

We finally reached and got out from the car.

"Oh, come on. You didn't feel anything from that kiss?" I shrugged again slowly getting annoyed with him.

"Eh, I didnt enjoy it." He looked at me and laughed.

"So when you kissed back, that meant stop?" I slapped his back.

"Yah! Appo!!" I stuck my tongue out and ran. He chased after me.

"Yah! Sica. Where are you!!!!" I didn't respond."

I heard footsteps getting closer and closer. He popped his head in my hiding spot. I smiled and jumped up to hug him.

"You found me!" he hugged me back.

"I always do." I broke our hug.

We walked towards the field and sat down. He put his arm around me. I rested my head on his shoulder, watching the sunset. Just then my stomach made a sound. He looked at me and laughed.

"Haha, looks like someone is starting to get hungry." I pouted.

He leaned and kissed them. I blushed.

"Let's go to my house and I can cook us some dinner. I nodded my head like a kid.