Chapter 7

Why

As Jessica was showering, I took this time to wander around her apartment. I noticed that moist of things were black but had accents of pink girly things such as picture frames and stuffed animals. 

I sat down on the couch that faced a moderate sized tv. From my seat I examined the pictures when I noticed a oddly fimilair photo. I walked up to it and took it into my hand. There was a young boy in it. 

Me..

I looked at the picture more carefully. And I stood there in shock. It was her. She's here. Jessica was Sooyeon. I heard the door open and quickly put down the picture. I looked at her, she was gorgeous.

"You know you look good, but you should try colours." She rolled her eyes.

We walked out the door. We didn't know exactly where we were going. But we eventually stopped at a park. Hey we just said to hang out right? We got out of the car. And sat on a bench, it was comepete silence.

"So, what was your first impression of me?" She looked at me. 

"Truth or lie." I smiled,

"Truth."

"Truthfully." she started off. "You were annoying. And innocent. I wanted to strangle you!" I looked at her scared.

She laughed. "don't worry, I won't." I looked at her. She looks exactly like Sooyeon. How did I miss that. Pabo Hae.

I wanted to ask her so badly, but afraid to.

"Donghae, can we stop by the library later, I think I misplaced something there." I nodded.

But then I remembered. The bracelet! I took out it of my pocket. "Is this what you misplaced?" I asked, showing it to her. She smiled.

"YES! Thank you so much. Donghae." She hugged me. I froze at the suddent contact. 

"What so special about this?" Suddenly her smiled faded.

"This was a present from my parents before..they went away." I regretted asking that.

"I'm so sorry for bringing it up." she looked at me and chuckled.

" No need to say sorry. It's nice to share my thoughts and feelings with someone. I've kept bottled up for years." I smiled.

"You know what I love about the park?" she asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Memories." I looked at her and examined her from head to toe. She wasn't the same Sooyeon I knew before. The bright yellow, pink and blue dresses and skirts were now replaced with tight black pants. 

"I remember playing with my friend at the park all the time when we were little. He would always find me. Until one day. He couldn't anymore." I saw a tear roll down her cheek. I took my thumb and wiped it. She turned her head to look at me.

"Sooyeon" I whispered