Chapter 2

Why

Raus of sunlight peeked through the cracks of my curtains causing me to stir in my sleep. I pried open my eyes and slammed my fist down onto the snooze button of my alarm clock. I peeked under the covers of the blankets. Eight o'clock. Great. Another day of school. 

I dragged my heavy body out of bed and into the washroom to do my morning routine. I was now nineteen years of age and I was in the first year of the big school. University. 

I wore a black dress and put my hair in soft waves before heading out the door. 

"Sica!" I turned in my heels to see Yoona waving at me. I stopped walking and waited for her to catch up. 

"Hey." I said plainly, not in the mood for any early morning chats. 

Walking to school was a pain. It took energy and early mornings. 

"Aish Jessica. Can't you be a bit more happier?" She asked. "It's too nice of day for you to be all grumpy." I turned to her. "I'm not grumpy. Just tired." 

That would always be my excuse. 'Just tired'

Some actually believed it. So,e would just brushed it off even though they knew it was more than that. 

Twenty passed by and I finally made it to the school. Yoona and I parted ways as soon as we stepped on campus. I entered the library with books in hand and sat down. I plugged in my headphone and turned the volume to the max. I opened my textbook and started to answer questions. In the midst of my concentration, a figure took a seat beside me. I peeked up to see who it was. 

A male sat down in front of me. His blue plaid shirt slightly ed at the top as he read his book in silence. 

"Excuse me." I quickly looked back down onto my paper and pretended I didn't hear him. He trudged me from under the table. I looked up. He was tapping his ear. I took out my right plug and looked at him. 

"Yes?" 

"You're music's a bit too loud. Mind turning it down a little bit?" He asked politely. I raised an eyebrow and put my headphone back into the whole of my ear. I grabbed my iPod and turned down the volume by just a bit. I could see him smile. 

A lice of paper was suddenly put onto my notebook, preventing me from writing anymore. I looked up and saw the male minding his own business. I furrowed my brows and opened the scrap of paper. 

Hey. I'm Donghae

I looked up with the piece of paper still in my hands. I crumpled it up and threw on the table in front of my books, ignoring his attempt to talk to me. 

Not going to talk?

He another at me. I was slowly getting irritated with him. I shook my head and ignored him once again. 

"Hey." A tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see him no longer sitting in his seat in front of me but instead towering over me.