Chapter 61

To Love You: More than a Dream, It is our Destiny

Hey hey hey

 

Sorry for not updating but I finally got time to write and update so yes from here on out I'll be pushing out a new chapter every week. 

 

Thanks for sticking around and don't forget to leave some comments okay? ^_^


 

 

The cold Parisian air and the distant illuminated silhouette of the Eiffel Tower were enough to set Yuri in hyper mode. She excitedly ran around the streets like a kid running amock in a Zoo, arms outstretched, eyes voraciously taking in the dizzying sights, ears ringing from all the sounds of the most romantic city on Earth.

 

"Yul! Slow down a bit!" Yoona called out, of course where ever Yuri went, she never forgot to drag around her fiancee.

 

Yoona has been panting after being dragged around by Yuri, not too closely behind them, Hye Jin and Jiyong walked hand in hand and completely amused by the younger couple.

 

The night's still young and they were all about to enter one of the many posh french bistros that offered a great view of the Eiffel Tower.

 

"Bonsoir! Welcome! Table for four?" Greeted a burly french receptionist in a black tuxedo as soon as Yuri, Yoona, Hye Jin and Jiyong walked through the bistro's doors.

 

"Oui, S'il vous plait" Yoona nodded and spotted a table she fancied "and on the balcony if possible, merci"

 

"Oui, oui, this way" The man quickly agreed and ushered them to a table out in the balcony.

 

Upon reaching their table, the receptionist gestured for one of the waiters to attend to them.

 

"A waiter shall be with you shortly" the man snapped his fingers and gestured one of the waiters to attend to them.

 

Before leaving the table he hands them the menu "Here's our menu, bonne soiree"

 

Yuri flipped through the menu and immediately frowned when she couldn't understand a thing.

 

"Seobang~" Yuri used her aegyo and tugged on Yoona's sleeve

 

The deer became puzzled and tilted her head when she saw Yuri's puppy eyes and growing pout.

 

"What's wrong ma Cherie?" Yoona inquired as she put down her menu and paid attention to Yuri.

 

"Seobang~ I don’t understand the menu and I'm hunngwiiee~" Yuri complained and even rubbed her tummy.

 

Yoona could only giggle and pinch Yuri's nose before motioning the latter to come closer so she could help her with ordering her food.

 

"So which one did you want to order?" Yooona asked as Yuri tapped her pout with her finger while she continued looking at the menu.

 

"That one!" Yuri pointed out to an item on the menu

 

"Escargot? Are you sure about that Yul?" Yoona was surprised and was worried if Yuri actually had any idea of what she wanted.

 

"Why? What's wrong with it?" Yuri genuinely asked as she had no idea about french cuisine. Jiyong on the other hand started snickering but was quickly silenced when Hye Jin elbowed him in the stomach.

 

"Yuri dear, escargot.." Hye Jin cleared "escargot is... Uhm..."

 

"What is escargot unnie? Is it delicious?" Yuri asked as her sister squirmed while her cousin Jiyong could barely contain his laughter. He was about to burst out laughing when Yoona sent him a laugh-and-you're-dead glare.

 

"Honey what unnie is trying to say is..." Yoona was about explain what escargot is, but the waiter showed up.

 

"Bonsour! I'am Jean Pierre and I'll be your waiter for the evening" Jean Pierre the waiter with greasy black brushed up hair and cliche bicycle handle mustache interrupted Yoona.

 

Yuri's attention became diverted towards the waiter and immediately asked the waiter.

 

"What is escargot?"

 

"Ah! Escargot, our escargot is famous around the city, we use only the finest quality snails and cook them in garlic butter and a splash of cognac.." the waiter boasted of their dish but everything else became irrelevant when Yuri heard snails.

 

"S-snails? Did you j-just say snails?" Yuri asked with wide eyes and trembling voice

 

"Oui! Snails cooked in garlic butter and cognac" The waiter repeated

 

"Okay... I think I'm going to be sick!" Yuri felt like throwing up and bolted out towards the restroom.

 

"Unnie, do you mind ordering food for me and Yul, I'm just going to check on her"

 

Seeing Yuri dashing towards the restroom, Yoona ran after her fiancee. Jiyong who has been holding in his laughter, broke into boisterous fits of laughter which garnered the attention of the other customers. Needless to say Hye Jin felt embarrassed.

 

"Ouch! Ey what's that for?" Jiyong asked and almost jumped out of his seat when Hye Jin stomped on his foot with her 5 inch heels.

 

"Aish... Jerk!" Hye Jin hissed under her breath.

 

 

 

"Honey ~knock knock~ Honey? ~knock knock~ Yul are you okay?" Yoona asked on the other side of the bathroom door.

 

Leaning on the door and listening closely, Yoona heard Yuri throwing up while the sound of running water came from the bathroom sink. Before she could knock once again to check on her fiancée, the door eventually unlocked and revealed a still pale Yuri.

 

"You okay?" Yoona asked as she soothingly rubbed Yuri's back

 

"Yeah but french cuisine is too weird for my taste" Yoona could only chuckle at Yuri's growing disdain for french cuisine.

 

She grabbed Yuri's hand before walking back to their table at the balcony. They came back to the table and found that Hye Jin has already finished ordering their dinner while Jiyong sulked after getting scolded by Hye Jin.

 


 

 

Yoona slid out the chair for Yuri to sit on before taking a seat next to her. As they were waiting for their food, Yuri, Yoona, Hye Jin and Jiyong sipped on some red wine. A little lighthearted conversation and some wine proved to be something they all enjoyed before their dinner came out from the kitchen. Everything tasted delicious, and as they partook in their little feast Yuri's phone suddenly started ringing.

 

Upon pulling out her phone, Yuri frowned when she recognized the encrypted number.

 

"Yul, who's calling?" Yoona asked after washing down a piece of foi gras with a swig of wine.

 

"It's Tae..." Yoona's face brightened upon the mention of Taeyeon

 

But her bright smile was dampened when Yuri had a serious look on her face and said

 

"She's calling from an encrypted number"

 

Hye Jin and Yoona threw a knowing look at each other and then at Yuri who just stood up and answered the call.

 

 

Yuri stepped out of the restaurant and continued talking to Taeyeon when she was sure no one would eavesdrop on their conversation.

 

 

"Yul, I'm sorry for interrupting your little French vacation but we got a situation in London" Taeyeon's straightforward voice surprised Yuri.

 

"L-London? What happened?" Yuri asked, her voice in a higher pitch as she quickly realized who and what's in London.

 

"The facility Sunny and Siwon were guarding was attacked" Yuri's free hand started to shake.

 

She clenched her hand into a fist as her anger slowly came to a boil, Yoona and Hye Jin worriedly looked at Yuri.

 

"Tae, how's Sunny and Siwon... Are they okay..?"

 

A pregnant pause in between the conversation, Taeyeon could barely answer Yuri, she found it difficult. Yuri on the other hand grew more anxious, the longer she waits for Taeyeon to answer, the more she needed to hear what happened to them. Mustering up enough composure Taeyeon finally broke her silence.

 

"British intelligence found Sunny... However Siwon's missing but that isn't the real problem.” Yuri gulped when she could sense the sense of urgency and seriousness in Taeyeon’s voice.

 

“Whoever attacked the facility, they managed to get their hands on the research and potentially their actions could put the whole world at risk."

 

 


 

 

 

Back in Seoul, South Korea

 

 

“Yul, you guys are the closest assists we could send to London on short notice. Could you guys go and investigate?” Taeyeon asked as she hoped for a favorable response from Yuri.

 

 

 

“Sure Tae, we’re going to fly down to London first thing tomorrow morning” Taeyeon could only smile after hearing Yuri’s reply

 

“Thanks Yul, Contact me when you guys get there. I’ll ask our counterparts there to provide you guys with everything you’re going to need.”

 

Taeyeon ended the call and when she glanced at Sooyoung, she could only sympathize and imagine the emotional torment that’s running through her friend’s head. After hearing the news Sooyoung's been anything but calm and collected. If they hadn't restrained her and if not for Jessica’s calming presence, Sooyoung would have recklessly flown out to London with little regard for protocol or handling the situation properly.

 

Taeyeon continued stealing glances at Sooyoung as she made a few more phonecalls to the other agencies across the globe. Although both Sooyoung and Taeyeon have left the service, the incident in London pulled them back in and with Psy currently away on a diplomatic mission, Taeyeon had no choice but to step in and take command.

 

“Yes, thanks, please provide them with everything they’re going to need. They’ll be there tomorrow.” Taeyeon thanked and informed the head of the British secret service.

 

After ending the call she sat down with Sooyoung, Jessica hasn’t left her side and has been there comforting and supporting her as best as she can.

 

“Soo…” Taeyeon tried to say something but there were no words that could best ease Sooyoung’s feeling of frustration and helplessness.

 

“Sweetie, please be strong, we’ll get through this, I’m sure Yuri and Yoona will find your brother” Jessica added as she soothingly rubbed her wife’s back.

 

“I-I hope so…” Sooyoung mumbled as she lowered her head and silently sob on Jessica’s shoulder.

 

The Chois took in the news hard but out of all of them Sooyoung being the adamant and highly protective older sister that she is, took it real bad. She has always been around for her younger brothers and now that one of them is missing, now that Siwon is either presumed to be held captive or dead, she just has no idea of what happened to her younger brother.

 

Although Sunny was found by the British secret service and is recuperating at a hospital, until she wakes up and until Yuri and Yoona get to her, Sooyoung could only pray that her brother is okay.