Blood over water

To Love You: More than a Dream, It is our Destiny

 

Chapter 29 Blood over water


 

 

 

"Guys look!" Seo blurted out as the complex comes into view.

 

Their eyes grew wide as they took in the sight of the complex gate busted open and the bodies scattered all over the perimeter. There were also cars riddled with bullet holes and some other cars burning at the side of the road leading to the main building of the facility. 

 

"Guys get ready for a fire fight, move out!" As soon as Seohyun stopped the van, Yuri and Sunny jumped out and secured the perimeter.

 

*RA~TA~TATA~TAT!* Yuri and Sunny exchanged fire with the enemy.

 

"Clear!"  Yuri shouted after she and Sunny took out the enemy agents that seem to have come and greet their arrival.

 

"Guys lets go!" Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon got out of the van and joined Yuri and Sunny. The five of them quickly entered the main building.

"Seo? Is the uplink ready?" Taeyeon asked over her earpiece.

 

"Affirmative... Unnie... the entire building is overrun by the enemy though. Be careful."

 

"Ok. Thanks"  Taeyeon turned her attention to the other team members.

 

"Guys we need to act fast. Our objective is to reach the 7th floor."

 

"Roger!" the four girls nodded and followed Taeyeon.

 

The five of them were about to make their way to the elevator when a loud explosion rocked the building. The explosion also took out the elevator.

 

"There goes the elevator!"

 

The five of them backtracked to the stairs. They took each step carefully, making sure to keep an eye out for signs of trouble. They were now in the 6th floor stairwell when Yuri spotted her...

 

"Hye Jin!" Yuri called out. Hye Jin smirked and ran up the stairwell leaving behind some of her henchmen.

 

Yuri and the others got caught in a fire fight with the enemy.

 

*BRA~TA~TA~TATA~TAT!* the girls traded bullets with the enemy. Sunny managed to take out 2 agents while Taeyeon and Hyoyeon took out 3 agents each. Yuri is filled with a sense of urgency she wanted to catch up to Hye Jin. Instead of using her m4 rifle she whipped out a glock 19 and a dagger. Taeyeon and the others were stunned and wondered whats going through her mind.

 

Yuri ran up towards the enemy, they fired at her but she dodged them and jumped towards the railings. She traversed through the railings with the greatest of ease. The enemy aimed at her again but she quickly jumped from the railings and landed right in the middle of the enemy's position.

 

*BANG~!* Yuri ducked when the man tried to shoot her. She managed to slip under him and pressed the barrel of her glock beneath the man's chin.

 

*Bang!* She pulled the trigger killing the man instantly.

 

*SLASH~!* in the corner of Yuri's eyes she saw the man adjacent to her aim his gun at her. She swung her dagger upwards severing the enemy agent's hand that was holding a gun.

 

"!" was the last word that came out of his mouth.

 

*BANG~!* Yuri got angry at the man's curse word. She shoved the barrel of her glock inside the man's mouth and pulled the trigger. Yuri turned her attention to the only remaining enemy agent in the stairwell. He was scared out of his mind.

 

*Bra ~ta~ta~tat~!* He mindlessly fired his Ak47 in all directions. The other girls took cover. Yuri dodged left and right, she dashed towards him.

 

* SLASH~!* Yuri slashed his left leg. He wobbled and lost his balance.

 

"Uwaaah!!! ing !" he cursed as he supported himself by pulling himself up with the help of the railings.

 

Yuri got enraged again, *slash~! Splurt~! ffsshh~!* she slit his throat. Blood came out of his mouth and as he tried to gasp for air his blood sprayed and spewed the stairwell walls and floor.

 

"Guys lets go. They're gonna get their hands on project Genie!" Yuri yelled out as she placed her gun in its holster and returned her dagger to its sheath. The other girls got up and saw the aftermath of Yuri's vicious attack. Yuri pulled out her m4 rifle from her back and started heading out to the 7th floor.

 

"Right... Lets go guys..." Taeyeon gulped down a lump from as she and the rest of the team made their way to the 7th floor. They certainly wondered how Yuri was able to do what she did earlier.

 

"Yuri's really something huh?" Sooyoung commented as she stared at Yuri's back. The others looked at Sooyoung and wondered what made her say that.

"In all our years of training none of us could ever do that. What she pulled off is something you would see in the movies."

 

"You're kind of right Soo... She might have excelled in close quarter and hand to hand combat but she's not the kind of person to do those things..."  Taeyeon had thoughts in her head but she didn't speak of it. At least not until she gets talk to her dad.

 

The five of them reached the 7th floor.

 

"Took you long enough." Hye Jin mockingly sighed at them.

 

She had a briefcase in her hand and a gun on the other. She stepped aside and her associates aimed at the 5 girls.

 

*Bra~ta~ta~ta~ta~tat~!* they open fired at the 5 girls. Yuri and the others scrambled for cover.

 

*Bra~ta~tata~tat~!* the 5 girls fired back at the enemies. Sooyoung sniped down 5 enemies while Sunny took out 4 enemies.

 

"Taengoo! Hyo! Cover me!" Yuri demanded as she took out an enemy and tactically moved, she tried to get close to Hye Jin.

 

"Copy!" Taeyeon and Hyoyeon gunned down their enemies. They tried to follow Yuri and provide her some support. However they got pinned down by enemy fire.

 

"Sunny, Sooyoung! We're pinned down. Give Yuri some back up. We'll catch up, after we finish these guys off!"

 

"Hye Jin! Put down that briefcase! Now!" Yuri instructed as she aimed her gun at Hye Jin.

 

"What makes you think I'd listen to you... baby sister?" Hye Jin retorted. Yuri softened up a bit... Her emotions are flaring.

 

"Please... I don't want to hurt you... Please... Unnie..." Yuri's hands are trembling. She's losing her grip.

 

*Bang~!* suddenly a lone gunshot echoed through the hallway. Hye Jin looked at Yuri who started to wobble and grimace in pain. She turned to her side and saw an operative named Hara still aiming at Yuri. Hye Jin saw the smoking barrel of Hara's gun. She immediately grabbed Hara by the head and smashed her face to the wall. Hara's skull cracked, her body lifelessly stumbled down, she died instantly. Hye Jin dropped the briefcase she was holding. She went to Yuri and supported her up.

 

"Yuri... Yuri... Get a hold of yourself." Hye Jin became teary eyed. Her instincts as an unnie kicked in.

 

"Unnie... Please stay with me... I dont want to lose you too. Dont go please..." Yuri begged as she hugged Hye Jin.

 

"Arraseo. Unnie will stay right here with you." Hye Jin cried as she held Yuri tight.

 

One of Hye Jin's associates Gyuri came and grabbed the briefcase and called out to her.

 

"Hey agent Han lets go we got what we came here for."

 

Hye Jin ignored her. Hye Jin had her attention fixed on Yuri. Gyuri shrugged her off and ran away when she saw Sunny and Sooyoung.

 

Yuri whinced in pain, her face contorted as she tried to move but she only wobbled and lose her footing causing her to awkwardly lean on her unnie.

 

"AAAAHHHH!!! Damn it!" Yuri growled and hissed under her breath.

 

"Yul... Don't force yourself." Hye Jin looked worried as she held Yuri in place.

 

Sunny and Sooyoung got to Yuri. To their surprise, the girl who was only known to them as the infiltrator was holding onto Yuri while crying. Taeyeon and Hyoyeon shortly arrived they too were suprised. 

 

"We dont have time for 21 questions so we'll talk some other time." Taeyeon cut everybody off before they could ask questions.

 

*Bra~tata~ta~tat!* Chaos erupted again when the enemies showed up once again.

 

"Sooyoung! Help them. Hyo, Sunny and I will lay down some cover fire." Taeyeon instructed as Sooyoung helped Hye Jin carry Yuri.

 

"Ow... Ow... Ease up a bit guys." Yuri gritted her teeth as she felt the stabbing pain on the left side of her abdomen.

 

"On three okay guys?" Taeyeon asked or rather instructed. Hye Jin, Sooyoung and Yuri nodded and braced themselves as they would have to brave through the ensuing crossfire.

 

"One... Two... Three... Go go go!"

 

Taeyeon, Sunny and Hyoyeon bursts out from hiding and starts gunning down the ring operatives that swarmed the 7th floor. Hye Jin and  Sooyoung took the opportunity and dashed with Yuri in hand towards the safety of the stairwell. Taeyeon, Sunny and Hyoyeon followed them to the stairwell. Hyoyeon left a couple of grenades for good measure.

 

*Boom~Kaboom~!* the resulting blasts stopped the enemy from following them.

 

"In here quick!" Siwon gestured and shouted as he spotted the girls exiting the building. He stepped out of the waiting van and got in front of them and laid out suppressive fire for their retreat.

 

"Hop in hurry hurry! Fallback now! Fallback" Siwon yelled as he continued firing away with his m4 assault rifle. Sunny, Taeyeon and Hyo returned fire at the enemy as they waited for Hye Jin, Yuri and Sooyoung to get inside the van.

 

"Guys take cover!" Minho came out from the van and whipped out his grenade launcher. He fired a couple of grenades. The resulting blasts were deafening and it threw the enemy agents into chaos. This bought Taeyeon and the rest of team some time to get inside the van.

 

"No! Yuri stay with me!" Yuri started jerking and convulsing.

 

"Yuri's going into shock!" Hye Jin yelled with obvious panic in her voice.

 

"Damn it! She's losing a lot of blood! Stop the wound from bleeding!" Taeyeon instructed though the calmness in her voice is completely gone.

 

"Got it! I'm on it Tae." Sooyoung got a piece of cloth and placed it over the wound.

 

"Damn it Yuri! Don't you dare and die just yet!”

 

“You can't leave your unnie just yet." Hye Jin hissed under her breath but tears were already forming on her onyx eyes. She brushed Yuri's hair to the side of her forehead and watched helplessly as Sooyoung placed a clean cloth over the gunshot wound and applied pressure on it to stop the bleeding.

 

Minutes later they arrived at a hospital. Taeyeon hurriedly got out of the van she called out for help. Hye Jin stepped out of the van and carried Yuri bridal style. The hospital's medical personnel rushed to them with a stretcher. She placed Yuri on the stretcher. Everyone watched helplessly as the medical personnel took her away to the emergency room.

 

"Please let me in! I'm her sister! She needs me in there!" Hye Jin tried to get inside the emergency room but the nurses wont allow her. She broke down and started crying as the nurses closed the door. They all decided to stay in the waiting area outside the emergency room. They were still clad in black with their body armor and weapons. They felt it would be too complacent for them to be unarmed.

 

"Can you call the commander, Hyo?"

 

"Mmm..." Its the only thing Hyoyeon managed to reply as she walked out of the waiting area and called the commander.

 

Meanwhile at the waiting area

 

Taeyeon gritted her teeth "Damn it... This shouldnt have happened damn it!" she continues to brood over what happened to Yuri.

 

"Taengoo... Relax a bit will you?"

 

"She's going to pull through this." Sooyoung tries to calm Taeyeon down. She tried but Taeyeon didnt ease up... Instead she continued pacing the floor.

 

"How could I calm down Soo?"

 

"What am I supposed to tell Yoona huh? Tell me!" Taeyeon snapped at Sooyoung. Soo lowered her head. She knew what Taeyeon meant. If anything, breaking this news to Yoona would be difficult given the nature of their job and the protocols they have to break.

 

"The truth... That's what we're going to tell them." Hyoyeon had just re-entered the waiting area. Taeyeon and Sooyoung looked at her with a dumbfounded look.

 

"Commander said that a special briefing would be in order soon."

 

"He says the enemy's motive is now clear..." Taeyeon still wondered what all of this means.

 

"The ring now has Genie an old top secret project involving the government, Jung industries and Choi Group." Hye Jin spoke out.

 

Taeyeon and the others were baffled they didn't know where all of this is going. They still couldn't comprehend the sheer magnitude and complexity of what they are up against.

 

"Genie might be complete but Han Geng knows it wouldn't work the way it should."

 

"He knows of the missing components in possession of the Choi Group and Jung Industries." Hye Jin continued relating what she could tell Taeyeon for the time being.

 

"Damn it! This is getting thick real quick!" Taeyeon ruffled her hair and sighed in frustration.

 

After hearing out everything Hye Jin knows about the Ring, Han Geng and his plans. Taeyeon informed Psy. He told Taeyeon that he would be coming to the hospital later and sort things out for Hye Jin and Yuri. Later Taeyeon and Sooyoung excused themselves. Yuri is still in the emergency room getting medical treatment. They thought its best to get Yoona and the girls to come to the hospital.

 

"Hyo, I'll leave the rest to you arraseo?"

 

"Let's get the girls Soo..." Taeyeon sighed as Sooyoung simply nodded as they started walking away from waiting area.

 

*Okay here's chapter 29, I bet you didn't see Hye Jin changing heart's so easily... what can I say blood's thicker than water right? Mianhe if Yuri's in jeopardy... I honestly didn't see it coming until I was in the heat of things as I wrote this chapie*

 

*I hate making promises but I'll see if I can squeeze in another update this week.*

 

*Please Subscribe, Read and Comment... inspire and encourage me guys. Thanks to all my loyal subbies*

 

-AnDroGeNie-