Never lose your smile

To Love You: More than a Dream, It is our Destiny

 

Chapter 49 Never lose your smile


 

 

Yuri

 

It’s 4 A.M. I could hardly get myself to fall asleep; we spent the night or rather early morning here at the mansion… all of us… Taeyeon stayed with Tiffany and lulled her to sleep, Sica… well after breaking the news to her well let’s just say Sooyoung did what any good girlfriend would do, she comforted Jessica and tried to sooth her until she fell asleep.

 

Sigh… I guess Sica cried herself to sleep… Youngie once told me that Jessica would mostly cry herself to sleep whenever something bad happens. She says it’s easy to tell a well rested Jessica from a “crying to sleep” Jessica.

 

Yoongie and I stayed in my room together but it wasn’t just the two of us, Krystal basically shared the bed with Yoona. We had no choice, Krystal’s been crying and she kept on crying and crying with no end in sight... Yoona, being the good sister that she is… stayed next to her and well… ended up sleeping beside Krystal.

 

Me on the other hand… I couldn’t stay asleep… seeing first hand the pain that Krystal, Jessica and Yoona went through woke up the memories I had when my parents died.

 

Flashback

 

“Yuri-ah, your competition will start in 15 minut—” Coach Kanzaki came inside the waiting area and informed me that my turns coming up.

 

“Coach, my mom… my dad… they…” Coach Kanzaki immediately ran next to me and wondered what’s wrong.

 

“Yuri-ah… what happened?”

 

“I was talking with them… over the phone just a while ago… then all of a sudden… I-I heard them panicking and screaming then-Then… crash… explosion…”

 

Coach Kanzaki didn’t know what to say, I’m up next to compete and here I am panicking, hysterical and completely scared out of my wits.

 

“Yuri-ah are you sure? May be you were just hearing things?”

 

“No coach! I wasn’t hearing things, it really happened! And I heard everything as it happened! The loud rambling sound of the car and my parents screaming! I heard it all!” I lashed out at him as tears quickly and relentlessly flowed down my cheeks.

 

“Come on Yuri-ah, put on your warmers, we might as well try get to the bottom of things.” I quickly grabbed my warmers and wore them as fast as I can. I didn’t bother zipping up the school jacket and I proceeded to wearing my shoes.

 

I was done changing and just as coach and I left the waiting area, we overheard a few people from the competition organizing committee and some paramedics talking about an accident that just occurred a few kilometers from the stadium.

 

“This is bad; I thought it was a joke.” One of the organizing committee members exclaimed as they continued walking in a fast pace.

 

“Yeah, but I gotta wonder though, that car that fell off the cliff… they must have been in a hurry to get here.” My heart clenched upon hearing what he said…

 

“I guess whoever their son or daughter is probably is in the competition. Poor kid.” Coach and I stood in place and didn’t have to walk out any further. Coach knew for sure what they were talking about.

 

I didn’t even have to hope that they were alive, even at that time when I was still hearing everything that went on, I knew right at that moment I would never see them again and not even a miracle could save them. In an instant I was talking to my mom and dad then the next thing I know I was hearing their final moments alive.

 

“Calling all participants for the 200 meter womens freestyle qualifying heat, please proceed to Swimming pool B, the competition will start in 5 minutes.” Coach heard the announcement, but he didn’t try or even insist that I go there, instead he informed the officials that I withdrew from the competition.

 

End flashback

 

I was still lost in my own thoughts when, I didn’t notice that Sooyoung had already joined me in the kitchen.

 

“Can’t sleep huh?”

 

“Eh? Soo what are you doing here?”

 

“Relax numbnuts, I’ll be going back to bed, I just needed a glass of milk and may be a cookie or two.” Gosh this shikshin is completely unbelievable; despite the situation our girls are in right now she still has an unbelievably good apetite.

 

“Better make that two Soo; I don’t think Sica would like it if you kept crawling out of bed for milk and cookies.”

 

“Whatever kkab!” With a quick reply and a shrug, I watched on as Soo chug down her glass of milk and gobbled down a couple of cookies.

 

Sooyoung stayed for awhile and talked with me, but I insisted that she went back to her room; I’m sure Sica might just wake up and wonder where this shikshin is. Jessica needs her now more than ever, I know the same thing goes for Yoona… well I might as well headback to the room.

 

“Yul~” I was about to get up and walk out of the kitchen when Yoona surprised me and hugged me from behind.

 

“Honey, why weren’t you in bed?” Yoona cutely asked as she rested her head on my shoulder.

 

“You missed me babe?” I playfully broke away from Yoona’s hug and turned to face her, and as expected Yoona had that cute frown on her lovely face and her doe eyes just made her look so unbearably cute. Kekeke cuteness overload!

 

“Of course! Yoongie misses her Yul so so so much; Yul’s the only medicine Yoongie needs to feel better!” Aigoo… Yoona’s in full blown choding mode with her unbearably cute aegyo. Oh god Im choding is so unbearably cute, but seriously I had to slap her arms a bit since this choding couldn’t help but give my a good squeeze… seriously Yoong! Kekeke

 

“Yoongie~ I thought you wanted to go back to sleep why are you squeezing my ?”

 

“Sorry Yoongie can’t help it! Kekeke”

 

“Aisshhh… Im choding come on let’s go back to bed before you do something else to me!” I pinched Yoona’s nose and dragged her back to the room. She just kept chuckling as we walked back to my room she kept on poking my .

 

“Yoong never lose that smile on your face okay?”

 

“Don’t worry Yul; I’ll never lose my smile because you’re my reason to keep on smiling!”

 

Yoona showed me a genuine smile as we continued playfully teasing each other as we walked towards our room. Seeing her smiling brightly puts my troubled mind at ease.



 

 

In less than 24 hours a lot has happened, the Jung’s started making arrangements for Mr. Jung’s funeral. Despite having a heavy and weary heart Mrs. Jung carried on and took care of every single detail. Han Geng managed to escape with the final component but inspite of that, he didn’t notice the tracking device. After acquiring the component he might have eluded his pursuers however the tracking device revealed his location. Han Geng returned to his hideout within Seoul’s old and abandoned warehouse district.

 

Seohyun managed to confirm that Sunny, Siwon and Minho were safe and that the bridge incident has cost the lives of 11 agents. Psy didn’t waste time and convened his agents for a meeting; he knows that capture is not an option anymore since Han Geng might be more dangerous than ever, killing him is the only course of action left.

 

Hello everyone another update! Merry Christmas to one and all! We'll it's the 24th and I might not be able to update again later or tomorrow! So Merry Christmas and happy holidays to one and all!

 

-AnDroGeNie-