Genie part 2

To Love You: More than a Dream, It is our Destiny

 

Chapter 35 Genie part 2


 

 

A year later

 

Edward and Henry were at it again, they spent the last year redesigning and reengineering project Genie. The technological advancement has also led to the creation of a smaller and more compact machine. Edward himself made sure that the code and the program were completely reengineered to make sure that the berserker problem with prototype 1 is fixed.

 

“So who’s going to be the test subject for prototype 2?” Ed asked. He had no one in mind and certainly can’t think of having anyone from his family undergo the procedure.

 

“Don’t worry about the test subject; I’ve already taken care of that Ed.” Henry smirked confidently. He did take care of things and had made arrangements with his sister to have her daughter Yoona volunteer for the procedure.

 

“Yoong don’t be scared okay? It’s not gonna hurt at all, just trust uncle Henry arraso?” Little Yoona obediently nodded as her mom and Henry walked her towards machine.

 

“Uncle there won’t be any needles or injections right?” Little Yoona asked she’s a little squeamish about injections and needles.

 

“Aniya. There won’t be any need for those Yoong.”

 

Henry helped Yoona sit comfortably on the chair; he placed the headgear on Yoona’s head and secured the eyewear which would visually transmit the program.

 

“Yoong just relax okay? Just pay attention to the tiny screen inside the eyewear arraso?”

 

“Okay, uncle” Yoona looked intently at the tiny screens, images and information started to flash. In a matter of seconds a lot of information flooded her young mind. Suddenly Yoona out, just like what happened to Yuri a year ago.

 

“Oppa what happened to my daughter?” Im Soojung panicked and tried to get close to her daughter.

 

“Soojung don’t panic, calm down, I’ve seen this before, what’s happening now is perfectly normal.” Henry sated his younger sister.

 

“You better be right or else Dojin will go ballistic and probably beat you up.”

 

“I know Soojung don’t worry so much, Yoona’s fine.”

 

After a few minutes Yoona blinked a couple of times, she waited for her eyesight to become normal. Her mom went to her and checked to see if she’s ok.

 

“Honey are you okay?” Soojung checked for any injury on Yoona’s face.

 

“Mommy I’m fine.” Yoona cutely assured her mom that she’s fine showed her toothy smile.

 

Yoona also underwent the same tests that Yuri went through; she went through the weapons and vehicle course.  She clearly knew what they were but physically she can’t seem to handle the weapons properly. Yoona held a rifle she steadied her arms and went on a proper stance however her arms seems to shake and whenever she fires a couple of rounds she would somewhat lose control. Then combat training came, she clearly knew what to do and which way to kick or punch but still she can’t seem to execute her moves with power and precision. The results were varied but overall it was smooth, though there was a decrease in power output the team was happy with how stable prototype 2 was.

 

Yoona’s final obstacle

 

It’s now time for Yoona’s final test, the research team closely monitored her vitals, and there were no irregularities. Because of the relative success of prototype 2 President Park personally attended to witness the final test.

 

“Edward, Henry congratulations, I’ve seen and read the reports Psy handed me and I’m pleased with what you’ve accomplished so far.” President Park shaked the hands of Mr. Choi and Mr. Jung.

 

“Yoong, just give us a signal when you’re ready arraso?” Henry Jung spoke to Yoona over the intercom. Yoona nodded gave an okay sign.

 

“Here goes nothing…” Yoona steadied herself and briefly meditated to calm her mind.

 

She began moving through the first obstacle, it was the section where prototype 1 had failed.

 

Yoona quickly dispatched the first simulated target with a wicked backhand, her movement was a bit rough and sluggish but it effectively took out the first target. Then Yoona saw the second target it moved towards her, Yoona cartwheeled to the right to dodge the second target. She circled around the second target and landed a perfect roundhouse kick. Then the third and final target appeared, Yoona approached it cautiously. She carefully looked around as she approached the final target, as she was closing in on the final target.

 

*Fwoosh~!* The battering ram lunged from the floor, Yoona noticed it approaching and quickly backflipped to dodge it.

 

“That was close keke~” Yoona chuckled briefly and dashed to the final target, she landed a flying kick on the target but staggered as she landed back to the ground.

 

After completing the first section, Yoona moved on to the scenario. This part of the obstacle course was timed and it required precision and accuracy. Yoona looked around as the laser beams that crisscrossed the room became clear and distinct.

 

“You’ve done well so far Yoong, but for this section we need you to precisely move to the designated area at the far end of the room. There you will find a mock up nuclear warhead, you need to disable it by manually cutting the wires of the warhead or retrieve the keycard and cancellation code suspended in the middle of the room. Remember never let any part of your body touch the laser beams and lastly you only have 3 minutes.” Henry gave out the instructions before Yoona proceeded with the second obstacle.

 

Yoona carefully positioned herself to pass through the gaps and openings of the laser field. Her legs and arms trembled. Her heart rate increased and she’s pushing herself to her limit. She’s barely halfway across the laserfield, she glanced at the timer.

 

“2:13 left… I got act fast.” Yoona felt pressured, with only 2 minutes and 13 seconds left on the timer, she gingerly navigated through the laserfield. She’s now in the middle of the room, she sees the keycard and cancellation code. She thought of getting them but she stopped from attempting to so since the laser beams surrounding  them had smaller gaps and some of the beams moved from time to time.

 

“Oh no… I don’t have time for that… sigh…” Yoona huffed and let out a sigh of disappointment. She also looked at the timer and saw that she had 1 minute and 45 seconds left to complete the scenario.

 

Yoona finally reached the warhead, theres only 40 seconds left. She opened the warhead’s console and looked for the wires that she needs to cut. 23 seconds left, Yoona stares at the wires in front of her. She nervously paces her hand back and forth red or blue. She she kept changing her mind for a moment she thinks of cutting the red wire but then again she thought it should be blue.

 

10

 

9

 

8

 

7

 

6

 

“Make a decision Yoong… red or blue” Yoona thought to herself.

 

5

 

4

 

“Blue… I’ll go with blue”

 

3

 

 

*Click~*

 

The alarm went off… Yoona had cut the wrong wire.

 

The test has ended abruptly, President Park stood up with a disappointment face. He quickly exited the facility without breaking words with Edward or Henry. Edward and Henry tried to catch up with the President.

 

“Excuse me, Mr. President. Please spare us some of your time!” Henry caught up with the president.

 

“I’m pulling the plug on this project Mr. Jung. A lot of the taxpayers’ money has been clearly wasted in this venture.” President Park didn’t bother to look back at Henry and Edward.  He merely stopped while he was talking but as soon as he was done he continued walking away.

 

For the months that followed with the remaining funds Henry and Edward came up with prototype 3. The once bulky machine now looked like a harmless pair of sunglasses but tiny microchips and microscopic probes and receptors lined the frame of the sunglasses. Henry and Edward wanted to invite the president for testing the prototype 3 however the project has been completely shelved. The government’s Internal Security Agency seized everything pertaining to project Genie and hid it away in a secret location. However not everything was seized, Choi Group and Jung Industries managed to withhold 2 vital components of prototype 3; Choi Group has the modified program codex which helps stabilize the brain, it helps the person stay in control and completely eliminates the berserker and power loss problem, Jung Industries on the other hand kept a microchip called the governor. This microchip specifically houses the modified program codex without it the codex is useless.

 

End of backstory

 

Here's part two so it's not just Yuri but it's also Yoona. Hehe double update! Kekeke But let me stress a vital difference Yuri may possibly lose self control like what happened when she got shot. Yoona on the other hand isn't as physically strong as Yuri but her mental capabilities and self control are a lot better than Yuri's.

 

Thanks everyone. I'm gonna be on the afternoon shift tomorrow and the following day as well so I could probably write the next chapters. I'm not gonna promise anything but I will try ^_^ 

 

Thanks everyone! Enjoy!