Chapter 23 Hye Jin

To Love You: More than a Dream, It is our Destiny

 

Chapter 23 Hye Jin


 

 

 

“Hey any of you seen the kkab?” Taeyeon asked, Sooyoung, Sunny, Hyo, and Seohyun. They looked around and saw that Yuri was following Psy to his office.

 

“I have a bad feeling about this Tae…” Hyo had a bad feeling in her gut. She felt something wasn’t right and this has probably something to do with girl who broke in on the ISA facility.

 

“You guys noticed it too right…?” Soo asked Taeyeon and Hyo understood what she was thinking. Even Seo seemed to get what Soo had in mind.

 

“Uhm… unnie if my guess is correct you’re probably thinking that the girl from the picture faintly resembles Yuri-unnie right?”

 

“Wow… maknae you’re really sharp… no wonder you’re going to be our strategist kekeke~” Sunny playfully hugged Seo and patted her head.

 

“Okay I think it’s best that we’ll stick around a little and wait for her… you guys agree?” Taeyeon looked at everyone.

 

“Sure noona we’ll stick around!” Siwon and Minho suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

 

“Yah!!!!! Where the heck did you two came from?” Taeyeon jumped like a scaredy cat.

 

“Oh come on noona did you really think we’d go ahead?” Siwon immediately stood next Sunny and tried to hug her. He received an elbow from Sunny.

 

“Please leave me out of it I still have to go to school and complete some scho—” Minho stopped when he saw Seohyun who was curiously eyeing him. His heart skipped a beat.

 

“Sigh… it seems theres nothing else we can do so let’s stay awhile and wait for Yuri.” Taeyeon tried to compose herself.

 

Meanwhile at Psy’s office

 

“Yuri… tell me did a thought cross your mind when you looked at the girl’s photo?” Psy removed his sunglasses and was seated behind his desk.

 

Yuri didn’t respond at first but the thought in her head was clear, she was just afraid to speak her mind on the matter. She looked at the photo once again; she could clearly see the resemblance. Though it seems faint but she could clearly see that this girl had a strong resemblance with her and her late father James Kwon.

 

“Sir… I don’t know why but I get the feeling that we’re related, she somehow resembles my father and I could clearly see that we clearly look alike.” Yuri spoke out at first hesistant but she thought that she should speak her mind on the matter.

 

“Yuri-ah, you’re right in thinking that way…” Psy took a deep breath and tried to compose himself as he was going to reveal a secret.

 

“Let me tell you a story…”

 

Psy’s story

 

It had happened nearly 28 years ago; it was a cold November morning when James Kwon went out to meet his girlfriend at the park. He’s been seeing her for nearly two years, her name is Han Hye Jung. She’s someone from James’ past, someone who he fell in love with. For awhile everything was going well, but sometimes some things just happen and they are beyond our expectations.

 

“Hi baby, why are you asking me out so early?” James instinctively wrapped his arms around the waist of his girlfriend.

 

“James, I… we need to talk…” Hye Jung pulled apart James’ hands and turned to face him.

 

There was a long and awkward pause between them, James’ eyed Hye Jung worriedly and was now figetting. He wanted to hold her hand but something stops him, was it fear or was it uncertainty. He felt very uncomfortable with the situation.

 

“James… I am with child…” She placed her hand on her tummy, James’ was relieved and somewhat happy, and he had always wanted to have a child of his own. He felt happy because the woman he loves is bearing his child.

 

“I’m happy Hye Jung, this is the best news ever! I can’t wait to be a father—” James smiled and hugged Hye Jung. However something wasn’t right Hye Jung instantly pulled away.

 

“James’ I don’t want this… this is too soon and it goes against what I plan to do before settling down with you…” Hye Jung reasoned out she hoped to sound reasonable and unselfish.

 

“What are you saying Hye Jung? Don’t tell me…” James’ lost the sparkle in his eyes and was now worried for the unborn child.

 

Hye Jung didn’t say a word and meekly nodded, James balled his hands into a fist and was visibly trembling as he was lost in a sea of anger, frustration and despair. He tried to come near Hye Jung and reach for her cheeks. His hands trembled as he inched his way towards her face. His eyes begged her to reconsider, urging her to think about the child.

“Hye Jung please… reconsider… please…”

 

“I’m sorry James’ but I’m just not ready… we’re still young and have our lives ahead of us… and my parents are going to kill me if they found out that I am with child.” Hye Jung cried as tears streamed down her face.

 

Her words broke his heart, James became overwhelmed with everything he’s feeling at that time… anger… engulfing his mind and taking hold of his soul… frustration… he felt weak and powerless unable to reverse her decision… despair… he saw only certain death for his child… all hope is gone. James halfheartedly smiled his eyes showed nothing but sorrow. He groggily walked away from her.

 

“James… please understand… please don’t hate me… don’t leave me…” Hye Jung begged James. She tried to catch him, she reached out her hand but it was batted away by James.

 

James turned around and faced Hye Jung. Hye Jung looked at him and saw only a hollowed, cold and lifeless expression on James’ face.

 

“You expect me to stay… how could I? When you talk about killing our unborn child.”

 

“Disappear from my sight… never come near me again.” James smiled one last time and walked away from Hye Jung. Leaving her in tears.

 

End of Psy’s story

 

“Yuri-ah the thing is James didn’t know that Hye Jung was urged by her parents to keep the child.” Psy looked out the window. His back facing Yuri.

 

“Shortly after breaking up with Hye Jung your father disappeared, I learned he went to Japan. He didn’t know Hye Jung gave birth to their daughter. But… in the process she lost her life giving birth to her.” Psy turned around and pointed to the girl in the photo.

 

“Yuri, that girl is Hye Jin… she’s your  older sister.” Yuri felt uneasy after hearing what Psy said.

 

“No… it can’t be…”

 

Yuri stood up from her seat and abruptly went out of the office. She ran full speed and didn’t notice her friends calling out to her.

 

“Yah!!! Kwon Yuri!!!!” Taeyeon yelled as Yuri’s shoulder brushed hers

 

“Yul!!!! Where are you going?!” Sooyoung asked in surprise as Yuri passed by her, unmistakingly she saw tears streaming down Yuri’s face.

 

“Taengoo I better call Yoona… I feel that Yuri needs her at this time… if there’s someone who could find Yuri and comfort her it’s Yoona.” Taengoo settled down and understood what Soo meant.

 

Yuri got on her bike and drove out of the headquarters in full speed. Madly rushing down the street dodging traffic left and right as her tears continued to fall. She didn’t realize but she had made her way to the park; to the place where she and Yoona met for the first time. She sat down on the bench and cried her heart out. It’s nearly night time and Yuri kept on crying, she has been crying endlessly and her eyes seemed to burn from crying.

 

“Yul? Honey what’s wrong?” Yoona sat right beside Yuri, the latter looked up and immediately hugged Yoona.

 

Yuri didn’t seemed to respond to Yoona and just kept on crying as she dug her face into Yoona’s nape. Yoona couldn’t help but Yuri’s black hair, comforting Yuri and making sure that she could feel her warmth, love and care.

 

“Yul… I don’t know what’s happened but if you need someone to talk to… I am always here. I’m your girl, your woman and friend.”

 

They didn’t notice that there was someone watching them from a distance, lurking in the shadows. Observing the two and taking pictures of them. After snapping a couple of photos the person walked away and as the park’s lightposts pierced the darkness, as the shadows gave way to the light figure was revealed… Hye Jin.

 

 

“Kwon Yuri… you’ll pay for father’s sin.”

 

* Updated again would have uploaded this yesterday but I just had to make minor changes... so what do you think? Thanks for the continued support... as always read, comment and subscribe... many thanks and til next time ^_^ *

 

 

-AnDroGeNie-