Chapter 60

To Love You: More than a Dream, It is our Destiny

 

 

Sunny and Siwon went with Amber and entered the containment room while they left Agent Black and the rest of the agents to fight off the soldiers that attacked the facility. Amber started working on swiping the keycard on the security scanner of the containment room.

 

“How long will this take?” Siwon asked.

 

“Just give me a couple more seconds” Amber replied as she waited for the machine to recognize the override codes.

 

A beeping sound soon came from the machine and the safety lock of the containment room is finally disabled. Pressurized air from inside the chamber leaked through as the sealed doors slowly opened. Siwon, Sunny and Amber ventured through the room and saw a few vials inside an incubation machine with a glass dome lid. The 3 vials of the Zeta nanite and 3 more vials containing the Omega could be distinguished because of their contrasting colors.

 

“Dr. Liu, please hurry up and take the vials out of the machine, I don’t think we have much time” Siwon explained as he briefly checked the situation outside the chamber.

 

“I understand, just give me a little more time to secure the vials” Amber replied while she disabled the incubation machine.

 

The glass dome lid opened and with nimble fingers, Amber took the vials one by one and placed them on an insulated carrying case. Before putting away all of the vials she checked on Sunny and Siwon. Covertly she communicated with the leader of the soldiers invading the facility.

 

A couple minutes later the crossfire got more intense

 

“! More are coming!” Agent Black yelled out as he reloaded his M4 rifle.

 

“I’m running low on ammo!”

 

“Same here!”

 

A few agents exclaimed as they were down to their very last clips of ammunition.

 

“Here, make them count” Siwon tossed to his men a couple clips of ammunition.

 

He knew things were dire and they could no longer hold their position, as things slowly took a turn for the worse Agent Black momentarily left the men to talk to Siwon. While he was trying to talk to him, Siwon was trying to get hold of the control room.

 

“Control room, come in! Control room, come in! Anyone!” Siwon tried to get hold of anyone but the line is dead, nothing but static noise could be heard.

 

“We’ve lost the control room, all com lines are dead.” Siwon sighed as his shoulders sagged.

 

“Listen Agent Choi, Agent Lee, securing those vials is our top priority. You must get those out of the facility. Take the emergency exit; it would lead you guys to the basement.” Both Sunny and Siwon were surprised to hear what Agent Black said, despite the fact that the idea was in the back of their heads, the reality of abandoning their fellow agents wasn't by any means a comfortable thought.

 

“But-” Sunny tried to speak her mind and argue yet she knew it was the right thing to do. The entire world would be in grave danger should the invaders get a hold of the vials. Siwon could only clench his fists as he knows too well that Agent Black is right.

 

“I know it’s a hard thing to do, but both of you know it’s the right thing to do.” Agent Black patted Siwon and Sunny’s shoulders.

 

The exchange got even more intense, the soldiers were starting to pick apart the agents who were trying to defend the perimeter within the containment room. One by one their numbers started to dwindle.

 

"What are you waiting for? Get out of here while you still can!" Agent Black yelled at both Sunny and Siwon as he continued suppressing the growing number of enemies.

 

Their faces expressed how their conscience continues to battle over what they had to do. Sunny wanted to stay, she was unwilling to move even a single inch.

 

"Sunny we better go!" Siwon pleaded as he grabbed Sunny's wrist and started dragging her away to an emergency exit that would lead them to the basement parking lot.

 

The girl struggled and tried to break free from Siwon's grasp as her emotions flared. Agent Black turned to look at Sunny who was in tears, he briefly flashed a reassuring smile before getting up from his position. He emptied his last magazine and blindly rushed the soldiers that were standing against him.

 

The spent casings littered the floor and as his rifle fired the very last round, Agent Black discarded his rifle and pulled out a couple of grenades. The soldiers who saw him charging towards them quickly pointed their guns at him and pelted him with hot lead.

 

"Bastards! I'm taking all of you to hell!"

 

Agent Black yelled as he pulled the pins of the grenades, his body riddled with many wounds yet he pressed on and with the very last ounce of his strength he got close enough to take out a good number of enemies in one fiery explosion. The ceiling collapsed and the rubble blocked the soldiers’ path.

 

The sound of the explosion and the resulting aftershock made Sunny and Siwon aware of what happened to Agent Black. Sunny wiped her tears as she along with Siwon and Amber fled the area and into the emergency escape tunnel.

 

 

 

“Faster! I could almost see the parking lot!” Siwon yelled as he could faintly make out the dimlit parking lot at the end of the tunnel.

 

As they exited the tunnel a sudden blow to the back of Sunny and Siwon’s head knocked them out of their senses. While Siwon was out cold, Sunny could still faintly see what was happening in front of her. she slowly looked up and she could see Amber handing the briefcase containing the vials to one of the soldiers dressed in black.

 

“A-Amber…” Sunny weakly called out while trying to stretch out her hand. Amber looked at her and had a ghostly smirk before she completely knocked Sunny out with a kick in the head.

 

 

A splash of cold water jolted Sunny up, she came to her senses and tried to move around only to find that she both her hands and feet were bound as she lay sprawled on the ground.

 

With her dull senses and her eyesight slowly realigning, Sunny scanned the area around her. Cold air, tall trees and the occasional hoots of a forest owl made her realize that she wasn’t within the facility anymore.

 

“Ughhh…” A weak groan registered inside Sunny’s ear, she recognized the weak voice and instinctively looked around.

 

“Siwon?”

 

“S-Sunny?” Siwon weakly replied

 

“Siwon, are you alright? What happened?” Sunny asked as she squirmed around so she could get a glimpse of Siwon.

 

As Siwon came within her line of sight, his appaling state broke Sunny into tears. She badly wished to be by his side, before she could crawl towards him, a foot is suddenly driven to her back.

 

"Where do you think your going?" Sarcastically asked the person who’s stepping on Sunny’s back.

 

Sunny groaned and grimaced as the foot of this person pressed deeper into her back.

 

“L-let me go! Let me go!” Sunny snapped and thrashed around as tears rained from her eyes.

 

An amused smile appeared on this person’s face and in a swift motion a kick to the stomach silenced Sunny.

 

“My my, you’re a feisty one aren’t ya?” The person sneered at Sunny.

 

As Sunny slowly fought through the pain, she slowly craned her neck up so she could look at her tormentor.

 

“Y-You!” Sunny’s eyes widened “W-why are you doing this Amber?!”

 

Amber smirked and slowly crouched down so she could be eye level with Sunny. She grabbed a handful of Sunny’s blonde hair and forcefully made her get a better look at her.

 

“Why? I don’t need to answer that.” Amber arrogantly replied.

 

“You won’t need those answers, because in a few minutes there’s one very important question that both you and Agent Choi over there should answer.” Amber motioned Sunny to take a better look at Siwon.

 

“W-what do you mean?” Sunny managed to ask as she looked at Siwon who seems to be getting worst by the minute.

 

Amber abruptly released her hold on Sunny; the poor girl’s face painfully met the ground. A few feet from where Sunny grimaced on the ground, Siwon trembled and breathed raggedly. A change is beginning to take place in him. Amber knew what was going on inside Siwon’s body, the signs were already showing.

 

“You’ll know soon enough Ms. Lee” Amber cryptically replied as she walked away from Sunny.

 

After spending time with the research and observing the controlled experiments, she is certain that it would only be a matter of time before Sunny would also experience the symptoms that Siwon is experiencing.

 

Sunny began to sweat profusely as her strength gradually drained. Her insides felt like it was on fire, her breathing became erratic and ragged.

 

Kck~ W-what’s happening? Kck~” She asked as she suddenly coughed up blood.

 

Not far from where Sunny and Siwon were, Amber witnessed what was happening. She opened the passenger seat of a black hummer and retrieved something.

 

“Hey, what do you think you’re doing?” A brown haired guy on the driver seat of the vehicle asked.

 

Amber looked at him and scoffed.

 

“Zip it Wooyoung! I’m just going to make things a lot more interesting” Amber held up a syringe and walked away from the vehicle.

 

Sunny continued coughing up blood; she’s slowly experiencing the symptoms of what has infected Siwon. Faintly she could hear the sounds of foot steps coming towards her. Sunny squirmed around and readjusted her positon; she looked up at Amber who stood arrogantly in front of her.

 

“What’s happening to me?” Sunny weakly asked. Amber paid no mind to her and gestured her men to bring Siwon to her.

 

The soldiers dragged Siwon to where Amber and Sunny were, the moment the young man was brought before both of them, Sunny broke down into tears.

 

“Siwon! Siwon, speak to me!” She wailed.

 

“S-Sunny…” Siwon weakly answered as tears rolled down his pale cheeks. “A-Amber… she… injected…”

 

Sunny could see him struggling; she shushed Siwon and interrupted him.

 

“Si-Siwon save your strength… we’ll get through this”

 

All the while Amber stood amused and could no longer stifle her laughter; she continued mirthlessly laughing at the suffering lovers.

 

“Nice! It’s like I’m watching a scene from a movie! Ha ha ha!” Amber howled and laughed, angering the helpless lovers.

 

“What have you done to us?!” Sunny lashed out at Amber before coughing up blood.

 

Amber looked at her and mockingly smiled at Sunny. Amber took time to compose herself before clearing .

 

“I injected both of you with the Zeta nanite” Sunny and Siwon were shocked at the admission

 

“In half an hour both of you will turn to mindless cannibals, and anyone you’d attack would either be dead because you’ll be eating them or they’ll survive and turn to zombies” Amber informed them as she glanced at both Sunny and Siwon.

  

Sunny had no words and Siwon’s weakened state didn’t allow him to spare a lot of words either.

 

“Of course that is unless…” Amber trailed as she waved around the syringe she had containing the omega nanite.

 

Sunny and Siwon looked at the syringe and the blue color gave them an idea of what was inside the syringe.

 

Amber came closer to both Siwon and Sunny; she crouched down in front of them and gave them a closer look at the syringe on her hands.

 

“Sadly, this is only enough to save one of you” Amber taunted Sunny and Siwon “So the question now is, who should get cured?”

 

“Will it be you?” Amber pointed at Siwon

 

“Or…” Amber then pointed at Sunny “will it be you?”

 

Amber was satisfied with what she’s done; she gestured one of her men to loosen the chains that were wrapped around Sunny and Siwon. Amber slowly stood up and gave Siwon and Sunny some time to think over who should be saved.

 

Sunny and Siwon hardly had any words to say, time was running out and neither of them wished to save themselves. Sunny wanted Siwon to get cured but Siwon wanted Sunny to get cured. They thought of only saving each other and not themselves but neither seem to let the other win.

 

“S-Sunny, listen to me, I-”

 

“No! I won’t! You should have it!” Sunny yells and interrupts Siwon

 

“I’d rather turn to a zombie and die rather than watch you suffer and turn to a monster!” Sunny cried out.

 

“Damn it! Sunny! Listen to me!” with what’s left of his strength Siwon lashed out so Sunny would listen to his reason. He grabbed Sunny by her shoulders and looked into her eyes.

 

“It’s too late for me!” Siwon painfully started to explain as he once again broke into tears. “She injected me with the nanites while you were still unconscious, it’s too late for me, but you, you could still be saved.”

 

Sunny could hardly breathe a single word, she weakly raised her hands and cupped Siwon’s cheeks, her thumbs wiped away the tears that were racing down Siwon’s sad eyes.

 

“Sunny, I could never live with myself if I choose to save myself rather than saving you.” Siwon reasoned before capturing Sunny’s lips with a sorrowful and tearful kiss.

 

“I love you too much” Siwon uttered after breaking the kiss.

 

He teared his gaze away from the crying girl and looked at Amber; the latter understood what Siwon wanted her to do. Amber turned to her two soldiers who were standing behind her. He gestured to them to take Siwon away.

 

The moment Siwon was dragged away from her, Sunny became alarmed, she looked at Siwon and saw that he didn’t even struggle as he was being led away into a black container van.

 

“Where are you taking him?” Sunny asked as she looked at Amber who was slowly approaching her.

 

“He won’t be going too far” Amber casually replied before abruptly injecting Sunny with cure.

 

Sunny hissed and grimaced as she was injected with the Omega nanites.

 

“He’ll be our scapegoat, while me and my people will be making our escape from London, he will be unleashed and wreak havoc on the people of city.”