Two sides of a coin

To Love You: More than a Dream, It is our Destiny

 

Chapter 43 Two sides of a coin

 


 

 

 

“Damn it! How the hell did all of this happen?” Yuri asked in disbelief as she lets out a heavy and exhausted sigh.

 

“! What a ing long night!” Taeyeon slumps down and sat next to Yuri

 

“Taengoo what the hell are we going to do now?”

 

“We’ll wait for their demands Yul, it’s all we could do… wait.” Taeyeon lifelessly responded her mind isn’t working anymore; her mind is literally pulled in opposite directions. On one hand she’s worried about Krystal yet on the other hand she’s worried of her twin sister Hyoyeon who’s in a pretty rough shape after protecting Nicole from a grenade blast. She took the full brunt of the explosion but needless to say Nicole was also injured though not as bad as Hyo's.

 

Flashback

 

The girls were gathered in the living room, watching a movie together. Krystal, Yoona, Yuri and Hye Jin were seated on the floor sharing a big bowl of popcorn. Nicole and Hyoyeon as usual were snuggled together despite the bloodcurdling scream and the splattering sound of blood they were pretty much lost in their own world. Tiffany on the other hand buried her face on Taeyeon’s chest, Taeyeon kept chuckling as she kept hearing Tiffany murmuring.

 

“Happy thoughts, happy thoughts… think happy thoughts… happy Thoughts” Tiffany kept on repeating those words as she tries to block out the graphic scenes and screaming from the horror movie they were watching.

 

All of a sudden the safehouse’s electricity went out after a loud explosion; from outside the safehouse the perimeter guards began engaging the intruders. They were overpowering the the guards. Taeyeon and Yuri glanced at each other and knew too well what was happening. The emergency lights came on and safehouse’s doors and windows became sealed.

 

“TaeTae they won’t get to us right?” Tiffany asked as latched herself even tighter around Taeyeon.

 

“Ne, Pani-ah don’t worry, just stay close to me…” Taeyeon reluctantly answered Tiffany. Taeyeon tried to put on a brave and reassuring face but she knew that things are getting worse by the minute.

 

“Taengoo, Hye Jin-unnie, Hyo lets get the weapons. We can’t afford to be sitting ducks here.” Yuri suggested, Yoona held on to her hand with so much pressure which made Yuri turn to her and she saw panic and fear in Yoona’s doe eyes.

 

“What about the girls?” Hyo asked while clutching on Nicole’s hand.

“Girls follow us and no matter what happens stay close. Got it?”

 

Taeyeon looked at Tiffany, Yoona, Nicole and Krystal, the four of them could do little except nod. All of them got up from the floor and made their way to the weapons and munitions room on the 1st floor of the safehouse. As they all made their way into the weapons and munitions room, The Jung sisters couldn’t believe their eyes. The weapons hanging all around the walls, the bullet proof vests and helmets, grenades, and so much more.

 

“Here wear these.” Taeyeon handed the four girls the vests and helmets as a precaution.

 

The four girls hastily put on the vests and helmets, while Taeyeon, Yuri, Hyoyeon and Hye Jin checked on their vests to make sure that the Jung sisters were wearing them properly and securely.

 

“It might sound hard right now but I need all of you to stay calm okay?”

 

“We’re in a tight spot right now but I promise you, we’ll make it out of this mess.” Taeyeon tried to ease the four girls. She could see the fear in their eyes but at a situation like this she knows that the four girls can dangerously become a liability.

 

Taeyeon and the others began equipping themselves with guns, ammunition and other provisions they could carry. Yoona looked at Yuri and she couldn’t help but admire and at the same time get scared of the intense look on Yuri’s face.

 

“Yul…” Yoona called out to her.

 

“Yoong? What is it?” Yuri immediately softened up, realizing it was Yoona calling her out.

 

“I-I can also do this… let me help…” Yoona grabbed hold of a handgun; she was holding it with both of her hands.

 

“Yoong, this is too dangerous… I know that you and I are the same but… you barely have training.”

 

“Bu-but Yul I can do this.” Yoona tried to reason with Yuri.

 

“No! There’s no need for you to do that Yoona.” Yuri sternly replied hoping to end the discussion.

 

“Why Yul? Don’t you trust me when I say that I CAN DO THIS?!” Yoona responded still not letting go of the topic emphasizing the last part of her statement.

 

“Yes… I trust you… it’s just that… it’s just that…” Yuri lowered her head, her voice slowly cracking.

 

“Just what Yul? What?? Make me understand.” Yoona asked with a loud voice, she could barely contain herself.

 

“Yoona! I can’t have you risking your life! Not now, because right here… right now… I don’t know if I can afford to lose you!” Yuri raised her head once again and looked at Yoona straight in the eyes.

                                                       

“I’m not strong enough… I’m not strong enough to protect you… I can’t… just can’t lose you… I don’t know if my heart could take it…” Yuri’s voice hitched. Her eyes were watery and for the first time Yoona could see something in Yuri’s eyes that expressed her greatest fear.

 

“Yul, what’s the worse that could happen, you and I went through the same experiment remember?”

 

“Call me crazy but the way I see it you and I… together we can be invincible we can become each other’s sword and shield.”

 

“We’re two sides of a coin. Together we complete each other.” Yoona soothed Yuri’s troubled mind and held her in a warm and reassuring embrace.

 

“Okay… fine you can have it your way Yoong… just stay close to me okay?” Yuri sighed in defeat. She could see the determination in Yoona’s eyes.

 

“Thanks Yul, hehe” Yoona playfully pecked Yuri’s lips and showed her a smug and confident grin.

 

Another update! I'm feeling a lot more productive and quite frankly I'm a couple of chapters ahead than what I expected. Anyway the action scenes really got me pumped up I didn't notice it until I was done writing the next two chapters. Anyways I won't be releasing those just yet. Kekeke to keep the suspense going *wink* 

 

Hold on to your seats and enjoy! Thanks to everyone! to my new subbies thanks a lot your support means the world to me!

 

Special shoutout to bemageimust, SHINEE_GGeneration, ichayoonyul, carlinex and kurizlin! Thanks guys for the lovely comments really helps get me going!

 

-AnDroGeNie-