Whiteout part 1

To Love You: More than a Dream, It is our Destiny

 

Chapter 38 Whiteout part 1


 

 

 

Snow fell heavily; it was the most freakish snow storm Seoul has experienced in decades. The blacktop could barely be seen as the once black roads around the city were covered in snow. Everything was seemingly peaceful in the thick of night and the snow storm has become a curtain that muffled the the sights and sounds of this eventful evening.

 

At the Choi Group of Companies Tower, a silent but hostile takeover ensued. Armed men led my Nickhun entered the building. They start gunning down innocent employees and security personnel. A security personnel by the reception booth of the CGC Tower managed to press the alarm button with his very last ounce of strength.

 

*KKKKRrrrrrrRRRiiIIInngGGGG* A ringing sound resounded all through out the CGC Tower a distress call was also sent to the police and ISA. Mr. Choi’s bodyguards began escorting him and his eldest daughter and protégé Soojin to an emergency elevator that was only accessible behind Mr. Choi’s office. The entrance was cleaverly hidden behind an ornate bookcase that automatically closed when the elevator door closed.

 

“Mr. Choi we should hurry. Please get in the elevator.” One of his bodyguards urged them to hasten their pace.

 

“Yes, but whatever happens please make my daughter’s safety your number one priority.” Mr. Choi commanded to his bodyguards as they were but a few steps away from the secret elevator.

 

“Dad, what’s going on here?” Soojin asked, her voice gripped with terror.

 

“Honey, don’t panic, stay calm.” Mr. Choi held his daughter’s hand as they quickened their pace.

 

“It’s finally happened; I never thought that he’s gonna be this aggressive.” Mr. Choi gritted his teeth and muttered to himself.

 

“Dad?”

 

“Soojinnie~ we’re in danger and right now we might not be able to make it out alive so please calm down, arraso?”

 

“Ne, appa”

 

Mr. Choi pressed a cleaverly hidden button on the ornate bookshelf. It immediately parted to the side, revealing the secret elevator. Mr. Choi and Soojin went in with the bodyguards. The elevator started zipping down to the CGC Tower’s secret basement. It was a secret and specially designed security feature in the CGC Tower in the event that a catastrophe or invasion took place.

 

Meanwhile

 

Psy dispatched the Blade team to respond to the alarm call; unfortunately the road conditions weren’t favorable there was heavy traffic in most roads that lead towards CGC Tower.

 

“Team, we have no choice, Yuri… it appears we’re going to need your skills as a pilot for this particular mission.” Psy was rather hasty, he felt as though Han Geng and his horde is not the only enemy he’s fighting. He felt that he was on the ropes and that there weren’t any options left or any cleaver subterfuge to get them out of this tight situation.

 

“Sir I don’t think that would be a wise idea, we can’t fly in this condition; it’s almost zero visibility out there.” Yuri argued, she could tell that the snow storm was at its worst and so far flying is out of the question.

 

“She’s right sir, it would be suicide for us to even consider that.” Taeyeon seconded Yuri’s sentiments.

 

“Then what are we to do sit here and wait while my father and sister’s life is at risk?” Sooyoung exploded with anger and fear coarsing through her mind. Her thoughts ran wild and she couldn’t calm down knowing too well that the entire tower is overrun with Han Geng’s agents.

 

“If taking our van or a damn helicopter is out of the question then I’m gonna try heading out using a god damn bike!” Sooyoung slammed her fist on the table and stood up from her seat.

 

“Calm down Sooyoung, like you I want to get down there and take care of all those fiends… but I also have to consider your safety, Edward won’t be pleased if I needlessly put you and your siblings’ lives at risk.” Psy tried to reason and quell Sooyoung’s rashness.

 

“We don’t have a lot of options so some of you have to go down there using our motorcycles.”

 

“Sooyoung, Yuri, Taeyeon, Sunny and Hyoyeon, the five of you will go down there and secure the CGC Tower.”

 

“As for the rest of the team, you have no choice but to take your chances with the van.”

 

Their briefing ended and the team hastily prepared their gear, Sooyoung of course was hastier than anyone else. Her younger brothers simply quickened their pace but they were too distracted to even focus on the task at hand. After preparing their gear, Sooyoung, Yuri, Taeyeon, Hyoyeon and Sunny got on their KTM Duke 200 equipped with snow tires for this particular kind of weather.

 

The five of them wasted no time and rode out of the ISA complex in a rather hasty fashion. Their bikes roared through the deafening silence, they crisscrossed through the heavy traffic and often times used the pavement just to move along. It was a mad race towards the tower, every second spent idle was a second wasted, everyone knew this especially Sooyoung. In a matter of minutes they arrived at the tower. Sooyoung gripped her rifle harder at the sight of the slaughtered employees.

 

“Soo I know what you’re thinking but please I urge you to calm down.” Taeyeon urged Sooyoung not to make any hasty decisions.

 

“This is madness, so much innocent blood has been spilled all because of a man’s ambition and greed?” Sooyoung exclaimed as she looked around the once bustling and lively lobby of CGC Tower now drenched in bloodied corpses and the once gallant and lavish interior is now riddled with bullet holes and cracked walls.

 

“We better secure the area and start exterminating these pests.”

 

They moved through every floor, occasionally encountering enemy agents. Sooyoung didn’t hesitate and sniped them down. Her heart broke when she caught a glimpse of one of her good friends Jiyeon lying down lifelessly on the floor in a pool of her own blood. Jiyeon had bullet wounds and wounds inflected by a sword or knife. Sooyoung could only guess who or what sadistic animal did this to her. Sooyoung found that their friendship bracelet was missing.

 

“Jiyeon… Jiyeon-ah!” Sooyoung dropped her rifle and went over to her friend’s cold and lifeless corpse and hugged her in her arms.

 

Jiyeon was a sweet young girl who Sooyoung had a close friendship with; she was someone Sooyoung became friends with when they were still in high school. The sight of her dead friend was heartwrenching, every single memory that they spent together flashedback in Sooyoung’s mind.

 

They first met, when Sooyoung saw Jiyeon crying at their school’s playgrounds. Jiyeon was heartbroken and Sooyoung was the sympathetic ear that comforted her in her time of grief. They became good friends as they shared common interests, fast cars, hot and y girls and of course their most common denominator food.

 

“Who did this to you Jiyeon ah? I’ll make them pay… I swear I’ll kill them all!”

 

Sooyoung gently put Jiyeon’s body back to the floor then stood up with rage and vengeance coursing through her mind. Yuri and Taeyeon stood silently watching her, Sooyoung’s eyes gleamed with vengeance, and her cheerful demeanor was replaced with an ominous and dark aura of malice and vengeance.

 

Sooyoung was impatient and she hurriedly went through each floor killing anyone who stood her way. One agent was unfortunate enough to be at close proximity with her.

 

*Whack! CKkkrrRRRacccKK!* Sooyoung slammed her rifle’s buttstock on the agent’s head; he awkwardly fell down on the floor. He’s skull made cracking sounds, as he’s nose became bloodied and a few of his teeth went flying off.

 

*Bang!* Sooyoung shoved the barrel of her rifle in the agent’s mouth and pulled the trigger. His head exploded like a melon with his blood splattering all over the place. Sooyoung walked away and went past her team members who stood in shock. Sunny and Hyoyeon were taken back at Sooyoung, for once they saw only her dark and piercing eyes, it was like darkness shrouded her. Her face masked in darkness and not a single trace of the carefree and lovable Sooyoung can be found.

 

“Tae, I think Soo’s lost it…” Sunny spoke up her words trailed with fear.

 

Taeyeon tried to catch up with Sooyoung, but the latter was walking rather hastily. Yuri tapped Taeyeon’s shoulder and instructed Taeyeon to stay on course with the mission.

 

“Tae, focus on the mission, you, Sunny and Hyo secure the building and look for Chairman Choi. I’ll go with Sooyoung and make sure that she stays out of trouble.”

 

Taeyeon nodded and the five of them went off in separate directions. Taeyeon was aware of the secret elevator and basement. Along with Sunny and Hyo they made their way towards Chairman Choi’s office. Their way towards his office was rather easier compared to Yuri and Sooyoung’s. Though it appears as though Sooyoung wasn’t thinking about anything else, the truth was she knew that the enemy was going to be concentrated on the 31st floor. It was the floor that housed the heavily secured vault containing the codex.

 

Hello everyone here's my update, I know it was overdue yesterday but I had my reasons... well lets just say I'm at an all time low. I'm sad about getting cut from the training and I went to see my older brother... I was so sad he looked so ill that it just broke my heart. My brother is really sick and he might need a kidney transplant soon. When that time comes I'd willingly give him mine. I can't imagine my world without my brother... I'd do anything to make sure that he stays around for a long time.

 

Anyway on a different note I guess I'll be able to write more often now, seeing as how I have oodles of free time. Thanks everyone for your continued support really appreciate it!

 

-AnDroGeNie-