Chapter 56

To Love You: More than a Dream, It is our Destiny

 

 

 

Days passed, the buzz from the big wedding died down and shortly Yuri, Yoona, Hye Jin and Jiyong would be landing at Narita International Airport. Yuri herself piloted the private jet they were using. The aircraft landed and taxied to a private hangar owned by Choi Group.

 

 

“Aaahhhh… feels so good to be back!” Yuri took in a dizzying amount of air, embracing the opportunity to be back in her birthplace.

 

 

“You really missed being here huh?” Yoona asked as she hugged Yuri from behind.

 

 

Yuri settled into Yoona’s embrace, she tilted her head so that the back of her neck would lean on the crook of Yoona’s neck. After being away from her birthplace for over two years, returning to home brought back many nostalgic memories. A soft smile appeared in Yuri’s face as she carefully intertwined her hands with her beloved Yoona.

 

 

“Yo! Sorry to interrupt but our ride’s here!” Jiyong yelled. His voice broke the moment between Yuri and Yoona.

 

 

“You’re an idiot you know that?” Standing right beside Jiyong; Hye Jin hissed and slapped the back of his head, causing him to smile sheepishly.

 

 

“Keke can’t help it love!” Jiyong grinned and quickly hugged Hye Jin, giving her a quick peck on the lips.

 

 

The two laughed and stole kisses from each other as Jiyong initiated a tickling battle between him and Hye Jin. All the while, Yuri and Yoona smiled and watched the two as Yoona still trapped Yuri in her arms.

 

 

 


 

 

The driver took the four to the cemetary where Yuri's parents were buried. They weren't staying long; they only were stopping over in Tokyo before flying off to France.

 

 

"Hello, okasan... Otosan... I'm back." Yuri smiled and placed the flowers she brought with her on her mom and dad's tombstone.

 

 

Her eyes were fixed on the granite marker where the names of her parents were etched along with a picture of her mom and dad. A lone tear escaped Yuri's eyes as she knelt down and lit some incense.

 

 

"Hey okasan, otosan... I'm here to introduce someone... Although I guess you might have known her already... But let me just introduce her okay?" Yuri lets out a small chuckle.

 

 

The whole while Yoona has been watching over Yuri as she continues to talk with her parents. She overheard Yuri's little conversation with her parents, knowing what Yuri said earlier, Yoona knelt down beside her and held Yuri's hand. A simple gesture yet it meant a lot, the moment she turned to look at Yoona; a bright smile appeared in Yuri's face.

 

 

"Hello Mr. Kwon... Mrs. Kwon. Or should I call you mom and dad?" Yoona chuckled and scratched her head. Her dorkiness earned a giggle and a playful elbow from Yuri.

 

 

"You probably already know me... But I'd like to re-introduce myself. I'm Im Yoona and I am truly, deeply and irrevocably in love with your daughter. She's my life and I can't imagine life without her."

 

 

"Okasan, Otosan, I want you to know that I love Yuri so much and that I want to spend the rest of my life with her. Please give me your blessing okasan, otosan." Yoona bowed down in front of the tombstone of Yuri's parents.

 

 

"Please accept us, okasan, otosan..." Yuri

 

 

Although a little taken aback, Yuri also followed Yoona and bowed in front of the gravestone.

 

 

 


 

 

After talking to Yuri's parents, the couple stood and gave Hye Jin some time to talk to their dad, James Kwon. She fidgeted a little and bir   as she slowly knelt in front of the tombstone. Her eyes fixed on her dad's picture.

 

 

"Hey dad..." Hye Jin began as tears started to well up in her eyes.

 

 

"It's me Hye Jin. I'm sorry for being a fool, I was an idiot and I nearly killed my sister. Dad... I'm so sorry!" Hye Jin broke down in tears, her wails and whimpers made Yuri rush to her side and hug her.

 

 

"Dad, Mrs. Kwon I'm so sorry, I was such a fool!" Her sister's anguish made Yuri cry as she soothingly rubbed Hye Jin's back.

 

 

"Unnie, please stop crying its okay. They don't blame you unnie, I'm alright and you're by my side. Everything's right where it's supposed to be, you're here with me and I won't have it any other way, I love you unnie." Yuri's words made Hye Jin cry harder and gratefully hug her. Words can't describe the shear joy stirring within Hye Jin's heart. It was like a huge weight was lifted from her burdened heart.

 

 

After visiting Yuri’s parents, Jiyong, Hye Jin, Yoona and Yuri returned to the private hangar where the plane was waiting for them. As they didn’t plan to stay long in Japan, the four of them then went to their first destination in their little Eurotrip… Paris.

 


-AnDroGeNie-