Remember my Name

To Love You: More than a Dream, It is our Destiny

 

Chapter 40 Remember my Name


 

 

The blonde had a bloodthirsty and murderous expression on his face. His smirk was most sadistic as he toyed with the shiny steel blade of his katana. He positioned his sword upside down and aimed for Sooyoung’s abdomen.

 

“You’re all bark but you don’t actually have a bite to back it up!”

 

“A like you should be put down!”

 

Yuri quickly rushed towards the unsuspecting man who was about to the katana through Soo’s abdomen. She grabbed hold of his hands making sure that he wouldn’t be able to move his hands any further.

 

“A like you shouldn’t be allowed to walk on God’s green earth!” Yuri’s grip held him in place and stopped him from ing the katana. The very tip of the Japanese sword hovered dangerously an inch away from Sooyoung’s abdomen.

 

The man was amused and laughed histerically.

 

“I guess you can better entertain me than your pathetic friend over here right?” He sneered as he shoved Yuri off him without letting go of his sword.

 

“Come on pretty girl! Let’s play!” He sneered and curled his forefinger gesturing Yuri to come at him with everything she’s got.

 

Yuri pulled out her dagger and charged straight at him, she parried and blocked his slashes and dodged his s. The blonde man let out a smirk and was amused with how Yuri could easily dodge his attacks.

 

“You seem to be worthy opponent, killing you would be an honor, so I’ll give you the honor of knowing my name…” The blonde man sardonically laughed as he dashed towards Yuri and attacked her with full force.

 

“There’s no honor in knowing the name of a man with no honor.”

 

Yuri did her best to block his attacks, but at each strike, his attacks seem to get more intense and powerful. Yuri’s arms started to tremble and weaken from blocking his attacks. The sound of steel clashing against steel echoed through out the halls, Yuri could barely throw a counter attack. She timed her next move and waited for him to strike, the blonde man lets out a powerful downward slash. Yuri sidestepped and dashed closer towards him. She swings her dagger towards his abdomen.

 

“That was close but not close enough!” He checked for any wound only to find a portion of his shirt damaged by Yuri’s attack.

 

He started closing in on Yuri and lets out a flurry of swift strikes, Yuri tried fending him off but was caught offguard. The blonde man wounded Yuri by the shoulder. The cut he made wasn’t deep enough but at this point Yuri could barely grip the dagger let alone fend him off.

 

Yuri placed her dagger on her weak hand, She can’t make a decent attack with her strong hand due to her wounded shoulder. The blonde man stood and stared at her mockingly. Yuri felt like she was being looked down on.

 

“I think you’re starting to bore me, I guess I better finish you off first then send your friend with you to hell! Ha ha ha!” The blonde man lets out a hellish and maniacal laugh then he dashed towards Yuri holding his katana with both hands and aiming to chop Yuri’s head off in one clean blow.

 

Just then… something within Yuri stirred… Flashes started to appear before her eyes, as if with renewed purpose Yuri ducked low to the ground, she was too low that the blonde’s slash was nowhere near her. In an instant from the ground Yuri propped up and let out a powerful upward slash using her dagger. The blonde was almost caught off guard but he was quick enough that he managed to take a stepback but not without sustaining a cut that ran from his left cheek all the way to left side of his forehead. He bled profusely and the cut was severe enough to damage his left eye.

 

“AAGGHHH!!!! ING !!!!” The blonde cursed as he clutched the left side of his face while his right hand held on his katana.

 

His right eye was burning with intense anger and he steadied his grip on his katana and changed his stance and was now ready to make a deadly attack. Yuri puts her guard up and held her dagger in front of her in an angle to deflect any on coming attack.

 

Just then…

 

*Click~Beep~Beep!* the blonde was stopped in his tracks when he heard his earpiece click and beep. Then a voice spoke to him…

 

“Khun, I trust that you’ve got the codex yes?” Hang Geng asked impatiently, his other agents managed to report the situation and he was closely monitoring the mission from his hideout.

 

“Khun, you’ve lost a good number of your team I suggest you to pullout of that place with the codex.”

 

“There’s a helicopter on the rooftop, use it and get out of the tower with the codex.”

 

“But Sir… I could still finish off this in front of—” Nickhun tried to reason with Han Geng.

 

“Khun let me make things clear, this is not a request this is an ORDER.” Han Geng emphasized the last part of his statement and Nickhun knew all too well that Han Geng never tolerates insubordination.

 

“Well… I guess this is where our fun ends for tonight pretty girl! Ha Ha Ha.” Nickhun sheathed his katana and grabbed a few smokebombs. Yuri didn’t let her guard down and observed his every move.

 

“Remember my name well pretty girl. Nickhun! Nickhun is my name, because the next time we meet will be your last day on earth! Ha Ha Ha Ha!” Nickhun threw his smokebomb to the ground and in the midst of the smoke he vanished without a trace. Minutes later the helicopter on the rooftop took off with Nickhun and the codex onboard.

 

Meanwhile…

 

Taeyeon, Hyoyeon and Sunny got to the secret elevator relatively unharmed and with minimum resistance. The enemy didn’t know about the secret elevator and were never interested in harming Mr. Choi or his daughter Soojin. Taeyeon contacted Psy and he confirmed that Edward and Soojin safely evacuated the Tower and is now enroute to the ISA Headquarters.

 

“Got it… Thanks Commander.” Taeyeon got off the phone and turned to Sunny and Hyoyeon confirming to them the safety of Soojin and Mr. Choi.

 

“Are they okay Taengoo? Are Soojin-unnie and Uncle Ed safe?” Hyo asked rather worried about the safety of both Mr. Choi and Soojin.

 

“Yeah, they are fine.” Taeyeon patted Hyo’s shoulder and assured her that they are safe.

 

“Tae, back ups on its way and a man named Nickhun have escaped with the codex… Soo’s hurt as well...”

 

“Yuri said Soo probably has a couple of broken ribs and she got knocked unconscious, but other than that they seem to be fine.” Sunny reported to Taeyeon what Yuri relayed to her. Taeyeon breathed a sigh of relief, if anything she knew that if Yuri wasn’t around Soo could have ended up in a body bag.

 

The other Blade operatives arrived with the other ISA agents, paramedics and the local police. The Ring cleaned house on the CGC Tower killing almost every single employee that stood in their way. Only a handful survived and as for the enemy agents who were captured, they ingested cyanide pills which killed them on the spot. Han Geng gave strict orders and his men were disciplined to the point where they would take their own life if captured. There was a bit of a ruckus when one of the captured agents detonated the explosives on his vest. The resulting explosion killed or injured several ISA agents.

 

“Is everyone okay? Minho? Seo? You guys okay?” Siwon slowly got up from the ground, He, Minho and Seohyun were standing a few meters away from the explosion. They were coordinating with the police and the ISA agents as they were trying to contain the situation.

 

“Hyung… I-I’m okay…” Minho was still rocked by the explosion; he got a few scrapes and scratches from the debris and shrapnel that flew out in different directions.

 

“Seo? You okay?” Minho nudged Seohyun, she was beside him when the explosion began.

 

“Mmm… I’m mostly okay but I-I aish… my hand… ow! My hand!” Seohyun squinted her eyes and felt great pain and discomfort when she tried to move her left hand; she fell to the ground at a rather awkward fashion. She landed on her left hand causing it to fracture.

 

“Damn it! I need a medic here now!” Minho hissed and called out for a medic, he startled one of the nearby medics who immediately attended to her.

 

“Minho stay here with Seo, I’ll contact the others.” Minho nodded and turned his attention to his injured girlfriend. Siwon was able to contact Taeyeon, she told him that Sooyoung was hurt.

 

Siwon assembled a few agents and medics that were available. They took with them a stretcher just in case Sooyoung needed to be carried out. After what seemed like a long night Soo was rushed to the hospital. She was still unconscious and had trouble breathing thanks to the broken ribs. Yuri and the others tailed the ambulance carrying her to the hospital. The hours ticked away and as the night grew deeper, all of the commotion died out and the snow storm subsided but what was once a silent night is now filled with countless ambulances rushed to and fro while their sirens blared through out the streets. Ambulances headed towards the nearby hospitals as other ambulances headed towards the morgue. Lives were lost this fateful night and one thing became clear the enemy now has the codex and the next target is Jung industries. 

 

Another update I'll try squeeze in another chapter soonish... Thanks everyone for taking time to read and subscribe to this fic.

 

-AnDroGeNie-