Whiteout part 2

To Love You: More than a Dream, It is our Destiny

 

Chapter 39 Whiteout part 2

 


 

 

 

Yuri and Sooyoung continued going through the CGC Tower occasionally encountering a few enemies but found more dead bodies lying everywhere. Sooyoung was slowly dying inside, she knows almost everyone in the tower, she might not know them by name but she’s been around long enough to know their faces. The faces of the dead stick to her mind as if they were tattooed into the very fabric of her being. Yuri continued eyeing her vigilantly and hoping to keep Sooyoung out of harms way.

                              

“Soo pull yourself together you can’t loose your head now.” Yuri nervously thought as she stared at Sooyoung’s back while trying to mask her anxiety from the latter.

 

They finally reached the stairwell leading to the 31st floor, Yuri looked at Sooyoung nervously. Sooyoung had that same vengeful look on her face; Yuri took a deep and long breath. She prepared herself for the arduous battle ahead.

 

“Soo I—”

 

“I know Yul, really I’m fine, I know you’re worried but believe me I’m fine and perfectly in control of my emotions.” Sooyoung cut off Yuri and assured the latter that her anger won’t get the best of her.

 

As soon as they stepped off from the top of the stairs, they were met with a hailstorm of bullets. Sooyoung took cover and got on a prone position. Yuri on the other hand hid behind the security booth. She hid behind the counter and tried to get the position of the enemy gunmen.

 

“Soo, how many do you see?” Yuri yelled out to Sooyoung, the latter acknowledged her and gestured 7 on the right, 5 on the left and 3 more gunmen hidden behind a rather ornate and decorative statue on the far end of the hallway.

 

“Soo, take out as many as you can, just give me some cover.” Yuri got ready and steadied herself. She was going to try and close in on the enemy as a diversion so that Sooyoung could effectively take out the enemy one by one.

 

Yuri started counting off with her fingers, Sooyoung looked at her hand intently…

 

3…

 

Sooyoung pulled on her L96A1 Super Magnum’s charging handle, a .338 Lapua round was now loaded into the chamber of her rifle.

 

2…

 

Sooyoung rolled on her belly and steadied her aim, she glanced at Yuri who was now ready to get up and provide a diversion.

 

1…

 

*Bang~!* with a resounding crack of thunder, Sooyoung’s rifle made a loud and thundering noise. It was a clean hit to the enemy’s head, and as if on cue Yuri got up from where she was hiding and ran in a zig and zagging motion, briefly taking cover and moving again, she was met with a heavy onslaught of enemy fire but her erratic movements made her too difficult to aim at. She occasionally fired at the enemy as Sooyoung continued sniping down the enemy.

 

Sooyoung managed to take out 4 more enemies while Yuri managed to take down 3. The heated exchange soon died down. The hallway fell silent and Sooyoung got out from cover and joined Yuri, They started heading out towards the direction of the heavily secured storage room. Yuri took a peek from the corner where their objective was, she managed to see 5 heavily armed men wearing body armor. They were keeping watch as a lone agent with blonde hair and clad in black, wearing a knee length black leather coat entered the storage room.

 

“Soo, they managed to access the storage room. I could only guess that either there’s mole in the Choi Group or someone sold information to them.”

 

“Damn it! Yul what are we standing here for let’s stop them before they get away with the codex!” Sooyoung abruptly made her way towards the enemy, from the corner she immediately aimed for the neck of one of the heavily armored men.

 

*Bang!!!!* Sooyoung’s aim was spot on! The unfortunate fellow immediately fell to the floor lifeless as blood escaped his neck. The four remaining agents took cover as Soo quickly cycled another round into the chamber of her Super Magnum. Another deafening and thundering sound escaped the barrel of her rifle. Sooyoung aimed for the enemy’s head, the lapua round made short work of his helmet. The round pierced his helmet and the bullet went straight through his forehead.

 

The 3 remaining armed men, started raining bullets towards Sooyoung, she couldn’t do anything else except to take cover.

 

“Yul! Need back up!”

 

“Roger!”

 

Yuri immediately came in and hurled a stun grenade towards the enemy, *BOOOM!!!* The 31st floor was rocked by the loud and disorienting blast. The enemy agents were left dazed and stunned. This provided Yuri a much needed opening; she made her way towards them. She got close to one of the disoriented men, she pulled out her dagger and quickly slit his throat. Sooyoung got out from where she took cover and made short work of one of the 2 remaining men, she took aim at one of them who was about attack Yuri.

 

*BANG!!!* The man swung his rifle around, aiming for Yuri’s head; he was stopped literally dead on his tracks when Sooyoung shot him through his temples. Yuri turned her attention to the only remaining enemy.

 

The remaining agent was now cornered like a rattlesnake. He began firing in all directions. Yuri managed to duck but could do little as the fear stricken agent continued emptying his magazine. Sooyoung who was from a safe distance sidestepped behind a nearby pillar and took cover.

 

*Click~ Click~ Click!* He ran out of bullets.

 

“!” He exclaimed and panicked as he searched around for another magazine.

 

Yuri took this opportunity and got up from where she was hiding, but as she was about to dash towards him. The agent had managed to reload his weapon, in a blink of an eye he aimed nearly point blank towards her. *BRAA-TA-TATAT!*

 

Yuri barely had time to react; she instinctively ducked down and rolled sideways to escape his line of fire. Had she been a split second too late she would surely take the full brunt of his assault. *BANG!!!* Yuri was about to lunge at him, but Sooyoung was already locked on to him, she only waited for the perfect opportunity in order to avoid friendly fire. Yuri and Sooyoung took a look around and made sure to check to see if their enemies were dead and make sure that no one else is around.

 

Just then…

 

“Admirable work.” The blonde haired man mocked Yuri and Sooyoung and started clapping as he exited the storage room.

 

Sooyoung and Yuri immediately aimed at him with their guns.

 

“Surrender now and hand over the codex! There’s no escape for you now.” Yuri didn’t take her guard down and ordered him to surrender.

 

“What if I don’t? Can any of you actually manage to kill me?” The blonde man continued mocking them and ran his thumb across his neck as though gesturing to Sooyoung and Yuri to cut off his head from his neck.

 

“Don’t tempt me! You killed so many innocent people here!” Sooyoung hissed and her temper was flaring up.

 

“So what if we did? They are just tiny insignificant ants and deserve to be crushed beneath our heels.” Sooyoung and Yuri were flabbergasted and felt sick hearing his snide remark.

 

 

At this point Sooyoung was sick to her stomach, she wanted to beat him to a bloody pulp, just then she caught a glimpse of Jiyeon’s friendship bracelet. It was loosely dangling on the pocket of his black leather coat.

 

“Where did you get that!? Answer me how did you get Jiyeon’s bracelet?!” Sooyoung’s eyes narrowed on the bracelet, the blonde immediately smirked and chuckled his head off.

 

“Jiyeon? Oh you mean that dumb bimbo? She was so easy I fished out a lot of info from that ! Ha ha ha!” He laughed maniacly; he actually befriended and dated Jiyeon in order to get information out of her.

 

Sooyoung was now at her peak of anger; she’s lost her composure and charged straight towards him. She wanted to beat him up with her bare hands, so she dropped her rifle and started throwing punches and kicks towards him.

 

“Stop dodging you coward! Fight me!” Sooyoung taunted as she lets out a flurry of kicks and punches but only seem to hit air.

 

“Ha ha ha! Are you really trying to fight me? You must be joking!”  The blonde man continued dodging as he mocked Sooyoung.

 

All of sudden Sooyoung landed a wicked roundhouse kick on his face; the blonde man awkwardly stumbled back. His lips started to bleed; the sight of his own blood infuriated the man.

 

“Like the tasted of your own blood there’s more wh—” Sooyoung mocked him back but was cut off.

 

Sooyoung was completely surprised when the blonde man moved at an almost blinding speed. He mercilessly started his own barrage at Sooyoung. He placed a solid punch on Sooyoung’s tummy which made her hunch over. Sooyoung felt the air knocked out of her.

 

“Did that hurt chicken? We’re just getting started!” He sarcastically smirked as he tugged on Sooyoung’s hair.

 

He threw in a couple of more body punches, left and right… a couple of ribs cracked, left and right Sooyoung could feel her insides burning and she coughed up blood. He capped off his attack with a wicked left hook to Sooyoung’s cheeks. Sooyoung was knocked unconscious and fell to the floor with a resounding thud.

 

“What? Is this all the fun you have to offer me? Pathetic!” The blonde sardonically asked as he continued to spitefully look at Sooyoung then he took out a katana concealed inside his coat

 

 

Hello everyone I'm back, here's my first update of the week. I'm not really in high spirits well quite honestly haven't been since last week.

 

The past week has been the most terrible time of my life, My younger sister got dengue and my brother had to be taken to the hospital after his dialysis treatment.... Sigh I'm really an emotional wreck...  I'm not entirely sure if and when things will get back to normal. As of now my sister's out of the hospital and is here at home recupperating... as for my brother... still in the hospital... Sigh my life... 

 

Well anyways I'll put up another update when I get a chance. 

 

-AnDroGeNie-