Aftermath

To Love You: More than a Dream, It is our Destiny

 

Chapter 41 Aftermath


 

 

It’s been two days since the attack on the CGC Tower. Jessica sat besides Sooyoung’s bed, she watched helplessly as a breathing apparatus was hooked up to Sooyoung. It’s been hours since she got out from surgery to repair her broken ribs. The doctor determined it best to keep on using the breathing apparatus since Sooyoung still has difficulty breathing. The sun was up and Jessica stayed all night long waiting and watching over Sooyoung.

 

Outside Sooyoung’s room

 

“The surgery is a success but she may still have difficulty breathing, your daughter’s out of danger now Mr. Choi.” The doctor respectfully bowed to Mr. Choi and left.

 

Mr. Choi went back inside the room and and took a seat besides Jessica, there’s now bags beneath her eyes and the whole while she found it nearly impossible to sleep and couldn’t stop thinking about Sooyoung.

 

“Jess, I think you should get some rest, I’m sure Youngie wouldn’t want you to be deprived of sleep.” Mr. Choi tried to comfort and ease Jessica whose all worried and kept watching Sooyoung like a hawk.

 

“I’m sorry uncle; it’s just hard seeing her like this. It’s never easy seeing someone you love in this kind of state.”

 

“How could I sleep soundly when my heart and mind go crazy when I lose sight of her?” Jessica tried keeping her cool and she didn’t want to breakdown and cry.

 

“Jess, I know and understand exactly what’s going through your head, but you owe it to yourself and to Sooyoung to also take care of yourself.” Mr. Choi smiled affectionately towards Jessica as he patted her head.

 

“Thanks uncle, I guess I’ll take a nap in a while.”

 

“Hmm… I think I have a better idea, Jess why don’t you sleep with Sooyoung.”

 

“What?!!!! Uncle say what?!” Jessica’s eyes grew wide and for a moment she couldn’t think straight as her face lit up in a shade of pink.

 

“Uh… not sleep together doing you know what… but really SLEEP together…” Mr. Choi scratched his head and emphasized the word sleep.

 

“OHHH!!” Jessica got the idea and smiled sheepishly

 

“Besides it would put your mind at ease sleeping next to her rather than sleeping on the couch, no?” Mr. Choi scrunched his eyebrow and placed his hand underneath his chin, he wasn’t exactly sure if it was a brilliant idea.

 

ISA HQ

 

Psy was debriefing the team and handing them their next mission, after the Attack on CGC Tower Psy had no choice but to speed things up and step up the security at the Jung Industries Building. After two hours their meeting was done, Psy gave out his final orders before dismissing the team.

 

“Listen team we can’t afford to be lenient considering that the enemy has succeeded in getting their hands on the codex.” Psy massaged his temples as he thought of the task ahead of them.

 

“I could only guess but I’m pretty sure they would strike soon.”

 

“I’ve arranged for new and tighter security detail around Mr. and Mrs. Jung. The Jung Industries building’s security has also been significantly increased. That said I guess we have almost all bases covered.”

 

Psy breathed out a sigh and then had a serious look on his face.

 

“Make no mistake boys and girls… they will come at us with everything including the kitchen sink… and I’m sure they would employ any means necessary in order to get what they want.”

 

Taeyeon, Yuri and Hyoyeon got the picture; they knew too well that Jessica, Tiffany, Yoona, Nicole and Krystal are in danger. They remained silent as their faces were filled with determination to protect them.

 

“After this meeting; I expect all of you to do your best, also I want you to keep a close eye on the girls and lastly be ready to respond to any enemy attack on the Jung Industries building.”

 

“Yes sir!” Everyone chorused and responded.

 

“Alright, dismissed.”

 

After the meeting they went their separate ways, Sunny, Siwon, Minho and Seohyun stopped by the hospital before heading out towards the Jung Industries. Meanwhile Yuri, Taeyeon and Hyoyeon went back to the safehouse.

 

Taeyeon’s car

 

Yuri sat on the backseat staring at the window her thoughts drifting off in different directions. On one hand she thinks of Yoona and on the other she worries of the coming days and what they bring. Taeyeon looked at Yuri through the rearview mirror it was highly unusual for the kkab to be silent.

 

“Yah! Kkab! Stop spacing out it’s weird if you stay quiet!”

 

“Mwo?! Aish I was just enjoying the view Taengoo why do you have to ruin the nice view!” Yuri fired back a little pissed that Taeyeon disturbed her.

 

“Nice view my y ! We’re still in the complex how could the security fences be a nice view huh?”

 

“Whatever Taengoo, aren’t I entitled for some peace and quiet?” Yuri scratched her head annoyingly and hissed.

 

“Oh come on Yul, you and I know better that you’re thinking of our mission right?” Taeyeon looked Yuri dead in the eye. She knows somethings bothering her. Yuri could do little except pout and sigh in defeat.

 

“Yul stop worrying too much, we’ll all get through this. Don’t let your fears run you down. What we need to do is give our all so that we can protect everyone.” Hyoyeon tried to cheer Yuri up.

 

“You know you two munchkins can really dish out the right things to say. Kekeke” Yuri chuckled as she teased Taeyeon and Hyoyeon.

 

“Kkab!”

 

Taeyeon continued driving towards the ISA safehouse, little did she know that they were being closely monitored and a trap was in place for them further down the road.

 

“Tae look, I think that old lady could use a hand.” Hyoyeon pointed out to the old lady by the roadside, she was waving her hands as she stood next to her car that has a flat tire.

 

“Come on Taengoo lets help her out!” Yuri ecstatically seconded Hyoyeon’s sentiment.

 

“Yeah yeah, okay let’s help her.” Taeyeon lazily responded she was eager to go back to the safehouse and spend time with Tiffany.

 

Taeyeon pulled her car over, the old lady made her way towards the car and Taeyeon rolled down her window.

 

“Thank heavens! I’m sorry to bother you dears but could you please help me change a flat tire?”

 

“My back is really bothering me and I’m in an aweful hurry to go to my doctor for an appointment.” Taeyeon nodded and acquiesced as she turns the engine of her car off. Yuri and Hyoyeon went ahead and got off first.

 

“Don’t worry ma’am we’ll help you change your tire, do you happen to have a spare?” Yuri asked the old lady.

 

“Yes, I do it’s in the trunk just give me a second to open up my trunk.” The old lady innocently smiled and got inside her car and opened the trunk.

 

Hyoyeon took the spare tire while Yuri rummaged around looking for a hydraulic jack and a tire wrench.

 

“Uhm, ma’am do you happen to have a hydraulic jack and tire wrench?”

 

“Oh dear I don’t think I have one…” The old lady scratched her head and smiled earnestly.

 

“Hey Taengoo you have a jack and tire wrench in the car right?” Yuri called out to Taeyeon who was just stepping out of the vehicle.

 

“Yeah, hold on a sec… let me just get them okay?” Taeyeon let out a sigh and popped her car’s trunk. She took out the hydraulic jack and the tire wrench.

 

Within a few seconds the three of them were conveniently distracted, unknowingly there was a person hiding behind the bushes. He stealthily got out of hiding and carefully planted a tracking device on Taeyeon’s car.

 

“There all done!” Yuri clapped her hands and smiled happily after helping the old lady.

 

“Oh thank you so much dears! Oh now I can finally go to my doctor!” The old lady exclaimed with much relief.

 

“Oh how could I ever repay you girls?”

 

“N-no problem at all ma’am we’re just glad to lend a helping hand.” Yuri waved her hands gesturing to the old lady that there was no need for her to give anything them, while Taeyeon and Hyoyeon simply shook their heads with an impish smile.

 

“Well, thanks again and I’m sorry for troubling you girls.” The old lady smiled and politely bowed to them.

 

“Oh dear look at the time I guess I better hurry to see my doctor.” The old lady feigned in distress as she looked at her wrist watch.

 

“Oh! Yeah… well ma’am just drive safe and take care now!” Taeyeon became a lot more cheerful as the old lady panicked and hurriedly got inside her car.

 

“Yeah and thanks again for everything!” The old lady waved her hand as she drove away.

 

“Yeah! Finally I can get back to the safehouse and spend some quality time with my precious mushroom!” Yuri and Hyoyeon rolled their eyes and laughed as Taeyeon dorkily skipped and got inside her car.

 

 

Sooyoung

 

I heard someone snoring lightly, the sound of her breathing and her cute snores are all too familiar. I’m still dazed and lightheaded, I’m not feeling too well but man how long was I out? I don’t exactly remember everything but I tried to recall what had happened. Then it hit me that blonde weirdo beat me up and knocked me out. Just then I felt some pain in my abdomen while I gasped for air. Breathing is somewhat awkward with this mask I’m wearing, I know this helps me breathe easier but man this is such a drag.

 

“Ow! ... arggh…” I cursed and hissed in a very low voice, I tried to muffle my voice. I didn’t want to wake this lovely angel sleeping next to me.

 

When the pain subsided I turned my attention towards her; my muse, my goddess, Jessica Jung. I really missed her and God I’d give anything to wake up next to her for the rest of my life. But I knew that’s only wishful thinking; there are still things that need to be taken cared of before I could even consider settling down. I panicked a bit when she stirred, her eyes slowly opened and she blinked a couple of times. Then she stared at me as her lips curled showing me her prettiest smile.

 

“Youngie~! I missed you *mwah~* sooo much!” Sica affectionately used her aegyo and kissed my cheeks lightly.

 

“Morning… Sica…” My voice a little muffled and weak. I could only do little and show her a weak smile.

 

“Youngie, if it’s still difficult for you to say anything please don’t force yourself arraso?” As much as I wanted to say something I couldn’t help but only nod. Talking really takes the wind out of me and as a result it makes me breathe harder.

 

Sica looked at me tenderly as she moved her head closer to mine and laced her hands with mine. I moved my head closer to hers as our foreheads leaned against each other. We stayed in a comfortable silence as we stared at each other before drifting off to sleep while comfortably snuggled against each other.

 

Here's another update enjoy. Thanks everyone for the comments and thanks to my new subscribers. 

 

Everyone thank you for the support!  Til next time Bye!

 

-AnDroGeNie-