CHAPTER 43: A Kiss I Don't Wanna Miss

The Fairytale of the Bad- Female

 

CHAPTER 43: A Kiss I Don't Wanna Miss

 

(Jiyong P.O.V)

 

Jiyong: I’m dead.

Psy: Don’t be such a coward, master.

Jiyong: Face it. I lost.

Psy: How?

Jiyong: He got to invite Chae to prom.

Psy: Then?

Jiyong: Well…

Psy: See? He’s done just one thing. But you? You’ve been doing things for CL-agassi all her life. You can’t give up now.

Jiyong: Aniyo. She likes CL too….and worst part is,

 

……he’s not giving her up.

 

My day has passed as sickish as it could get. I had to put up with Bom all day with her stubbornness about perfecting the dance. She said she badly wanted to be on the front row so we have to show off that we can. Totally ignoring her, I just did the dance as lazy as I can.

 

I don’t know, but these past few days she’s really getting annoying. Ever since I agreed to go to the prom with her, she has done horrible things. Whenever I go alone in the hallways, she would always grab my arms and stick with me showing off that I am hers. Then, whenever I tried to approach CL she would always stop me and make me come with her at all cost. I assure you, the worst is just about to come.

 

It’s already 8 in the evening and I’m still waiting for CL. She has gone overtime with Professor Sean with her speech training. I just wanted to see her before I go to bed. The truth is, I’ve been less close to her ever since my fail confession to her. Now that I knew TOP likes her too, I just don’t feel like hanging around with her with the thought lurking in my mind. My self-esteem just lowered down like hell.

 

Unconsciously, my eyes were getting heavier until a black-out occurred.

 

------------------------

 

(CL P.O.V)

 

CL: Aigoo. Why sleep in the sofa?

 

As I came home, I saw Jiyong lying on the sofa downstairs, dozing off like a little kid. I smiled as I saw him sleep as gentle as he can like a baby’s. I came towards him and I kneeled down to actually see his face as near as I can. I brushed the bangs of his hair as careful as I can and his face was exposed more. My heart started beating on fast mode and I felt the urge to gulp down as I stare down as his flawless face. How could one be so gorgeous when sleeping?!

 

Just then Jiyong suddenly grabbed me by his arm, hugging me towards him. I stared at him if he’s really still unconscious and I guess he is. Then, he started sleep-talking.

 

Jiyong: Y-y-yaaa, s-s-sarang…h-hae…

 

I widened my eyes as he said those words. Am I dreaming? Is he addressing that to me? My pulse rate went crazy and I started producing cold sweat. I wish I could have recorded his voice so that I could hear it every time I want to.

 

Jiyong: B-b-bom…ahhh

 

Just at that moment, my heart turned frozen. It wasn’t me, of course. It’s always and will always be Bom. Who am I to kid myself? He’ll never look at me like I look at him now. Now I know why they said that a broken heart will always be the painful one. Because no matter what you do, once damage is done…it can never mend right away. It will always be embossed as as I can think.

 

Turning my warm smile to frown, I gently took away his arm away from me and I went upstairs, with tears conquering my eyes. Before I close my door, I looked at Jiyong again whose busy murmuring in his sleep to how he loves…Park Bom. With an aching heart, I finally closed my door and went back to the hurting reality.

 

Jiyong: B-b-bom…ahhhh. Y-y-you…hh…

 

 

….CL-ssi….

 

 

……….S-s-sarang…h-h-hamnida.

 

-----------------------------

 

(TOP P.O.V)

 

Minji: you lied to me, didn’t you?

 

I am now in our turf with Minji here. I successfully dragged her to come with me leaving her furious mother alone. She was left speechless when I actually told them that I already found Minji’s sister. She weakly unclasped Minji’s wrist from her and looked at me like I’ve revealed a very big secret that I shouldn’t have.

 

On our way home, Minji kept asking me to who her sister is. She kept bugging me and I kept answering that I’ll tell her later.

 

TOP: No. I didn’t.

Minji: Then why don’t you tell me WHO MY SISTER IS?

 

I scratched my head as I found her very annoying now. She kept nagging like her sister does and it really bugs me inside. Of course, in CL’s case I am more understanding… but when it comes to her sister? I don’t know. It seems like I’m uncontrollably irritated by the sound of her voice.

 

TOP: Fine.

 

She patiently waits for me to say a name as she didn’t take away her stare on me. I looked at her and I felt guilty for not telling her when I soon found out. I guess I should really tell her now.

 

TOP: She’s…uhm…

Minji: Yeah???

TOP: She’s actually….

 

Just then I was interrupted by my brother who came home with blood covering his face. He can barely stand up and he was desperately looking for something to lean on. I rushed towards him as well as Minji, and we helped him go up and made him sit in the couch.

 

TOP: What the hell happened to you?!

Minji: YA! Ahjussi! What happened???

 

He closed his eyes as I felt he can still feel pain from those wounds and he brushed us away with his frail arm.

 

Dongwook: W-w-water….

 

Minji immediately rushed to the kitchen and got him some water. As he drank like a guy who hasn’t drank water for years, he groaned more in pain. I got impatient and shook him, hungry for answers.

 

TOP: YAAA!

Minji: Ya! Let him rest first! For crying out loud!

 

As I was frustrated and worried at the same time, I took away my hands from him and was about to go upstairs. Then he coughed, and he called me.

 

Dongwook: You’re wrong.

 

I looked back at him, confused.

 

Dongwook: I didn’t give her up. I fought for her…

TOP: What are you talking about?

 

He smirked. He stood up from his seat which made Minji hold him for support. He brushed her away and he came towards me, walking like a disabled one.

 

Dongwook: I tried to get her back…I’ve waited outside their ty mansion until her father’s guards came out and dragged me out. I didn’t give up easily, of course…I had to get her back, I thought. I punched them with all my might to get them away from my plans. But they were too many…I was outnumbered. When they were all satisfied to what they have done to me, they finally said…

 

He choked back a sob, but continued telling me anyway.

 

Dongwook: They said…she’s married by now.

 

I widened my eyes as I heard him. Hanbyul got married already? Not knowing how to react, I just looked at my brother who’s really about to cry now. He weakly glared at me, and then he fell down. Good thing I was just near to catch him with my huge arms. As I can see it, I think…I am embracing my pitiful brother now.

 

Then I heard him cry.

 

I felt like I wanted to join with him too. I’ve never seen my brother cried even when our mother left us years ago. He was always the strong one, he would always say crying won’t change a thing but I guess Hanbyul has always been his exception in everything. While as for me, Hanbyul has always been the reason of my jealousy…jealous of how my brother loves him as much as he loves his own brother. I don’t get why he always leans on her while I’m here all along. But as years passed by, I’ve learned to just let them be and my bitterness grew between the two of them.

 

Minji, who was watching us all along, stood up and excused herself to get some medical supplies and heal these bloody wounds and scratches my brother, has.

 

---------------------------

 

(CL P.O.V)

 

I can’t sleep. It’s already two in the morning and I am still wide awake. My system seems to not accept my every attempt to fall into a deep sleep. Totally irritated by myself, I stood up from bed and decided to grab some water downstairs. Maybe that would freshen up my insides and I could finally get some sleep.

 

I went down with the lights closed so I lightened up my phone to guide my way. I drank a glass of water in the kitchen and decided to go back and try sleeping again. Just then, I saw a figure of a foot hanging on the couch. That’s odd; no one ever sleeps in the couch. Mrs Kwon strictly reminds all of us that…OH CRAP. Can it be Jiyong? The maids should have woken him up and made him go to his room.

 

Being nervous that it might be something scary, I went towards the couch to see who’s sleeping there. When I got nearer, I recognized the foot hanging and it was really Jiyong’s. I peeked at him and he’s still sleeping. Remembering how he murmured things earlier that broke my heart, I just can’t keep myself from staring at his lovely face. No matter how he hurts me, I still find myself crawling back to him. Even though one-sided love never works for anyone, I guess I’m happy just by seeing him happy too. Sigh.

 

I leaned on the couch’s back support and just kept staring.

 

CL: Since when have I fallen so much for you?

 

I sighed deeply as I figured out that there’s nothing I can do with my feelings anymore. I was completely trapped by him, by this nerdy guy turned prince charming. To come think of it, I’ve been so harsh to him before, a complete some might say, and I didn’t even bother to notice that. He was so nice to me not until then he got too much of my ways. He was annoyed and he started noticing and caring for me less. I guess that was the time I started feeling something awkward and different to him. Stupid of me, don’t you think so? I started chasing for his attention when he finally gotten enough of me. Jeez.

 

CL: Ya. Don’t break my heart too much, araseo? I swear I’ll punch you in the face.

 

I decided to go away and shake off these feelings of mine. Maybe sleeping would be a great healer, I thought. Just then my gooseflesh activated and someone just grabbed me by my arm. I looked back and saw it was Jiyong. Wait, I thought he was sleeping? Did he…did he hear me earlier???

 

Nervous, I just stared at him like I’ve seen a horrible ghost. Just then, he pulled me towards him, reached for my face and surprisingly…

 

….he laid his lips as lightly as he can, to mine.

 

Frozen, I just realized…he just kissed me.

 

---------------------

Finally, what you've all been waiting for. ;))

But I had to keep it hanging for a while. lol

 

<33