Chapter 24: AWKWARD

The Fairytale of the Bad- Female

 

CHAPTER 24: AWKWARD

 

He requested to make me bring him in the terrace outside ‘cause he said that it’ll be a good thing if he gets fresh night air there. As much as I’m lazy to do it for him, I have no choice but to agree, thinking that I owe him my life…basically.

 

 I brought him just in front of the steel terraces of the hospital with no one else around. At first, he didn’t speak a word. He just stared up in the night sky with all those bright stars doing their thing up there. As I peek in him, I’ve realized on how I acted to him when he was in a critical condition. Okay, so I guess I acted a bit exaggerated. It’s just because I’ve never witnessed someone who was between life and death situations so I think I felt something like an emotional stress inside me.

 

I’ve focused on him now, seeing him looking up innocently…I felt really bad inside. This boy right here actually took the risk of being shot just to save his good-for-nothing best friend. While I…did nothing for him in return.

 

CL: Why did you have to take that shot?

 

He looked at me, startled, but managed to process my question somehow. He smiled then he looked away.

 

Jiyong: I can’t…

CL: Can’t what?

Jiyong: I can’t take seeing you fighting for your life like I did.

CL: That’s rubbish. I’ve been fighting my entire life…for me to actually survive here! So why in???

 

He smiled again, looking down.

 

Jiyong: I might sound selfish but…I don’t think I can handle the same pressure and stress you had when I was in a critical condition. And I might actually not recover from the truth that I didn’t save you from that bullet when I had the chance.

CL: You’re really..!

Jiyong: Chaerin, if I had to do the same thing again for me to save you…I’ll do it. No doubt about that.

 

This time, he looked at me intently. Like he meant every word he said which practically melted my heart with those…cheesy words? Jeez. To lessen the awkwardness I felt, I just looked away.

 

CL: Erm…but still…you didn’t have to do that. It was for me, not for you…

Jiyong: Look, if you’re thinking I was blaming you, I’m not.

CL: *looking back to him again* Aniyo! I was just…

Jiyong: I didn’t tell anyone about anything yet. I knew you’d be in trouble if I did.

 

Okay, guilty me here.

 

CL: But…what about your mom?...

Jiyong: I’ve told everyone not to tell her anything about me having an accident. I’m too old to be guarded anyways.

 

I scratched my nape. I didn’t know what to say…He was…

 

…very kind as always. Sigh

 

Jiyong: A simple thank you will do.

CL: Mwo??!!

Jiyong: Didn’t you hear me?

CL: Why would I??? Uhm…you decided that for yourself!

Jiyong: Okay. Then I guess I’d have to think for another condition.

CL: WHAT?! What condition??

Jiyong: *claps his hand* ah! I know! *looks at me teasingly* Go to the prom.

 

I rolled my eyes with that topic again. Seriously, why do people force me to attend that full of crap event??? Jeez. To see me be embarrassed by wearing gay dresses?? Well, no way.

 

CL: That again.

Jiyong: What? What again?

CL: Jinusean forced me to go to that crap too. I don’t need anyone forcing me for the second time.

Jiyong: Fine.

CL: What…fine?

Jiyong: Don’t force yourself then.

CL: But you just said…

Jiyong: I can’t push you, can I?

CL: Erm…of course! You can’t.

Jiyong: Look, I gotta go. You can stay here if you want; think about what Professor Sean has offered you. I can pretty much handle this thing.

 

Without me responding, he just left, doing all he can to actually move that wheelchair. I just watched him trying to control those wheels and closed the door. 

 

Weird. When it comes to his conditions…he’s always persuading me to accept it rather than making me do whatever I want. Has his mind been affected after what happened? Jeez.

 

What’s happening with that guy??

 

--------

 

(Jiyong P.O.V)

 

“Act like a worthy player.”

 

I kept thinking about what Psy hyung has advised me to even though I actually don’t know what that means. All I knew was I needed to change this habit of mine of keeping CL too close to me, and I have to start thinking on how I can make her think that I care less now. Did I do the right thing??? Well, I really wanted to see her in our prom. That’s for sure. But…I had to be careful with my actions towards her now since I just straight-forwardly told her that I can’t manage it if she was in my condition right now. Real tough, Jiyong. Aish.

 

I tried hard to go back to my room and I asked Psy hyung to help me get back to bed. When I was already settled up, I smiled thinking about what I did earlier. Jeez, that was too different of me.

 

Psy: Any progress, master?

Jiyong: What?

Psy: You followed CL Agassi right?

Jiyong: Oh. Yeah…uhm. I don’t think that’s a progress.

Psy: What happened??

Jiyong: I…I told her straight-forwardly that…I can’t let her take that shot.

Psy: Then???

Jiyong: Uhm…then I acted coldly by leaving her the decision of going to the prom.

Psy: You’ve been good, master!

Jiyong: I was???

Psy: Yaaaa. That was some kind of a mixture of a smooth man and a cold-hearted guy. Cool combination, master!

Jiyong: I don’t know…

Psy: Ya, but master. But don’t overdo things like totally ignoring her. Do it in a teasing way if you know what I mean.

Jiyong: Aish. It’s hard, hyung!

Psy: Don’t worry, it’s always hard in the beginning. I’ll help you out. But first we need you out here in this prison.

 

Realizing that I am in a real prison here with this dextrose on me, I just agreed to hyung. I sighed deeply thinking on how this “player” plan would work. Then I remembered something…

 

Jiyong: AISH!

Psy: Eo…master?

Jiyong: I forgot to ask about…

Psy: About what???

Jiyong: Uhm…nothing. Never mind. AISHHH!

 

I buried my face on the pillow as I just remembered the question that has been bothering me all along. WHO IS THAT MAN WHO WAS GOING TO SHOT CL? What’s her connection with him??? Aish. Stupid, Jiyong. How could you forget?

 

----------

 

And I'm officially back!

Thanks guys for waiting, and here's my gift for you. ;)

A skydragon moment. lol even though it's not that cheesy, at least there's some improvement. ;))

- Chel. <33